It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran displays captured US drone

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This picture was provided via a link from a previous member's post, and I thank you for that

source

Now copy that pic or zoom in with your browser and just look at that right wing where it joins the fuselage. It appears that the people from the rocky and mountainous land of Iran share some common attributes of the U.S. Appalachian Mountainfolk. The unique ability to use duct-tape to repair everything
And a rather poor tapejob at that. I see at least two holes in the (I assume) composite skin on the drone at the bottom & top of the right wing. Duct tape appears to run the whole length. And it is sorta, ummm, a bit...unstealthy looking.

It's safe to assume that C.I.A. drone operations are not sent into front-line duty with wings that have duct-tape bandaged from leading edge wingtip to the aircraft's rear. Probably also safe to assume that this high tech repair component runs loops around that wing multiple times. I'll also mention that what appears to be tape also appears near the same area on the opposing wing as well. Now why? Were the rings ripped from the drone upon landing? Being as how the underside has been intentionally shielded from view to perhaps hide additional damage, I think we can take this as a possiblity.

One thing that I hadn't noticed before when first reading up on this story, is the propaganda flags. At first, they appeared to me to be hanging on the wall behind the drone. But upon closer inspection, they are fastened by packaging tape along the length of the wings. They are not hung level, to indicate uneven damaged areas.

source

There is also visible damage to the underside of the left wing that is circled. We can assume that the majority of the undercarriage of this vehicle has sustained some fairly significant damage. Hopefully the guts were ripped out of it and destroyed.

There was a post earlier about how this aircraft would be unstable. It is basically a flying wing, so I don't really follow. There's a lot of other things and I need some caffiene in the worst way. I would like to point out that with all of the nitpicking on how this was an act of war, advanced Persian electronic warfare capabilities...and yes, they are Persians, not Arabs. We know nothing other than the fact we lost a rather expendable piece of hardware. At least one generation old I figure, but I am nobody. Now this being the most top-secret spy vehicle and comments regarding any classified surveillance aircraft in the U.S. inventory. The answer, poster, was given to you a few pages back had you taken the time to have bothered to read. Since you failed to do so, here is one for you to salivate at. Thanks to the member for posting the link for this.

source

And as the member said....the public is viewing that one...so, you tell me.

Now we do not know.....
Where did this craft come down in Iran?
When or where was control lost of the craft?
Engine failure or other mechanical/electronical malfunction?
Craft compromised?
It very well could have lost an engine over a routine patrol over Afghan territory and glided into Iranian airspace. We simply do not know. Calling this an act of war, and shouts for impeachment is careless and ignorant.

source

edit on 9-12-2011 by Marrr because: neural overload

edit on 9-12-2011 by Marrr because: source link needed added

edit on 9-12-2011 by Marrr because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2011 by Marrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Pentagon on the Iranian RQ-170 Drone Capture

: Acknowledging that this video only just came out and that you're probably still looking at it, can you give us at least an initial assessment as to whether or not the aircraft in the video is legitimately -- could be a Sentinel or not? And if so, can you give us any idea about whether or not you agree it could have landed somehow --or somewhat intact?

CAPT. KIRBY: No. (Chuckles.) No, we're just not -- we've -- certainly we've had a chance to look at the images, and there are folks looking at them. But we're not going to comment beyond that.

This I posted so that some questions which have been asked, can be answered by the official statement which was made. See above linked source.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: of link error and to add clarity as requested

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I must say it’s in rather good condition considering it has been shot down....
have America confirmed anything?

Just seen the post with the under wing damage, you not think there would be a bit more?
or you thinking it glided down and landing on the underbelly?

edit on 9-12-2011 by ototheb85 because: seen damage to drone post

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I do not understand your point here.

Can you please elaborate?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
I must say it’s in rather good condition considering it has been shot down....
have America confirmed anything?

as i like to say,

there running s*it scared atm, if its not the downed drone then iran is simply showing the world their latest drone weapon directed at anyone and everyone. If it is the drone then its not a matter of "oh s*it" but rather a matter of " were fu*ked "
edit on 9-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

I thought the American flag with the skulls was interesting too. You can't say that wasn't intentional. It's war propaganda and its pitting the United States vs Iran.

I don't want this, the typical Iranian doesn't want this.

This type of propaganda will equal war folks.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ototheb85

I posted the above which appear to be the only official statement made on the incident.

If I had to guesstimate, I would say Iran had help by foreign electronic services operatives, I only say this because they haven't shown the capability to do so for themselves. Clearly the action was from Iran's soviet or Chinese advisory programs. Testing their technology defeat and intercept teams, with counter electronics.

Basically they did as they said, they hacked it and landed it as best they could.
Such would explain the lack of physical damage to the craft. The frequencies used for the drones has been released previously, and drone handbooks published on the many intelligence leakage sites.

One only needs to be aware of where to look.

ProudBird

See my above post for clarification.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: was requested add to whom I was replying, and clarity

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Pentagon on the Iranian RQ-170 Drone Capture

: Acknowledging that this video only just came out and that you're probably still looking at it, can you give us at least an initial assessment as to whether or not the aircraft in the video is legitimately -- could be a Sentinel or not? And if so, can you give us any idea about whether or not you agree it could have landed somehow --or somewhat intact?

CAPT. KIRBY: No. (Chuckles.) No, we're just not -- we've -- certainly we've had a chance to look at the images, and there are folks looking at them. But we're not going to comment beyond that.

edit on 9-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: of link error

gotta love the double talk reminds of the double dutch dance.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Thank You for the clarification.

Only time will tell whether many of our assumptions turn out to have any accuracy. All of the information gathered will contribute to the over-all comprehension, in due course.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Just a hastily put together
imo, We gotta figure that they'll sell that or work out some sort of agreement with China. The whole thing looks very cheap and disposable to me, but it is impressive looking to an extent. I can see why the hysteria that's been easily generated over this. Warmongering? Let us all hope not on that one.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Yeah I agree, lol.

For those who may still be confused as to the post I made, just read the linked site and it should be clear. There are too many speculative comments ad questions on this forum which have been addressed in the official statement which is linked.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Shot Down? Yeah, real damaged aye. What did they use.. slingshots?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

If you and those who stared you, would have read the information, it was "not" shot down, instead they hacked into the frequencies and commandeered the craft.

ProudBird

No problem, I was thinking it was self explanatory but clearly some may have also been in the fog.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: needed to add additonal comment

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I've told myself anytime something fishy happens, to look at it from different points of view.

What if this was just a story conjured up to 'sell' technology.

I didn't believe the whole, we all of a sudden killed Osama but dumped him in the Ocean and I don't buy this, we all of a sudden lost control of a high tech drone and the Iranians have it almost fully intact.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Sorry to off topic ADVISOR but due to the media in America most Americans think the middle east are cavemen, so them having the ability to hack a plane and land it semi successfully isn't possible.

Just wanted to bring that to your attention. =)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
For more info feel free to do a search on signals or electronic intelligence and warfare.

Here are a couple of samples of the material I mentioned above.

Reading Mission Control Data out of Predator.. - Cryptome
cryptome.org/predator-read.pdf

Unmanned Aircraft Systems Present & Future Capabilities - Cryptome
cryptome.org/dodi/uav-future.pdf

Also if you go to and scroll down on the cryptome.org site, they have some decent hires images of the captured drone. I would post but, they are too large to fit and resizing would degrade quality.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I must respectfully disagree with this assertion:

If you and those who stared you, would have read the information, it was "not" shot down, instead they hacked into the frequencies .....

A further understanding of the many complexities of the encoding requirements, not to mention the many classified aspects.....well, I'd think these would be obvious (?).

Just sayin'................

(Perhaps, if there was some sort of level of "what we know"???)

I know what I know...doesn't mean I am unable to still learn more......((??))

(edit).....

Seeing this post as a follow-on, makes me ponder. Seriously.

I am pondering.

edit on Fri 9 December 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

That is their own ignorance.
I have been deployed to the middle east along Iran's border of Iraq in the Diyala Province. They are not cavemen and or barbarians, just less fortunate than the commercialized world. In fact they learn rather fast, but do not have the technology to keep pace with the rest of the "civilized world", if that is what many prefer to call it.

Personally, I feel the ones who look down upon another culture, are the less civilized, due to their ignorance of the world.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I respect your disagreement, and hope we can both mutually benefit from a collaborate debate, intended to further learn more upon the subject at hand.

edit on 9-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: of further spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Trojan horse, and if you needed a reason to start a war, and hostages weren't getting it, why you would find some other reason to initiate such activity, hence a very expensive piece of covert hardware, that cannot afford to be compromised.....

The US simply cannot allow such an important security breach, therefore, we must recover it, or destroy it, which may put boots on the ground, and I think you know what eventually follows....

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join