It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I believe this BBC series was broadcast across America and recieved huge praise, so I was amazed to hear that the final episode, On Thin Ice, was not going to be shown in the United States, Until I watched it. The whole episode was concentrating on the increased and rapid melting of the ice caps, flats and glaciers and how sea levels are rising across the Arctic and Antarctic, and as we know, according to you guys across the pond, Climate change is just another political method of increasing taxes.

I seriously recommend watching this Final Episode of Frozen Planet, its a HUGE eye opener, and the whole series if you havent watched the prior. Happy watching America

Heres the link for the Final Episode (not on youtube)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Heads up, BBC player only allows people to watch from the UK. Not US, so we're still cut out from it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

Oh.....Could you do me a favor and see if you can find an American site to watch it on?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I would but its not legal. If it isn't licensed it won't be here legally.

Its all about law. As Discovery or w/e is the group providing Frozen Planet to the US, then they have sole rights in the US to show it. Whomever else online in the US providing it, would have to get it from them or BBC. If they get it from BBC then that would mean BBC is supplying competition to Discovery. Which means Discovery would never do business with them again.

It not being shown could be a money issue, or viewer interest issue. Eitherway, the only way for US Citizines to see it would be A: Piracy, B: Import, C: Proxy. A isn't something I would support openly on ATS, and with coming laws...is a TV program really worth law suit / prison?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I sent you some info regarding watching this show. Hope that helps

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

Damn I thought as much, thanks anyways.

I believe it is a 'BBC propaganda' issue, as many believe the show to be spouting
which is ridicolous because Attenborough simply states what is happening and what will happen due to melting of ice, not why or who melts it. Propaganda my ass.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Thanks for the tip man but I live in England so am able to watch it on BBC iplayer, I just wanted to let you guys across the pond watch it as it is a brilliant episode.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Right on sorry for the confusion.

top topics

join