It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia PM Vladimir Putin accuses US over poll protests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Russia PM Vladimir Putin accuses US over poll protests

www.bbc.co.uk

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has accused the United States of being behind protests over the results of Russia's parliamentary elections.

Mr Putin said US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton "set the tone for some opposition activists".

She "gave them a signal, they heard this signal and started active work", he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It's all coming together.

Russia has allowed the US to overstep its bounds on the international stage. They allowed the US to carry out its "Arab Spring". Why? Because Russia is strategic.

The facts have already been presented, depicting the US for the manipulative empire that it is. Wikileaks has shown us that the US, under Hillary Clinton's command, spies on other diplomats in the UN. NATO has proven itself to fight Al Qaeda in one country while backing it in another. The US has shown that it is the top threat to Russian sovereignty with its deployment of ABM systems around Russia.

Russia has been allowing the US to make waves so it can pounce. The US has overestimated its role as some world policeman, forgetting that there are other nations that will not bow down to them. Russia is one of this countries. With evidence of US meddling in the Russia, it could turn out to be nothing more than fuel thrown onto the fire.

How could top American officials who authorize such blatant manipulation of foreign affairs have misstepped into Russia's territory? This was no accident!

Arrogant Americans, pride cometh before the fall. They are bringing the world to the brink of a major conflict to ensure their security.

You can now bet all your chips that Russia will back Iran against American aggression there as well. The US has given Russia a reason to stand up to them on the world stage, and other countries will follow suit.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Honestly even if Putin is lying I have more reason to trust him then the US.
Knowing Americas history tho I would not doubt it for one second, wether they know it or not Russia needs a leader who will stand up to the US.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti
Knowing Americas history tho I would not doubt it for one second, wether they know it or not Russia needs a leader who will stand up to the US.

Russia would not make these claims without proof. And when I say Russia, I mean Russia because Putin is Russian nationalism personified.

On top of this, Putin is ex-KGB so he knows how to play the intelligence game. He knows how to use information to his advantage.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Russia is not underestimated - it has way too much of inside problems: economy, crime etc. TPTB in Russia do not have any emperor ambitions they just want to steal some $B and retire in comfort in Rublyovka, some modest house $200M-$300M. What Putin says is nothing but the election game. If you think that another wave of world threat is coming from Russia you are brainwashed.
edit on 8-12-2011 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It doesn't matter who we side with, in the end they will all use Nuclear weapons killing us all!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I doubt the people of a corrupt nation needed a signal from anyone to see they are constantly being screwed over.
Why Russia bothers to call itself a democracy is beyond me when it's clearly not.

The people are not entirely stupid and have had enough.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Putin may have a point.

Fox news have just been caught playing footage of Greek riots and claiming it to be footage of Moscow..

You can't make this stuff up..
..well apparently Fix news can.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Of course Russia is strategic. But you'd be a damned fool to think they won't crush anyone that gets in their way for creating world communism. Europe will be annexed when the US falls.
edit on 8-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho
It doesn't matter who we side with, in the end they will all use Nuclear weapons killing us all!!!

They don't have to do it overt, they've had "accidents" that are doing the same thing. And put hundreds of thousands of chest xrays worth of radiation on the food and supplements even. I spend my time trying to astrally project, (after all they mention the silver cord in ecclisastics and the penial, in genisis with Jacobs ladder) and lucid dream to get straight to the top, God/Goodness and Higher Self and find out what we are supposed to do, actually do, as people, to stop this without fighting or becoming the demons they are. This is my daily project now. Because its insane living in an unequal nightmare world like this with the only goal being to die and leave it as quick as possible because you can't stand being in it.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PURIFIER
If you think that another wave of world threat is coming from Russia you are brainwashed.

No, I think that another "wave of world threat" is coming from the US. If you don't think that Russia would respond to it, then who is really brainwashed here?

pazcat-
I doubt the people of a corrupt nation needed a signal from anyone to see they are constantly being screwed over.
Why Russia bothers to call itself a democracy is beyond me when it's clearly not.

The people are not entirely stupid and have had enough.

I have yet to see a real example of a democratic nation out of all the nations standing on the world stage. Democracy may exist in some neutral countries in Europe or in developing South America, but it most certainly doesn't exist in industrialized nations seeking power beyond their boundaries. This is true for Russia, the US, UK, Canada, etc etc. Higher orders of economic interest and strategic alliance dictate these "democracies" and we are handed the choice to vote between parties that all follow the same political agenda.

Anyone who talks about democracy in such countries is clearly at the level of an ordinary bystander who believes the political speeches designed for the lowest common denominator- that is, the masses who still buy into this crap.

So that's why it pays to know real politics

edit on 8-12-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Anyone who talks about democracy in such countries is clearly at the level of an ordinary bystander who believes the political speeches designed for the lowest common denominator- that is, the masses who still buy into this crap.

Yet you fell for this political speech hook, line and sinker.
Interesting.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yet you fell for this political speech hook, line and sinker.
Interesting.

I fell for what, exactly?

The fact that the US has dug itself an inescapable hole among the international community, and now Russia is turning the table on it?

The real facts behind Putin's accusations mean little. The fact that he is in a position to make such claims, means a lot. Think about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

No country is absolutely perfect and the USA is certainly a sneaky, manipulative bugger on the world stage and even within it's own country.

However, Russia is the epitome of a corrupt and bastardized regime, thinly veiled as a democracy and still behaving as though it's the USSR.

The sooner the whole world wakes up and realises how much it is being played, the faster we can get the 'fix' over with and try to move on with a few more smiles and a few less aholes calling the shots.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Lol, now the facts don't matter?

You come running in saying that Russia wouldn't lie talking as if this is a fact. It's not, this was only a speech made by an under fire leader to try and rescue some face in a tricky situation designed for the "lowest common denomenator" that you speak of.

And you lapped it up.

How embarrassing for you.

I wouldn't worry, you're not the first to be won over by spin. After all that's what it was designed to do.
edit on 8-12-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This whole story infuriates me.

I saw the BBC reporting last night on the censorship of Russian TV, all the while ignoring their own complete news blackout on Occupy for several weeks.
Then they were banging on about Russian protesters being arrested, all the while ignoring the fact that thousands have been arrested in the USA, hit with batons, pepper sprayed... we've had protests here infiltrated with Met goons, massive monitoring operations, legal blocks on protest, steel walls erected to protect the 1%...

The complete hypocrisy of our own media drives me bonkers and is one more reason I'm thinking about throwing out my TV.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I know its funny isnt they cliam that the Russian media hasnt reported but RussiaToday did report on it.
And why i am not surprised that al jazeera was on the side with drug addict protesters

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The international finger pointing at the US is escalating and coming from all fronts. China, Iran, Syria, and now Russia. That finger is starting to itch more and more with the passing of each day and someone is bound to squeeze the hair trigger sooner than later. My gut feeling is not good right now.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

No country is absolutely perfect and the USA is certainly a sneaky, manipulative bugger on the world stage and even within it's own country.

However, Russia is the epitome of a corrupt and bastardized regime, thinly veiled as a democracy and still behaving as though it's the USSR.

The sooner the whole world wakes up and realises how much it is being played, the faster we can get the 'fix' over with and try to move on with a few more smiles and a few less aholes calling the shots.

America is a a corrupt and bastardized regime and with a puppet vs puppet democracy you sure you want that for the russian people?

And just what kind of democracy you want the russian people to have?

No country is absolutely perfect and the USA is certainly a sneaky, manipulative bugger on the world stage

I guess your viewing America as saints?
edit on 8-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Do you trust this?...

Putin got 99.48% of the votes in CHECHNYA of all places!

Now that is real fraud!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join