It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron says he will protect CITY of London

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 5mok3r

Say whatever you want about David Cameron but at least have the decency to leave his child out of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

cameron and his party are destroying the lives of many poor and unforunate people including cutting benefits for disabled children up and down the country but yet you choose to chastise me for a few words lol and to think I was holding back. Its a good job you don't see what I write elsewhere because I wouldn't want you to faint. If you don't hate these power rats, then you don't understand them.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Absolutely NOT!! Cameron doesn't deserve my decency. Good day to you all

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I understand the City of London thing protecting our financial interests, but what worries me is what 'other stuff' they will agree to 'under the radar' which will affect us as UK citizens just to protect the sanctity of the 'City'.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Thats the point this time though - it isn't about the sanctity of the city. It is simply that at this stage, we have to protect it. When the world economy starts recovering we can start serious reforms there but until then we are so reliant on its income (whether you like it or not) that we have no option other than to protect it as best we can.

Sad but true.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
With the Eurozone facing it's biggest crisis yet this summit will be used to try and iron things out to stabilise the zone I find it amusing that instead of making himself useful he plans to march on Brussels(lol) and demand more freedoms for the UK. No wonder the rest of Europe generally ignores the British when it comes to policy making.
The priority is to stabilise the region otherwise we're all screwed, and he wants to bother them with fishing quota's.

Also I don't know how he plans to protect London, as the UK is not part of the Eurozone I'd say there is little that will change. I guess that's his plan, go there, say nothing, everything is the same, job done and success.

Don't get me wrong they are all valid topics and questions that should be discussed, but I don't think the priorities are in check here.

To be fair the good point is is that this is causing a divide in the tories, let's hope it's a fatal divide.
edit on 8-12-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would say, both the Conservative party and New labour push the agenda of Neo Liberalism.

"Neo-liberalism" is a set of economic policies that have become widespread during the last 25 years or so. Although the word is rarely heard in the United States, you can clearly see the effects of neo-liberalism here as the rich grow richer and the poor grow poorer.

"Liberalism" can refer to political, economic, or even religious ideas. In the U.S. political liberalism has been a strategy to prevent social conflict. It is presented to poor and working people as progressive compared to conservative or Rightwing. Economic liberalism is different. Conservative politicians who say they hate "liberals" -- meaning the political type -- have no real problem with economic liberalism, including neoliberalism.

corpwatch.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Isn't the majority of London now owned and operated by wealthy Arabs? I know I was tripping all over them when I last visited.

Maybe he is assuring his muslim masters that he will be a good dhimmi and not allow their playground to be spoiled by the native Londoners.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
I understand the City of London thing protecting our financial interests, but what worries me is what 'other stuff' they will agree to 'under the radar' which will affect us as UK citizens just to protect the sanctity of the 'City'.

Rainbows
Jane

When has London ever protected our financial interests? London serves its own financial interests and sold the rest of us down the river for their own gain. This just shows again that we have another London-centric spiv leader who is willing to neglect and allow the rest of the British isles to be brought to it's knees, so his banker mates can make a few extra quid gambling on our hard work.

The City of London is a cesspit for bloodsucking parasites. Always been the case. Governments have always served London and sold the rest of the country off - Thatcher is a great example.

The only real industry left in this country is service based industry, where you can work for foreign companies who are creating things these City of London snakes have taken from the British people.

London is an all-consuming black hole that destroys everything around it, until there's nothing left to destroy, then they'll realise the only thing they've ever produced of any worth is dog food and toilet roll!

These City of London scum are the reason we're in the economic crisis we are in.

Britain was built on Northern, Scottish, Midlands, Welsh manufacturing and industry, but these Londoners have stripped the nation so all that is left for wealth creation is speculative financial services. Hardly a decent or contributory job to have.

The workhorse of Britain(pretty much anywhere but the south of England) has had all it's manufacturing bases destroyed and sent abroad. Who destroyed them? The City of London of course. All London does is shuffle money about and con people, they've never actually produced anything of merit or made any meaningful contributions. Unless you consider economic destruction and wars a contribution. The South East has bled Britain dry and it seems like Cameron is giving them the thumbs up to continue. The SE never has and never will be a productive region of Britain, not in any of our life times. Their business is selling our(Non SE industry) shares and stocks down the river to buy nice houses for themselves. Wealth speculators who speculate on wealth that they've never actually created.

London is a giant bloody Ponzi scheme, nothing but global financial trading pen pushing leeches!

The Midlands, The North, Scotland, Wales all built Britain and made it what it is. These fat cat Londoners who run the country still neglect us. Take "London 2012" for example. What a load of dishwater. What has London ever done for Britain to deserve the lions share of the Olympics?

The City of London spivs are glorified parasites.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Isn't the majority of London now owned and operated by wealthy Arabs? I know I was tripping all over them when I last visited.

Maybe he is assuring his muslim masters that he will be a good dhimmi and not allow their playground to be spoiled by the native Londoners.

No. He doesn't have "muslim masters". Go find a thread on a subject you know something about, clearly you don't know anything about London or Britain

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

100% correct but sadly does not change anything at the moment - we still have to protect the city until the markets are strong enough to allow us to start changing back to a more manufacturing based economy.

This makes me mad but realistically it is the only viable option at the moment - to hammer the City now would be to condemn the entire nation down the swanny......

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Cameron will protect the City Of London. Those sorry ass wimps need more protection then a little faggot like Cameron can offer... Anyhow,who will protect Cameron then? There is nowhere He can hide.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

Thank you...I revert back to my OP!
Taking my dosh out of the bank (what little I have) over next couple of days,,been doing it since beginning of year to be honest, only this time I am taking out my DD money too. I can always pay it back in beginning of next week when the dust settles over the week end!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Keep an eye on Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson , Boris Johnson to you and me , Mayor of London , he is making all the correct noises regarding the euro situation , unlike David William Donald Cameron errrr the prime minister in other words who on the surface is not being right wing enough for the backbenchers or the bloody 1922 committee Any one would think Boris fancies the top job himself, this is reverse psychology , they present two differing solutions , when in reality , no solution is needed. Be under no illusion regarding the city of London and the square mile , it is in no danger from Merkozy / Brussels in any way shape or form , I am slightly puzzled why no one else has not posted that this whole mock outrage regarding the UK or rather the City being under threat from Brussels is designed rhetoric to cover the fact that London's square mile is rock solid , Cameron or more to the point his puppet masters are losing no sleep over this, [ they run the show ] . Geeeeeeez the city was even exempt from the bloody Doomesday book. Queen Liz is the gangster moll running the whole show on both sides of the Atlantic
Wake up people , see through all the bravado , false rhetoric.
Also ,I object to the way the BBC covers Parliament , I want to see the reaction on faces as things are said from one side to the other , time and again the BBC decide what you can witness first hand , give us a split screen of both sides of the house , so we see all the reaction to the scripted 30 minute farce that is Prime ministers questions.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
To me it looks like history repeating itself. The sneaky Germans taking over Europe, who put them in charge anyway??

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
On Cameron

Originally posted by 5mok3r
He is nothing more than a worthless power rat who will hopefully soon go the way of his retarded 8yr old son.

Your post is out of order. If you cannot argue your case without bringing up the unfortunate fact that Cameron has a child who is handicapped (cerebral palsy and severe epilepsy) then you lose any arguement. Anyway, his son is not retarded. You should look in a mirror.

Regards

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Hmm there's not really that many Arabs here compared to say Pakistanis etc for example....

Hmmmmm

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Rainbows
Jane

And lets' not forget protecting financial interests doesn't mean getting hold of the huge lobbyists, Ceo's, execs and other cronies from the top end of the chain who have taken these huge profits and squandered them on multiple properties (at the COST of the taxpayer) , or have been involved in media manipulation via corporate lobbying and extremely dodgy tax breaks.

No they target the poor suckers who are a few grand in debt because they were tempted by loan companies and credit card schemes. Or worse yet, just because they wanted a home or a car to provide for the family.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Good catch, I don't think the folks contributing to the thread understand that london is its own country: DC, Vatican City as well. It is clear he will do what is best for those in charge, with all others left alone. Oddly enough, he isn't in charge of anything - he's a pawn. He should have said "I will do just as I am directed, to protect my overlords who's headquarters are London, a country wholly separate from all other areas of the world."

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The best way for him to do that is to step down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join