It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW YORK (AP) — An 85-year-old woman strip searched at Kennedy Airport.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

NEW YORK (AP) — An 85-year-old woman said Saturday that she was injured and humiliated when she was strip searched at an airport after she asked to be patted down instead of going through a body scanner, allegations that transportation security offic

uk.news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK (AP) — An 85-year-old woman said Saturday that she was injured and humiliated when she was strip searched at an airport after she asked to be patted down instead of going through a body scanner, allegations that transportation security officials denied.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-12-2011 by Droidinvoid because: Heading was too long

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Lenore Zimmerman said she was taken to a private room and made to take off her pants and other clothes after she asked to forgo the screening because she worried it would interfere with her defibrillator. She missed her flight and had to take one 2 1/2 hours later, she said.

This has nothing to do with security. Instead, it is a de-sensitization program designed to get the public accustomed to ever-increasing government intrusion into our personal, and private lives.

Isn't it amusing that this American citizen was strip searched to take a domestic to domestic flight yet MILLIONS of illegal aliens cross into this country every year?

Like the 17 year old pregnant girl who got in trouble for a purse that had a little western style gun sewed onto it... and now an 85 year old wheelchair bound woman. I am all for security and being safe on a flight, but until an 85 year old in a wheelchair actually poses a threat to the safety of a flight, I have to believe that she was wronged here in a number of ways. The TSA is only as good as it's people and with that said, How can I trust dumb people who would waste their time with an old lady from Florida with a defibrillator and in a wheel chair with the actual security threats from a real terrorist? Maybe they should pay these people more, and hire much more qualified individuals as opposed to the idiots that were involved in the above article.

uk.news.yahoo.com

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid

Like the 17 year old pregnant girl who got in trouble for a purse that had a little western style gun sewed onto it...

uk.news.yahoo.com

Would you go through any security checkpoint with an obvious weapon in your belongings...

Not saying the issue with the elderly woman was the same but your example is poor.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I hate being that dude, but someone needs to. #1 this happened last week, so it's not breaking news. #2 There is already a thread on this story. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's just protocol that everyone be checked. I worked security for TSA for 2 years and I seen just about everything. I'm not sure if the old lady was telling the truth but stripped searched? That's a tad bit far fetched but it could have happened. Everyone in the room was a woman though so not like a man was looking at her. Also, they tell the people if they don't feel comfortable with the search they don't have to go through with it...they just can't get on the flight.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Pic's or it never happened

ehh....sorry

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oakislander
It's just protocol that everyone be checked.

'just protocol'

I worked security for TSA for 2 years and I seen just about everything. I'm not sure if the old lady was telling the truth but stripped searched? That's a tad bit far fetched but it could have happened.

Also, they tell the people if they don't feel comfortable with the search they don't have to go through with it...they just can't get on the flight.

You really said that? Well no surprise Herr TSA agent...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
More proof that the TSA has no interest in real security, just power & tax revenue.

It's just protocol that everyone be checked. I worked security for TSA for 2 years

Another mindless drone, I see. Your generation makes me puke when they seem to careless about freedom & liberty for our people than they do just for the sake of getting a job treating everyone who travels like convicts.

if they don't feel comfortable with the search they don't have to go through with it...they just can't get on the flight.

Yeah, yeah if we don't like it we cant participate in today's business world which pretty much requires public air transport, not to forget all forms of transport if the TSA gets their wishes fulfilled.

So, you want to put us on lockdown if we dont like your fingers up our ass?

Attitudes like yours will make it easier for me to feel less pain if/when a revolution comes. I think I'll go out to the garage & drill out some more holes for the mercury tips.

Thanks, for reminding me why I do.

edit on 8-12-2011 by verylowfrequency because: just say what again

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Yeah, yeah if we don't like it we cant participate in today's business world which pretty much requires public air transport, not to forget all forms of transport if the TSA gets their wishes fulfilled.

So, you want to put us on lockdown if we dont like your fingers up our ass?

Calm down. I didn't say it was right at all. Just saying in my experience that's how it was handled. Is that is how it is handled everywhere all the time? Not at all. Is it wrong to be treated like that? Yeah it is.

It was a job that I had when I was younger and it payed good.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Here's another one:

Teen stopped at airport for design on purse

TSA isn't budging on the handbag, arguing the phony gun could be considered a "replica weapon." The TSA says "replica weapons have prohibited since 2002."

It's a rule that Vanessa feels can't be applied to a purse.

"Common sense," she said. "It's a purse, not a weapon."

A TSA official at JIA said it's not that uncommon for passengers to wear something that could be considered a gun replica, but the official encourages everyone to check the prohibited items list, which can be found online or at the airport before going through security.

The square police doing well at their job, it seems

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I just tried to watch the video in your post.
I know it is only short but I could not watch it. It made me feel sick.
What is happening in America? This searching everyone business is insane.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow, that video is crazy. The father is the one who took the shirt off though. That's where the TSA members should have told the father to put the shirt back on the child--not continue to search. Wow.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I dont see why the TSA are so unloved in America.
They are keeping Americans safe from evil terrorists who hate them because they love freedom.
edit on 8-12-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
I dont see why the TSA are so unloved in America.
They are keeping Americans safe from evil terrorists who hate them because they love freedom.
edit on 8-12-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

This quote is either brillantly sarcastic or mindlessly hopeless .
Either one it is, thanks dude for making my day

This has nothing to do with security. Instead, it is a de-sensitization program designed to get the public accustomed to ever-increasing government intrusion into our personal, and private lives.

Well said and very true. It's a form of conditioning to accustom the public to more intrusive forms of control. But 10 years after 9/11 I think people are starting to wake up to the con game that is the War on Terror. And the elite know this which worries me because that means another false flag operation is needed to remind everyone again what fear is,

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I wish ATS had voice recognition , would be great to quote a story and have a voice say NOPE and direct you to the existing thread
because I would not have posted the above story and I agree , nothing worse than a double post. ATS is one mutha of a forum and sooooo much info , if I get into a hostage situation, not very lightly as long as I have a laptop bring it on , ATS is food for thought on a daily basis.
Hindsight is a great thing , when reading posts on the forum , I need more foresight

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Its crap like this that makes me thankful to God in heaven that I own a motorcycle and a car and have enough cash and time to get anywhere I need to within a day and to be strong enough to drive myself to and from with a night's recovery.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It was a job that I had when I was younger and it payed good.

Where have we heard this before? You know where...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Just read an article that tells me the elderly lady that was strip searched and humiliated is going to sue the TSA.
I hope she takes them down - good and proper - to set an example and send a clear message. I hope she receives massive global attention so the world can see what is happening. I hope she goes viral big time! Good for her. I am appalled at the way she was treated and I want her to tell the world.

video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/45560639/#45560588

Much Peace...

new topics

top topics

join