It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry's YouTube video "Strong"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I am utterly disgusted to say that I am an American if this man is elected President. Though I will say I will proudly vote Obama (even though I do not agree or like his idea's) for another 4 year term. Sorry if this is a repost but more Americans need to see this monster.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
this has already been posted

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Gay people are allowed in the military because they are humans, prayers are not allowed in schools (apparently) because they are religious, and religion has NO PLACE in the school system, it needs to stay in the church and out of the classroom.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

My sincere apologies.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
People should be allowed to pray to their god, anywhere.

Gays are not just gay at home, religious people are not just religious at church.
edit on 8-12-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Gays are not just gay at home, religious people are not just religious at church.
edit on 8-12-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

People can pray at school. No teacher can lead students in prayer, nor can students lead large bodies (like assemblies or crowds at football games) in prayer, precisely because there is no way of knowing if all of the people in those crowds would support those prayers. Small groups of people who want to pray together would not get in trouble under our judicial system at all.

Of course religious people should be religious in all that they do, or else they are not really religious. They should not be allowed to force others to be that religion or in anyway impose their religion on someone involuntarily, nor should they oppose other people expressing who they really are (ie, gay people entering the military) because of their religion.
edit on 12/8/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

A person CAN pray anywhere and they have the right to. But instituting school prayer means you are forcing those who are either non-religious or who might follow a different faith to pray even if they aren't believers. That's a First Amendment violation, which states that Congress may not pass any law respecting the establishment of a religion.

Likewise, having "under God" in the Pledge and "In God We Trust" on the money is, to me, a violation of the rights of those who do not believe in God or believe in a different God or gods. Worship God or your gods all you want, but don't make me worship him/her/it and don't make me say pledges or use money that has his name on it. To me that's just forcing me to lie.

top topics

join