It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ food bill to make growing food a government privilege rather than a human right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Jeez! Life on this planet is just being made more difficult for all except those at the very top

If we don't like laws of the town, city or county we live in, we can always go live elsewhere. But when the whole planet is turning into an oppressed, law-laden scheizen-hole like it is, we're stuck here. We can do one of two things, take it lying down or stand and resist.

There are more of us than them, so what is it we are scared of?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I keep saying it "The world is going mad". If this ever padded in America I will put bear foot traps all around my-MY-MY property.

We no longer own anything. It all belongs to the government, our food, water, houses, land, etc.
I've been calling it for some time now-wait for it-as people are going to go nuts. Better get a gun.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

That's what I'm saying, these OWS protests are doing absolutely nothing! The people are starting to realize that too. It's all going down hill, and I think it's funny that the most rich people on the planet think this "conversion" of power will make them richer!!!
The ONLY thing that is going to happen is that when we all go nuts, we will go looking for them. There won't be any money, and all they will be able to do is sit inside of their mansions and cry as a million people march toward their mansions looking for them.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

We had come so far, but typically people got distracted.

Why do you think 'Liz praised sports last year? Without sports as a distraction the serfs would have burned her palaces to the ground.

The entire 20th century was nothing more than the 'elite' trying to claw back every gain that had been made. They were pretty successful at it too.

Look at the world, now fast forward 10 years. We've got a useless generation on kids who are starting to have kids themselves...you think we are over regulated now?

Just wait.

The fact is that we as a society have been conditioned to expect everything NOW by a group that makes plans by the century.

As long as people remain distracted our leaders will continue unabated; why wouldn't they? It's not like we can do anything about it. They have engineered this system to be self sustaining...look at the OWS threads here for your proof. For years I have read comment about how something needs to happen and when it finally does people slam it because it wasn't what they would have done.

Anything that challenges someone else's status quo will be violently opposed.

Game, set...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Anyone can grow a crop for themselves, as I'm sure at least 70% of people/families do in New Zealand, but the bill would make it harder on small time operators and people who grow for the intentions of selling and trading their fruit/meat.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I grow my own food.

It is superior to "factory farmed" foods in nutritional content, flavor, absence of additives & chemicals and genetically modified mono-culture.

Any fertilizers we use are from natural sources, fully composted before liquefying and spreading upon garden beds.

All vegetables & fruits are washed before consumption. Most are also cooked or preserved.

Bad food is composted rather than being colored and treated to make it more sale-able.

The idea that home grown foods are somehow a health risk (when compared with factory farmed produce) is preposterous.

I have had occasion to work on large farms in my area and, with the exception of the amount of chemicals, pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, hormones, fertilizers and waste of energy that they use, I see no great difference in "cleanliness" between my "home vegetable garden" and theirs.

I invite such officers who will "enforce" these changes to the law to evaluate my home garden rationally and openly.

Any attempt by officers to "shut down" my home garden will be treated as trespass and will be strenuously opposed.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Unless and outside army came to NZ to enforce this crap, it is toothless and will be ignored. The country is essentially a rural community and they all have guns and a law saying they can't live how they always have up till right now is laughable to them.

The police are the community there and are still incredibly respected because they don't treat the population like other forces do. The police are part of the community and don't even carry guns.

You'd have to invade to stop them growing carrots!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

They dont need an army m8,all they have to do is have the govt pass laws to give Monsanto the distributrion rights for seeds then you have to buy seeds from them as Monsanto crops can only be grown once then you gotta buy more seeds,hence they have control of the food suppy

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

That's true but how can monsanto control heirloom seeds and plants?

They'd be shot at the front gate.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Eventually your going to get cross polination then when monsanto finds out you will get sued for copyright infringement and they will take everything you own,these b*stards are an insidious virus

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Jeez, what a load of bs that is. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the next leap across the Tasman here to Australia.
Like many, I grow my own vegies and fruit as I have a small amount of property. The reasons are numerous, but mainly because I know what goes from ground or tree to plate in my household, and to be honest, it tastes a hell of a lot better than the crud you pay top dollar from a local supermarket, and lasts a lot longer too.
This is just the latest excuse to take away another of our liberties as people and tighten the noose a little more to squeeze that last dollar out of us.
I really do think these little stunts our governments are pulling will ultimately be their demise, people I think are waking up en masse now to their schemes and overall plans to screw us over, won't be long before enough say enough.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I emailed our government here in the UK about these goings on, i mentioned the armed raids on organic farms and the woman that was arrested growing veg in her garden.

This is the reply that i got :

"Dear Gary, responsibility for Codex now rests with the UK Department for Environment and Rural Affairs (Defra) - see link www.defra.gov.uk... .

However, as somebody that knows about Codex and how it works, I can assure you that what you have read is simply not credible. Codex is an intergovernmental organisation and sets standards that aim to protect consumers and facilitate world trade. The idea being that if the 184 member countries agree a food standard then the very same countries should not be able to throw up bogus reasons to restrict trade with another country. They can of course restrict trade is they have valid public health grounds, and Codex would not prevent them doing so. The Codex standards are voluntary, and as such Governments are not mandated to introduce them. The reality is that our current food laws are largely consistent with Codex standards, which is not surprising since our experts have contributed during the development of Codex standards alongside experts from around the world. In some instances our laws may actually go further, e.g. where we have reasons to set a higher level of protection.

In a nutshell, the ridiculous legislation/law enforcement that you mention is not coming to the UK.

I hope the above reassures you.

Mike O'Neill
Head of EU & International Strategy

Food Standards Agency, Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, London W2CB 6NH

www.food.gov.uk
www.eatwell.gov.uk"

I responded by telling him thank you very much for the information and reassurance that the UK won't go this way, but i informed him that these events were credible, they happened, were in the press and security videos show them happening !

I also informed him about the armed raids on Gibson guitars.

I think it was Henry Kissinger who said a couple of years back that, in the future, "we will use food as a weapon".

Maybe 'they' want a revolution, as we all know, intel does double-think very, very well.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52
reply to post by Cassius666

Anyone can grow a crop for themselves, as I'm sure at least 70% of people/families do in New Zealand, but the bill would make it harder on small time operators and people who grow for the intentions of selling and trading their fruit/meat.

Are you from New Zealand? You know this figure for sure, because thats a high figure.
If its true its like I said, a lot of people are growing their own food in New Zealand and its cutting into corporate profits and they sponsored a bill to make growing food illegal. I wonder what job the parliametaries who created this bill will be offered after they leave office. Which member of the Parliament intoduced the bill to begin with? Any information? It would be really interesting to see what he does after his time in parliament is up.
edit on 9-12-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You kiwi's better start fighting for your rights. This is insane, these scumbags won't stop with your food. Eventually it'll be like China and they'll tell you how many kids you can have or how many can live in what house and practice what religion and all that fun stuff.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The moment you with premeditated thought specifically grow something for selling you no longer are operating within your rights. The rights and well being of those who buy your goods comes first. If you choose to grow only for yourself then fine by me. Not sure about the laws thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join