It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX, lies & the wrong videotape: What's NOT happening in Moscow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I used to watch the news all the time especially right before the last election, never FOX, always CNN or MSNBC, I found myself becoming depressed by all the stupid news that was 99% negative and always about terror this and terror that, "ahhhh" damn near tore my hair out, and then I found this site, and other similar sites now if i want to know what is going on in the world, I just get on here and check out what real people have to say about real situations, Im not saying this site is perfect at all, but at least I dont have disinformation and propaganda being shoved down my throat. Mainstream media can suck it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hey, just a quick thing to notice...somewhere in those videos of riots in "Russia" FOX was running througout the day, you can see palm trees. The riot footage was from Greece.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

This has been happening in news often, people cry, people whine, but no one stops watching.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Dear Kali74,

You're starting to become like family. Thanks for the response. So far, the only thing I know is that the sign RT circled is not the sign they claimed it to be. Mistake, or lie, I don't know which.

The palm trees are interesting, but they don't prove Greece, especially since the video starts with a scene of rioting that is labeled "Oakland."

I'm probably missing something, since you are not careless, but I have seen no evidence that RT has any credibility saying the video is from Greece. I've probably overlooked the evidence. Sorry to bother you on such an obvious thing, but if you can get around to it, let me know what I'm missing.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
First of all MSNBC is no better, and neither is CNN

CNN GOP Debate Bias: CNN Caught Red Handed Lying About Ron Paul And GOP Debate Winner
theintelhub.com...

CNN's Nuke Plant Photos Identical for Both Iran and N. Korea!
www.bradblog.com...

And MSNBC lies all the time too, plus the show is FULL of demagogues!

With that said my fav news shows are jugde Napolitano and John Stossel

So it only took 8hrs. &14mins. for you to show up and fulfill the prophecy of "Algernonsmouse," congratulations!

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse
I would like to see a response from all the people that always defend FOX by just saying MSNBC does it too. They have been doing this since the TEA party rallies started and it is like they do not even care if they get caught. MSNBC at least treats it audience like they are smarter than a bus full of monkeys.

I really didn't expect it to take this long, but I knew that one of you FOX news supporters would soon be along to make your pat response of "the other MSM does it too." Is that really the best you can do?

Furthermore, for you to make your typical "they do it too" response, (which indicates some agreement with the assertion that FOX news does indeed deliberately manufacture and spread lies) and then go on to state that your favorite news shows are Napolitano & Stossel is nothing less than laughable. Who do you think Napolitano & Stossel work for anyway?

Here's a clue;

en.wikipedia.org...

Andrew Paolo Napolitano (born June 6, 1950) is a former New Jersey Superior Court Judge and now a political and legal analyst for Fox News Channel. Napolitano started on the channel in 1998, and currently serves as the network's senior judicial analyst, commenting on legal news and trials. He also hosts the talk show Freedom Watch on Fox Business Channel.

en.wikipedia.org...

John F. Stossel (born March 6, 1947) is an American consumer reporter, investigative journalist, author and libertarian columnist. In October 2009 Stossel left his long time home on ABC News to join the Fox Business Channel and Fox News Channel, both owned and operated by News Corp. He hosts a weekly news show entitled Stossel, on Fox Business which debuted December 10, 2009, airing in prime time every Thursday repeating on both Saturdays and Sundays. Stossel also regularly provides signature analysis, appearing on various Fox News shows, including weekly appearances on The O'Reilly Factor, in addition to writing the Fox News Blog, "John Stossel's Take".[2]

You may as well of said, "I like being lie to and that's why I watch Fox news."

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse
I would like to see a response from all the people that always defend FOX by just saying MSNBC does it too.

It's hard to appreciate your response because had you viewed the video, you'd know it wasn't ALL about FOX but about the media in the arses of our government and that the media is clueless as to what's truly going on around the world.

They have been doing this since the TEA party rallies started and it is like they do not even care if they get caught.

Newsflash! They did things long before the Tea Party rallies.

MSNBC at least treats it audience like they are smarter than a bus full of monkeys.

It's obvious you don't understand much about the msm.

edit on 8-12-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

just palm trees should be enough to say that this is not Russia. They dont have palm trees there and in december there is pretty cold - below freezing. So, there's no chance that this was shot in Russia.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I've spent some time looking around and am now convinced that Greek footage was used instead of Russian. My understanding of the Russian situation is that among widespread and credible claims of ballot fraud, thousands of Russians in Moscow protested, and hundreds were arrested.

I'm willing to to believe, unless there is some reason not to, that this was a mistake. I don't see what Fox has to gain by claiming there was a fire in the Moscow riot, when there wasn't.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
About 10 years ago, FOX was a REFRESHING alternative to MSM.

Little by little they stopped differentiating opinion shows with news to the extent it's gotten so bad, the blur is overwhelming. Almost completly unwatchable now.

Except Dennis Miller on Oreilly. I think he's funny and clevor even if I don't agree with all his positions on topics.
At least he's articulate.

At least some of us are smart enought to have seen the transition. It's really gotten bad with the opinionated "journalism".

Sad.

Fox could put Al Roker on announcing a bomb hit L.A., and I would have to switch to another channel to find out the motive for the Report without any bias.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

That refreshing alternative to MSM 10 years ago was their tactic to embrace nationalism and anger immediately following the 9/11 attacks. While other news organizations like MSNBC and CNN were handling it more neutral, FOX went full on nationalist and put red, white and blue in every corner of the screen. They praised the troops constantly ,accused anti-war protestors of being Anti-American... and other news organizations watched as FOX took the lead during the Iraq invasion. This new strong bias toward troops, war and nationalism, and their rise in popularity became known as the FOX effect.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I don't see what Fox has to gain by claiming there was a fire in the Moscow riot, when there wasn't.

Fire means more drama, more drama means more viewers, more viewers means more clicks=more cash

there's a lot of media around the world that present stories like FOX .. it's all about cash ... and people allways love drama =)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I don't think they said they were on Wall St. I'm pretty sure they said they were protesting the injustices done on Wall St. and in Washington. I'll check it out. [EDIT] I see, you did post a vid. Did you watch it? They didn't they were on Wall St.
edit on 8-12-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I screw up all the time haha but, apparently less than FOX!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

rt is correct as i can see but then goes to make the mistake to point to the wrong sign.it looks an exact of the left sign.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Schkeptick

the protesters in Wisconsin were protesting paycuts and had grudge against wall street being given benefits.
So technically RT seems to be right not propaganda as Wisconsin protesters had a grudge against their money being taken to reward the rich while they face austerity.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's how I see it too, both videos are referencing the same workers marches in the spoken text.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
First of all MSNBC is no better, and neither is CNN

Fox "News" has higher ratings than both of those combined, and Fox's bantering bombastic hokum deliberately lies or misrepresents the truth far more often. Politifact's 2009, and 2010 lies of the years got their fame mostly due to air time on Fox "news". Also if you look at the search function for youtube and "Fox news lies" you will find more results than all other national cable news networks combined for "____ news lies".

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

No surprise there.

The MSM have recently geared up their propaganda against the current Russian Regime accusing them of "rigging the votes". No surprise that only the communist party of Russia is the primary opposer of the current ruling party.
edition.cnn.com...

And plus, its funny how the rigged elections of 2000 and 2004 in America were quickly forgotten...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's the silliest bunch of crap I've seen in some time. And from RT too

Even if they mistakenly used the wrong bit of stock footage, so what?

Their just pandering to a specific market the same way the Daily Koss does. Who cares?

All I see is a news source 99 out of 100 people never heard of spewing crap out of jealousy of the top news producer. That Greek bank might actually be in Russia anyway. You can find banks from other countries in most major cities in fact.

It guess the bigots and haters among us need entertainment too. Still sad to see how many there are in this world. Never knew there were so many before they started using the Internet as a primary tool.

Every time I see this lunacy it reminds me of the little kids in grade school playgrounds taunting each other. I guess I should be shocked by how many never mature beyond that in this world. Even news sources it would seem. Negative marketing does not work for long and you would think they would learn that. I wonder if RT is going bankrupt?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
i am from Athens and what can i say!! I know where i live!

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droidinvoid

I don’t harbor any hopes that the FOX people will see this and suddenly change their “errant ways”. But for the viewers – there are no palm trees in the streets of Moscow,

Don't be fooled by their disguise, they do this not out of ignorance, but because they really are not good men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join