It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence of Survival of Consciousness After Death

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by angellicview

Really nice work on the presentation. Star and flag of course.

I am a big believer in the higher realms of human consciousness and I am certain, based on my own experiences that the soul is transported out of the body when you die, and it goes to the astral realms, where mind meets matter so to speak, this is the place that souls who are not currently in a physical form inhabit. When people speak of moving towards the light, this is literally what happens, a light appears, and the soul needs to consciously decide to enter it, upon entering it you are literally transported to the higher realms.

This is a reason that you should not fear death, ever. It is just as natural as life, and once you have experienced what lies beyond you will no longer worry about the petty day to day bickering that seems to engulf us all. Thanks again for the thread, we need to break down these barriers and help people understand the true nature of this physical reality, which is a lot stranger than you could ever imagine.

Thank you! I totally agree with you and appreciate the compliment

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Excellent forum....thank you all so much. It's interesting and very understandable that the scientific community and people in general think that the dying processes may have something to do with '___' being released into our systems at the time of death to make the experience more lucid. I imagine this does happen if one were to die in a peaceful manner......makes good sense. However, I was killed in a traumatic accident and my soul was separated from my body at the moment of impact......my consciousness exploded from my body and traveled almost instantaneously into the cosmos. It was the most beautiful and most terrifying experience I could possibly imagine. Super speeds, overwhelming sensations but at the same time, natural for us. I could see very much the same way as we do now but much, much more brilliantly....nothing was solid but instead luminous and flowing energy......it was absolutely brilliant. There are no thoughts, only intentions. I am positive about the separation of body and spirit because I had to make a strong effort (will-intent) to get back into my body........it was an intense process to experience my soul illuminating my body atom by atom, cell by cell and becoming one with the physical form again. There is no question in my mind that you actually become alive after physical death but it is really a hard concept to communicate as most won't embrace this without experiencing something like this and that is completely understandable. I wouldn't either

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zenmon

Thank YOU

That was an amazing story, I humbly welcome you to ATS, we need more of our persuasion around here.

Fight the fear my friend.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenmon
Excellent forum....thank you all so much. It's interesting and very understandable that the scientific community and people in general think that the dying processes may have something to do with '___' being released into our systems at the time of death to make the experience more lucid. I imagine this does happen if one were to die in a peaceful manner......makes good sense. However, I was killed in a traumatic accident and my soul was separated from my body at the moment of impact......my consciousness exploded from my body and traveled almost instantaneously into the cosmos. It was the most beautiful and most terrifying experience I could possibly imagine. Super speeds, overwhelming sensations but at the same time, natural for us. I could see very much the same way as we do now but much, much more brilliantly....nothing was solid but instead luminous and flowing energy......it was absolutely brilliant. There are no thoughts, only intentions. I am positive about the separation of body and spirit because I had to make a strong effort (will-intent) to get back into my body........it was an intense process to experience my soul illuminating my body atom by atom, cell by cell and becoming one with the physical form again. There is no question in my mind that you actually become alive after physical death but it is really a hard concept to communicate as most won't embrace this without experiencing something like this and that is completely understandable. I wouldn't either

Wow! Thank you so much for relaying your experience for us. I wish I had such an awesome experience.

When I was a child of about 7 or so, I had an extremely high fever. I remember my mother packing my body with ice packs (which is ever so uncomfortable when you have a fever). I found myself floating above the Earth. I remember being aware of another being behind me and to my right. I gazed at our beautiful planet for an unknown amount of time. Suddenly I felt as if I was lonely and wanted to get back to my family! I remember hurling toward the Earth at great speed. A few seconds later, I saw Michigan and I was back in my body. I don't recall having any trouble getting back into it or even the process of that at all. But I know I was gasping for air.

So that's my story. I have no evidence other than my word. But I remember it like it was yesterday. I have no other major memories of my life at that time. I think that's why I wanted to look more into NDE's in the first place. Then when I started reading them, I realized how true they were for me - a glimpse into the afterlife.

Thank you again so much, for sharing your story

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Thank you so much
It's interesting.........the fear was so overwhelming that I couldn't fight it........I reached the point where I recognized the fear was only growing and that I had to embrace it......instantly it subsided......and I mean instantly
I always describe the feeling as finding yourself in the middle of a deep sea, you are out of air and have no idea which way to go to find o2.......sheer panic
But whatever the conscious field that we are a part if is, it quickly nurtures you in these events. I would do anything to experience this again. In fact, right before this accident....I was inclined to go into the seminary.........after this experience, I had no interest in any dogmatic religious perspective but I did feel so lost. Longing to be back in complete spiritual awareness was overwhelming.....and everything in our 3d paradigm seemed so slow and mundane compared to the soul journey. I also had a terrible time as I was seeing "between" dimensions and I say between....because I didn't and still do not completely understand these dimensions. Still happens regularly and it's been 20 plus years ago.......but much good comes of it now
I experience intense psychic episodes where my senses are heightened for weeks and months at a time......I will see the souls of earthly beings that are about to die (usually tragically for some reason) and I've even had souls that have passed interact with me and ask me to do something in particular for their loved ones. These dimensions absolutely exists. I've even had experiences with beings that manifest physically in and out of this dimension at will......which is interesting to me because they are physical.....and not "soulful" like the human being. Thank you again for your very kind words.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

You are so very welcome and thank you so much for sharing yours. I love your story! In fact, I did a great deal of studying the near death experiences of children immediately after mine and it was amazing how accurate and non-dogmatic their perception was. In my opinion, they are great communicators about their experiences in most cases and I truly treasure yours! Thank you for sharing with us.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zenmon

Thank you so much for expanding on your experience. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind me asking. If you'd rather not answer just let me know, k?

I was wondering what you mean by "embracing" your fear? I'm not sure I can get the complete meaning of what you are trying to say there.

Secondly, did you gain any universal knowledge or insight about humanity on Earth or what we are going through at this time in Earthly life?

Also, I guess the next one is not a question but a comment. I bet you are a very experienced soul here to help Earth at this time. 3D tends to not make much sense to those who know there is so much more. Personally, my body feels so debilitated (even though it isn't) and my mind cannot understand why I cannot concentrate on more than one thing at a time. I know you know what I mean. I am not used to this and I am trying to be patient so I can jump on outta here

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zenmon

You are on the path. In ancient egypt they had mystery schools that would instruct the initiates and help them through their process of spiritual evolution. It seems that in this day and age we must do it on our own, but this is the challenge, part of the process.

It sounds to me like you have unlocked some sort of doorway into the higher realms, something that has permanently implanted itself into your psyche. I have also been experiencing similar phenomena, not to the same degree, although things have been getting very interesting. I have dreams that instruct me, sometimes I am told specifically a path to follow, which i do, which betters my understanding of modern shamanic mysticism when you really cut to the core. I have a killer thread coming up about this, so stay tuned.

Again, it is an absolute pleasure to make your ats acquaintance, much love and luck to you in the future, feel free to pm me when you make another thread. Thanks again friend.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
You are so welcome......it's such an honor to talk about these aspects of our consciousness and you can ask any question you like. I will always answer sincerely.

When I refer to embracing the fear: The energy was so intense at the moment and the fear was absolutely overwhelming to the point that I felt like my entire being was going to explode into a billion pieces of light. The only thing I could do was to calm myself because I just couldn't take anymore.......so instead of resisting against the fearful energy, I just merged with it in some way and I was instantly calm. It was at the precise moment that I saw my soul...(because I looked)....it was a translucent blue/white.....I had arms and legs. I remember looking at my hands and listening to the sounds when I moved them past my head........it sounded like a torch
I felt so calm and comfortable again....even though I was floating in the cosmos. I observed so many things from this vantage point......from galaxies and star systems in a symbiotic play with one another......souls, groups of souls are interacting together. In fact, that's how I was pulled back into my body.......I noticed a group of beings in a particular configuration and one of the beings (looked like a star from where I was) was actually my body. I looked past it 2 times and the last time I focused on it, I began to move towards it at the speed of light (for lack of a better phrase).......it was likely the speed of consciousness which I have a feeling is much faster.

I didn't see anything conceptually about the Earth or the consciousness of the planet when I was in pure spirit......however, I do see many things now. I always see every major event that overwhelms the consciousness of the planet before it happens. I always say to my wife that it is like glimpsing into the collective consciousness of the world........... I see like this with little details in my own life which come through more gently and I often see the macro events by experiencing them. It's very interesting how this information comes in as well. Often times it happens when I am in mid conversation with another person.....very, very intensely.......and then other times, when I am quiet consciously......but ALWAYS abruptly for some reason. They also come in very bright flashes of light. Much Love to you
and thank you for listening to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

You are on the path. In ancient egypt they had mystery schools that would instruct the initiates and help them through their process of spiritual evolution. It seems that in this day and age we must do it on our own, but this is the challenge, part of the process.

It sounds to me like you have unlocked some sort of doorway into the higher realms, something that has permanently implanted itself into your psyche. I have also been experiencing similar phenomena, not to the same degree, although things have been getting very interesting. I have dreams that instruct me, sometimes I am told specifically a path to follow, which i do, which betters my understanding of modern shamanic mysticism when you really cut to the core. I have a killer thread coming up about this, so stay tuned.

Again, it is an absolute pleasure to make your ats acquaintance, much love and luck to you in the future, feel free to pm me when you make another thread. Thanks again friend

Thank you friend....so much. I truly appreciate your words. Everyone has the ability to experience in these ways but I don't really see this as a blessing really. I am very grateful for every moment no matter what the experience but I believe that I, humanity, has only begun to unlock the potential of the human spirit. I do know one thing for sure....and I feel it's absolute.....and that is that the energy from the heart (in my opinion the seat of the soul) is so powerful and able to unlock these doorways. The energetic frequency expressed by the heart and mind are much different......the heart being way more clear and far reaching. Science is now starting to recognize this a bit and I believe that once humanity understands that their thoughts and intentions effect and likely determine the nature of our 3d paradigm. Much Love to you!.....can't wait for your upcoming post....staying tuned

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zenmon

Oh absolutely

what comes to mind in reference is the female/male aspects of the psyche, see on one hand you have the left side of the brain (male) that is all about logic, rationality etc, then you have the right (female) which is mostly concerned with things of a creative nature. In our society we focus on the left, the male apect of our psyche is hailed as king. In ancient Egypt it was the other way around, creative people were far more important and revered in society. This relates to what you were saying about the heart, and I totally agree with you. The ultimate goal in my opinion is to achieve unity consciousness, with a fine balance of the duality of consciousness, this is what I feel we are moving towards, as a species.

I have found my personal process incredibly challenging, although currently I am at peace, completely at peace, I feel love, and it is within this state of being that I am able to access the higher realms, I can't really go into it here, although it is profound. During your experience, did you meet any spirits? Receive any instructions?

Again thanks so much for being so sincere, I think I've found a friend...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by overratedpatriotism

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by TupacShakur
It's called '___', an extremely powerful hallucinogen/psychedelic that your brain releases massive amounts of upon death. This would account for reported near death experiences.

Except this isnt true at all.

Dr Rick Strassman, the authority on all things '___', and author of "The Spirt Molecule", has debunked this himself. And i quote:

Quoted from Erowid vault and an interview with Dr Strassman
"I did my best in the '___' book to differentiate between what is known, and what I was conjecturing about (based upon what is known), regarding certain aspects of '___' dynamics. However, it's amazing how ineffective my efforts seem to have been. So many people write me, or write elsewhere, about '___', and the pineal, assuming that the things I conjecture about are true. When I was writing the book, I thought I was clear enough, and repeating myself would have gotten tedious.

"We don't know whether '___' is made in the pineal. I muster a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting a reason to look long and hard at the pineal, but we do not yet know. There are data suggesting urinary '___' rises in psychotic patients when their psychosis is worse. However, we don't know whether '___' rises during dreams, meditation, near-death, death, birth or any other endogenous altered state. To the extent those states resemble those brought on by giving '___', it certainly makes one wonder if endogenous '___' might be involved, and if it were, it would explain a lot. But we don't know yet. Even if the pineal weren't involved, that would have little overall effect on my theories regarding a role for '___' in endogenous altered states, because we do know that the gene involved in '___' synthesis is present in many organs, particularly lung. If the pineal made '___', it would tie up a lot of loose ends regarding this enigmatic little organ. But people seem to live pretty normals lives without a pineal gland; for example, when it has had to be removed because of a tumor.

"In both these regards--the pineal-'___' connection, and endogenous '___' dynamics--we ought to know a lot more within the next several years due to the efforts of a research group being led by Steven Barker at Louisiana State University. He, with his grad student Ethan McIlhenny, are developing a new super-assay for '___', 5-MeO-'___', bufotenine, and metabolites. This assay will be capable of detecting those compounds much more sensitively than previous generations of assays. They're looking at endogenous levels in awake sober normals, to assess baseline values of these compounds. We should have some data from those samples within a year. They also will be looking at pineal tissue. Once we have some baseline data in normal humans in normal waking consciousness, comparisons can be made between those levels and levels in endogenous altered states, like dreams, near-death, and so on."

So yeah. All taken out of context and no proof whatsoever of the amount of '___' available in our bodies being enough to cause any kind of "trip". Nor has it been proven that the penial can produce it at all in the first place.

Thanks for that quote, I will have to look that up later. As much as people talk about '___' people just accepted it as truth. without any solid evidence.

I have evidence although it cannot be scientifically proven, therefore it doesn't exist, and has never. This kind of thinking is backwards, science cannot answer a great deal and while we put our faith in it, many things simply escape us. Scientists are kind of stuck in this sense, in order to be respected you cannot deviate from the norm, if you want to get funding you certainly dont partake in scientifically taboo subjects, this is why we suck, we hold onto outdated beliefs because they fit our THEORY, that is all.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I have evidence although it cannot be scientifically proven, therefore it doesn't exist, and has never. This kind of thinking is backwards, science cannot answer a great deal and while we put our faith in it, many things simply escape us. Scientists are kind of stuck in this sense, in order to be respected you cannot deviate from the norm, if you want to get funding you certainly dont partake in scientifically taboo subjects, this is why we suck, we hold onto outdated beliefs because they fit our THEORY, that is all.

The thing about '___' being created in the pineal gland is. If it is there it has weight, mass, a chemical signature, and can be physically measured and detected.

Which is why

Right up the road from me Steven Barker at L S U was working on an assay for '___', 5-MeO-'___', bufotenine, and metabolites.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zenmon

Thank you so much for expanding on that for me. It sounds like a wonderful experience!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Sir_Slide, when you create your thread, you'll have to grab our attention if we don't notice - PM us!

edit on 9-12-2011 by angellicview because: misspelling

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by overratedpatriotism

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by TupacShakur
It's called '___', an extremely powerful hallucinogen/psychedelic that your brain releases massive amounts of upon death. This would account for reported near death experiences.

Except this isnt true at all.

Dr Rick Strassman, the authority on all things '___', and author of "The Spirt Molecule", has debunked this himself. And i quote:

Quoted from Erowid vault and an interview with Dr Strassman
"I did my best in the '___' book to differentiate between what is known, and what I was conjecturing about (based upon what is known), regarding certain aspects of '___' dynamics. However, it's amazing how ineffective my efforts seem to have been. So many people write me, or write elsewhere, about '___', and the pineal, assuming that the things I conjecture about are true. When I was writing the book, I thought I was clear enough, and repeating myself would have gotten tedious.

"We don't know whether '___' is made in the pineal. I muster a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting a reason to look long and hard at the pineal, but we do not yet know. There are data suggesting urinary '___' rises in psychotic patients when their psychosis is worse. However, we don't know whether '___' rises during dreams, meditation, near-death, death, birth or any other endogenous altered state. To the extent those states resemble those brought on by giving '___', it certainly makes one wonder if endogenous '___' might be involved, and if it were, it would explain a lot. But we don't know yet. Even if the pineal weren't involved, that would have little overall effect on my theories regarding a role for '___' in endogenous altered states, because we do know that the gene involved in '___' synthesis is present in many organs, particularly lung. If the pineal made '___', it would tie up a lot of loose ends regarding this enigmatic little organ. But people seem to live pretty normals lives without a pineal gland; for example, when it has had to be removed because of a tumor.

"In both these regards--the pineal-'___' connection, and endogenous '___' dynamics--we ought to know a lot more within the next several years due to the efforts of a research group being led by Steven Barker at Louisiana State University. He, with his grad student Ethan McIlhenny, are developing a new super-assay for '___', 5-MeO-'___', bufotenine, and metabolites. This assay will be capable of detecting those compounds much more sensitively than previous generations of assays. They're looking at endogenous levels in awake sober normals, to assess baseline values of these compounds. We should have some data from those samples within a year. They also will be looking at pineal tissue. Once we have some baseline data in normal humans in normal waking consciousness, comparisons can be made between those levels and levels in endogenous altered states, like dreams, near-death, and so on."

So yeah. All taken out of context and no proof whatsoever of the amount of '___' available in our bodies being enough to cause any kind of "trip". Nor has it been proven that the penial can produce it at all in the first place.

Thanks for that quote, I will have to look that up later. As much as people talk about '___' people just accepted it as truth. without any solid evidence.

Not sure what your getting at with this post, but someone misrepresented Dr Rick Strassmans work. Dr Strassman is so sick of the misrepresentation of his life work he is going out of his way to actively debunk what is being said.

Say what you want about scientific process and it not being perfect, but reading things into studies done by the leading world expert on '___' in the body gets us nowhere.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted so far, but this is one of the best cases of NDE I’ve seen. The women in the video experiences full memory recall, of objects, and discussions taking place, while she was in a brain dead state. I don’t think '___' can account for this particular case.

- JC

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

This may remind us of who we are.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

Not sure if this has been posted so far, but this is one of the best cases of NDE I’ve seen. The women in the video experiences full memory recall, of objects, and discussions taking place, while she was in a brain dead state. I don’t think '___' can account for this particular case.

- JC

Yes! In fact, this story is included in the OP. Although, it is the written version. I really enjoyed watching the video - thank you for posting it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Hi,

It is a wonderful post and I enjoyed a lot. I do have interest in this subject. The links you have provided is very useful. Every one thinks that we have soul but they are not think that we are the soul. They need to know one thing that understand yourself first and you will understand around you. If you son;t understand youself then it is like a blindfolded man is seraching something in the dark.

Thanks for you wonderful post.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join