It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence of Survival of Consciousness After Death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Clearly there's no getting through to you guys, but really, just think about it for a second. When people die, they report having strange visions and seeing interesting things. When people die, their brain releases a chemical that causes hallucinations. This isn't rocket science.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
NDE's cannot be explained by merely brain chemistry alone.

If NDEs are merely hallucinations, why do the vast majority of experiencers report being told an identical and unusual message? NDEs often include a phenomenon of the experiencer being told by a supernatural entity that, "Your mission on Earth is not finished. You must go back" or some slight variation of this. Assuming that NDEs are merely hallucinations, it is odd that people are having mass hallucinations of receiving similar unusual messages. Concerning these common elements found in NDE reports, Dr. Jeff Long states: "NDEs are quite varied, but the consistency of the NDE elements (OBE experience, tunnel, light, meeting other beings, etc.) is striking. There is no plausible biological explanation of NDEs. There is no other human experience so dramatic, shared by so many people, and so relatively consistent in its elements. The preceding suggests faith in the validity of NDE accounts is the most reasonable conclusion from the evidence."

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Ive found the subject of NDE's interesting, but have never really gotten in-depth into the subject. I have heard that '___' may be a cause of the visions, but I have one question about that.

If you are dead, then how can you percieve hallucinations? How can the brain remember what happened while you are dead, if it is dead?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Look into some stories of '___' trips. Some people describe encountering God and he tells them the meaning of life and stuff like that.

link   

No, I don't think I am. But if I am, I apologize. Did you follow any of the links? Did you read on it before saying that?

Yes, I have read a lot about NDE's. In fact, I have read some of those exact pages you linked. I am not coming at this from an ill informed point of view.

There have been thousands upon thousands of reported NDE's and there are people who study them.

There have. There have also been thousands and thousands of Big Foot sightings. And there are people who study them. And yet not one specimen or verifiable evidence to confirm his existence. This is a logical fallacy and basing your belief in something off of it is desperate at best.

They also do some experiments.

And yet, you wont find NDE's presented as fact inside a textbook.
edit on 7-12-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

link   
S&F Whoa did you read the NDE and the future page?
About midway to the bottom it gets real scary. Expecially reading a recent threads on ATS about economic collaspe and the whole Iran fiasco, natural diisaters, ect...
edit on 7-12-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
Clearly there's no getting through to you guys, but really, just think about it for a second. When people die, they report having strange visions and seeing interesting things. When people die, their brain releases a chemical that causes hallucinations. This isn't rocket science.

Look, after this last comment, I'm done arguing with you. You probably have not actually read any of the information I've presented here. It IS scientific EVIDENCE.

Ask one person - just one - who have had an NDE, and they will tell you how incredibly life-changing it was for them, and how real it was for them. They will tell you how it changed their whole entire life.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
S&F Whoa did you read the NDE and the future page?
About midway to the bottom it gets real scary. Expecially reading a recent threads on ATS about economic collaspe and the whole Iran fiasco.

Yes, I have! It does look scary. But closer to the bottom of the page you'll see that it gets much much better

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yea I am still reading and bookmarking this knowlenge. Thanks again and great post!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Ive found the subject of NDE's interesting, but have never really gotten in-depth into the subject. I have heard that '___' may be a cause of the visions, but I have one question about that.

If you are dead, then how can you percieve hallucinations? How can the brain remember what happened while you are dead, if it is dead?

You can't. Like the part of the OP that tells about a woman who was reading zero brain waves. Thanks for pointing out that connection.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

No, I don't think I am. But if I am, I apologize. Did you follow any of the links? Did you read on it before saying that?

Yes, I have read a lot about NDE's. In fact, I have read those some of those exact pages you linked. I am not coming at this from an ill informed point of view.

There have been thousands upon thousands of reported NDE's and there are people who study them.

There have. There have also been thousands and thousands of Big Foot sightings. And there are people who study them. And yet not one specimen or verifiable evidence to confirm his existence. This is a logical fallacy and basing your belief in something off of it is desperate at best.

They also do some experiments.

And yet, you wont find NDE's presented as fact inside a textbook.

No. At this point it would not be found in a textbook. But someday it will.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
NDE's cannot be explained by merely brain chemistry alone.

"near-death.com" is not a valid scientific source.

Edit: Any website that cites itself as a source is clearly not a valid source of information. You're rather stupid if you didn't realize that.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If NDEs are merely hallucinations, why do the vast majority of experiencers report being told an identical and unusual message?

I'm sorry, but that is simply not true. They are never identical and sometimes they vary so widely that it can only be classified as a different experience all together

NDEs often include a phenomenon of the experiencer being told by a supernatural entity that, "Your mission on Earth is not finished. You must go back" or some slight variation of this.

Or completely different. You didn't mention that....

Concerning these common elements found in NDE reports, Dr. Jeff Long states: "NDEs are quite varied, but the consistency of the NDE elements (OBE experience, tunnel, light, meeting other beings, etc.) is striking. There is no plausible biological explanation of NDEs. There is no other human experience so dramatic, shared by so many people, and so relatively consistent in its elements. The preceding suggests faith in the validity of NDE accounts is the most reasonable conclusion from the evidence.

No, just cause people have similar hallucinations does not mean that those things are real. Its likely a result of culture or up bringing or faith having an effect on the mind to induce similar hallucinations. Bring me an African tribesman who has never heard of things like god or heaven and we can ask him what his NDE is.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I wonder what the reason is for these hallucinations..... Is there any evolutionary/biological explanation? I don't think this is as straightforward as you'd like to believe, but it's typical coming from people who reject metaphysical phenomena. I'd like to think of the body as some form of [computer] hardware, consciousnesses is an indestructible program floating around the digital [internet] realm looking to embody itself. Of course those terms are only analogous , but perfectly reasonable notion --- whether you use the term quantum or not --- whether you only recognize pure empirical science or think philosophically as an extension of that thirst for knowledge.

Death is a mysterious thing for a reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
What about all the OBE testimonies? I have some as well, but my body wasn't dead and my brain wasn't releasing a death's amount worth of '___'.
Like UFO witness testimonies, there are too many to blow off without a shadow of a doubt.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

No. At this point it would not be found in a textbook. But someday it will.

Well, until then you have no leg to stand on in making a case for their existence.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wow Dannion Brinkley's major prophetic visions are very much spot on expcially the scientific discovery to alter DNA and create a biological virus that will be used in the manufacture of computer chips.This just happened quite recently.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

That's a good question. I would guess the body becomes incredibly stressed out when a person is about to die, so maybe the release of this chemical sort of combats that. Just a theory.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

In many cases the brain is reported to be completely inactive. For a chemical response to occurr wouldn't there need to be some activity? Absolutly false and closed minded answer.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

Originally posted by buni11687

You can't. Like the part of the OP that tells about a woman who was reading zero brain waves. Thanks for pointing out that connection.

What!? The brain doesn't stop sending signals for a while after the body dies. You are claiming to present fact but you dont know that??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join