It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Evidence of Survival of Consciousness After Death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Many people ask these questions:

*Is there life after death?

*Is Heaven or Hell real?

*Do we have a soul or spirit?

There is some scientific evidence that advocates for the soul's survival after death. This evidence comes in the form of Near Death Experiences (or NDE's for short). Some people question the validity of the NDE. So today I would like to present you with some considerations.

NDE's occur while patients are Brain Dead

Pam heard and reported later what the nurses in the operating room had said and exactly what was happening during the operation. At this time, every monitor attached to Pam's body registered "no life" whatsoever. At some point, Pam's consciousness floated out of the operating room and traveled down a tunnel which had a light at the end of it where her deceased relatives and friends were waiting including her long-dead grandmother. Pam's NDE ended when her deceased uncle led her back to her body for her to reentered it. Pam compared the feeling of reentering her dead body to "plunging into a pool of ice."

People born blind can see during an NDE

Vicki was born blind, her optic nerve having been completely destroyed at birth because of an excess of oxygen she received in the incubator. Yet, she appears to have been able to see during her NDE. Her story is a particularly clear instance of how NDEs of the congenitally blind can unfold in precisely the same way as do those of sighted persons. As you will see, apart from the fact that Vicki was not able to discern color during her experience, the account of her NDE is absolutely indistinguishable from those with intact visual systems.

Scientific Discoveries are brought back

Dr. PMH Atwater responds to the argument that experiencers do not bring back anything useful: DR. PMH ATWATER: Not true! A fellow in, I believe it was Sweden, went on to copyright over a hundred inventions that have made a significant difference in society. Mellen-Thomas Benedict invented a glasscutter that alleviates much hand fatigue in accordance to directions he received in his experience. In fact, Mellen-Thomas participated in a number of medical research projects, and because of the information he gave the researchers, they were able to advance their work significantly. He is now doing DNA research and working on instruments that can help physicians use certain frequencies of light in healing. These are just a few of many.

NDE's correspond to the "quirky" principals found in Quantum Physics

Aspects of quantum physics which supports NDE concepts include the properties of light, a multi-dimensional reality, zero point, quantum interconnectivity, quantum consciousness, quantum synchronicity, space and time interconnectivity, time travel, teleportation, non-locality, singularities and the concept of subjectivity.

People have been clinically dead for several days and report the most profound NDE's.

Rev. George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure. Prior to his NDE he worked as a neuropathologist. He was also an avowed atheist. Yet after the experience, he devoted himself exclusively to the study of spirituality, taking a second doctorate in the psychology of religion.

NDE's have often produced visions of the future which later prove to be true. There is a very extensive and very interesting page on this.

Many people were given visions of the future during their near-death experience. Generally, these visions foretell a future of catastrophic natural disasters and social upheaval followed by a new era of peace and have actually already come to pass. Some of them did not happen as foretold. Many of these apocalyptic visions are to happen within the next few decades. Remarkably, these visions agree with prophecies of the Bible, Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, and the Virgin Mary visitations of Fatima, Garabandal, and Medjugorje.

A group of people can share the same NDE

These are rare, but they do occur. With this kind, a whole group of people simultaneously seems to experience the same or similar episode. What makes these so spectacular and challenging is that all or most of the experiencers see each other actually leave their bodies as it happens, then dialogue with each other and share messages and observations while still experiencing the near-death state. Their separate reports afterward either match or nearly so. Reports like these emerge most often from events of a harrowing nature that involve a lot of people.

There is so much more, but I'm going to leave it at that for now. Feel free to click any of the links to learn more

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by angellicview

Very nice.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If you like this one, please check out my last thread:

What the NDE says about Religion

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Your misusing the word "scientific". If NDE's were scientific you could repeatably test them. They are nothing more than personal experiences that science can not verify.

Following your logic, a man could claim to talk to Zeus and this would be scientific evidence of the Greeks gods.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
well done, I think NDE's will become more accepted by science in the future. The sheer number of comparible NDE's is overwhelming. "the burden of proof" by Deepak Chopra is one of the best books I've read about this subject.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Samuelis because: spelling and grammer

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Interesting...

Maybe you angel guys should make a guild or something...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Your misusing the word "scientific". If NDE's were scientific you could repeatably test them. They are nothing more than personal experiences that science can not verify.

Following your logic, a man could claim to talk to Zeus and this would be scientific evidence of the Greeks gods.

No, I don't think I am. But if I am, I apologize. Did you follow any of the links? Did you read on it before saying that?

Don't worry, it may not be your cup of tea, and that's fine. There have been thousands upon thousands of reported NDE's and there are people who study them. They also do some experiments. It's all in the links.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's called '___', an extremely powerful hallucinogen/psychedelic that your brain releases massive amounts of upon death. This would account for reported near death experiences.

The scientific evidence shows that when your brain shuts off, your body stops functioning. You stop thinking, you stop perceiving your surroundings-- you're just dead. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Could there be more to it than that? Sure, but from a scientific standpoint, you just trip balls on '___' and die.
edit on 7-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
- "Near Death Experiences"
- Science

Pick one.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
It's called '___', an extremely powerful hallucinogen/psychedelic that your brain releases massive amounts of upon death. This would account for reported near death experiences.

The scientific evidence shows that when your brain shuts off, your body stops functioning. You stop thinking, you stop perceiving your surroundings-- you're just dead. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Could there be more to it than that? Sure, but from a scientific standpoint, you just trip balls on '___' and die.

I respectfully disagree. That's not what the research shows.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

How can you disagree with that? It's a hallucinogen, meaning that it would produce hallucinations, meaning that if people would end up not dying, they would report having visions or whatever. That explains it pretty accurately.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
- "Near Death Experiences"
- Science

Pick one.

You would have to read the OP and click the links to see where the scientific evidence is.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
well done, I think NDE's will become more accepted by science in the future. The sheer number of comparible NDE's is overwhelming. "the burden of proof" by Deepak Chopra is one of the best books I've read about this subject.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Samuelis because: spelling and grammer

Thank you! I totally agree. It really is a look into the "other side".

I haven't read that book, but it sounds right up my alley.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

How can you disagree with that? It's a hallucinogen, meaning that it would produce hallucinations, meaning that if people would end up not dying, they would report having visions or whatever. That explains it pretty accurately.

What's to disagree with? Such a weak arguement.

A chemical reaction in the brain in no way explains or debunks NDE's. Everything is a chemical reaction. How do countless people experience the same "experience"? Wouldn't a hallucination be more random and disorderly?
edit on 7-12-2011 by Samuelis because: spelling

link   

Well, one of the (many) things that proves that untrue is included in the OP. It is the "Group NDE". I have seen it a few times in my research.

link   
That's testimonial evidence not scientific evidence.
Science has to change it's "facts" as time passes so I really wouldn't rely on science for answers pertaining to the afterlife.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
You would have to read the OP and click the links to see where the scientific evidence is.

Again,

- NDE's
- Science

Pick one.

Doped up witness testimonies are not science.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by angellicview

Again,

- NDE's
- Science

Pick one.

Doped up witness testimonies are not science.

What I have posted here is not "Doped up witness testimonies". Again, if you are not going to look at it like an adult, then don't try to post something mature. It's not working.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

How do countless people experience the same "experience"? Wouldn't a hallucination be more random and disorderly?
People react differently to drugs, but sometimes they have similar experiences. Ask any person who's used hallucinogens more than a couple of times, and they'll probably describe a person they're with having an eeriely similar experience. I can think of three people who have told me that off the top of my head, it's not very uncommon.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Excellent thread. I remember reading the other day about one of Australia's best boxers, who Over dosed on Heroin, nearly died, and was put on life support for a week while crucial organs were switching off and on. He eventually came around the other day, saying that when he was out, all he remembered was being on a type of bus going down the Australian east coast at night. He explained it as really freaky and unnatural aswell

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join