It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica Move European Tour Forward To 2013 Over Euro Currency Fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Metallica Move European Tour Forward To 2013 Over Euro Currency Fears

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk

American rock band Metallica have moved a European tour forward from 2013 to 2012 on fears that a eurozone collapse could affect the value of ticket sales.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Cliff Burnstein, who manages the band with Conservative MP Louise Mensch's husband Peter Mensch, told the Wall Street Journal that with the euro likely to fall in value it makes sense to bring the shows forward.

That's right guys fill ya boots , Radiohead play a London bank
basement for the occupy London guys for free and good ole Metallica check the stocks and shares , granted it will be there money people who do all this BUT in the economic climate we are in , the PR machine could turn against Lars and co , grab the dollars while you can guys BTW the UK started the genre stick to Zepplin and Sabbath , hang on, bloody Sabbath are reforming for the money aarrrggghhhhh. No heroes left , not regarding money anyway LOL.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
metallica hasn't made a good record in years and years. anybody who pays to see these hucksters deserves what they get.

cheers, op, for contrasting the way radiohead is going about their business nowadays with metallica's prioritizing of money. can you imagine lars ulrich ever allowing fans to 'pay what they want' for a metallica album?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Just because they want their tour to be profitable doesn't mean they are "bad." It takes a lot of cash to move all of their equipment across the Atlantic and then across Europe. I'm sorry, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to make a little money while doing it.
I can't understand why everyone is always hating on Metallica. And when did it start? As soon as they became commercially successful.
It's NOT wrong to want to make money.
And OP....your Unforgiven too....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Good old Mehtallica putting profits before their fans. Instead of waiting for the economy to improve they could always just lower their ticket prices. If only those Bay Area teenagers could see what they would become. Of course nothing tops their hypocrisy with Napster considering the entire reason they exist is thanks to tape trading.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Technically the hate against Metallica started when they kicked Dave out of the band and then stole his riffs without giving him credit.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

did you see 'some kind of monster'? metallica is about as connected to the people as the american gov't and are about as authentic as pizza hut pizza. these are rich people who wouldn't make the trip if they weren't making millions.
ffs, don't you remember lars crying about having to sell his priceless works of art? poor guy.
i loved 'ride the lightning' so much that i bought 'master of puppets' the day it came out. those were hungry kids making those albums, full of inspiration.
metallica today is a controlled, contrived process. they have waaaay more money than god and to top it off they want every last dime that they can get and the fans can go to hell.
that's why i hate metallica, anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

exactly!!!! listen to 'the four horseman' on 'kill 'em all' and then listen to 'mechanix' on 'killing is my business ...'!!! same song! i do prefer the early metallica stuff to the megadeth stuff, tho.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
metallica rock

whats next someone tells angus to stop wearing his school uniform?
u people are nuts.
radiohead play a gig to 100 people secretly
oh so arty!
it must be worthwhile

so what if they want to make money its got nothing to do with selling out
they already did sell out thats why they tour... we love them. they sold ... out... of ... copies of their cds....
they made more and we want to see them..
they pushed forward a tour so we can see them..

im pretty sure they know they could make more money by bringing out some best of cd instead of touring.
conspiracies everywhere

get some metal up ya a$$

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicTrigger

metallica today is a controlled, contrived process. they have waaaay more money than god and to top it off they want every last dime that they can get and the fans can go to hell.
that's why i hate metallica, anyway.

You want Metallica to give us something for free?
Would that lessen the pain and your hate some?

Then GO HERE. Here are 23 full length concerts and another partial that are absolutely FREE. Listen on your own. Share with your friends. Here's the setlist of one from just before Cliff died:

1. Master Of Puppets
2. For Whom The Bell Tolls
3. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
4. Ride The Lightning
5. Cliff Solo
6. Whiplash
7. The Thing That Should Not Be
8. Fade to Black
9. Seek & Destroy
10. Creeping Death
11. The Four Horsemen
12. Kirk Solo
13. Damage, Inc.
14. Fight Fire With Fire

And there are 22 other shows here too that are FREE.
I agree Lars is an ass. We all know Het and Cliff were about to kick Lars out of the band. And I wish they had gotten it done.
But don't hate them because they are successful. Yeah...they were out of touch on Monster. But not just with their fans...with THEMSELVES too. They lost Jason. James went into rehab. But they came back with a vengeance. You can't fault someone for wanting to make money. Especially when they have the creative energy, talent and drive that Metallica does. And I don't fault them for wanting people to actually BUY their works too. But it;s always Metallica.

You never see any hate against Don Henley. But I tell you what.....go post a video of copyrighted material that's Metallica's on the internet somewhere...and then go post something of the Eagles...and see which comes down first. Yeah..they wanna sell their material...but they aren't near as anal as some are about video's and bootlegs.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The reason there is so much hate against Metallica is due to their sheer hypocrisy. I have no problem with a band trying to make money, but when your band's initial success was entirely dependent on the 1980s version of internet piracy only to become the poster children of anti-piracy sentiments it shows you've lost touch with your roots. Not to mention how ridiculous their ticket prices are. Say what you will about Dave Mustaine's personality, but Megadeth's ticket prices have always been affordable. Take for instance the first Gigantour. I got to see a bunch of great bands and even do some meet & greets and I think I only paid $40. Whereas a Metallica show where the opener is whatever mediocre alt-rock/post-grunge band that's the flavor of the week will cost you upwards of $100. They don't even give anything back to the genre that made them famous. Look at any of the other big name metal bands when they go on tour. They all will bring younger, underground metal bands with them as support acts. Metallica on the other hand brings bands that could probably headline their own tour, but you won't even remember in five years.

join