It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: John Bolton will be my secretary of state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Courting conservatives in a closed-door meeting Wednesday, Republican presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich said he would ask former U.N. Ambassador John R. Bolton to be his secretary of state should he win the White House.

Hours later he repeated that vow publicly to the Republican Jewish Coalition, winning a round of applause. “If he accepts it, I will ask John Bolton to be secretary of state,” said the former House speaker, who national polls show has vaulted to the top of the Republican presidential field.

www.washingtontimes.com...

War monger Bolton for SoS?.....

Call me an ignorant Canadian but isn't it ILLEGAL for a possible nominee to make such appointments prior to getting the nomination?

Edit:

Title 18, Chapter 29, Part I, Section 599 - U.S. Code:

Whoever, being a candidate, directly or indirectly promises or pledges the appointment, or the use of his influence or support for the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
edit on 7-12-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

And I thought the prospect of a Gingrich administration could not get any more repulsive.

How wrong I was. Bolton is an abhorrent human being. God/Allah/Buddha/Science help us all if the Newt slithers his way in to office.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Oh no, Gingrich is going to jail.

boo hoo.
(I'm not really sad about it)
(And he probably won't go to jail)
edit on 7-12-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It's much worse than that. In this thread, I break down the foreign policy advisors of each Republican candidate and explain which ones I believe are corrupt. Not suprisingly, all of the politicians who I think are corrupt have selected foreign policy advisers who also reek of corruption.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This statement actually makes Newt a better pill to swallow IF he should stand alone as my choice to Obama. I hope not... Oh please let that not be what it comes to...BUT, if Newt does come out on top, I'd love to see Bolton as Sec State. He matches my conservative, America-First attitude in general terms but there is something FAR more important.

I've watched and listened to Bolton repeatedly take stands which were very negative to him personally in political capital and backlash in that direction, yet for the benefit of America in one way or another. We NEED a President that feels that way...but failing that, the next BEST position for that attitude to rule the roost would be the State Department.

We've given away the farm in Free Trade Agreements and total indifference to the interests of our own nation or the harm is may do our country in HELPING make some things happen. and again...Bush/Obama are both guilty as sin for doing it.

I'll vote for a Democrat too if one comes along that says what they mean, actually MEANS what they say vs. a political talking point to be redefined or just forgotten if it falls flat and I agree with at least half or more of what they're about. The agreement problem isn't necessarily one. I learned that to my surprise, living in an Occupy camp. However, finding a politician that meets the most important criteria in any party is almost like hunting for Unicorns.

How about Ron Paul with Bolton as his Sec State? Now that could really give Ron Paul a kick in recognition among the public and support from those right of center, just by saying it. Too bad he didn't come up with this first.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

And I thought the prospect of a Gingrich administration could not get any more repulsive.

How wrong I was. Bolton is an abhorrent human being. God/Allah/Buddha/Science help us all if the Newt slithers his way in to office.

Amen!

Only 2 per cent of the US population and look how they are kissed up to....
"...repulsive" is right!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Great...another reason NOT to vote for that crook. He's a bought sock puppet, and him saying he would work wtih the very guy who helped push for that nonsense "weapons of mass distruction" thing making his defense lobbyist friends billions in the process while costing the US taxpayer TRILLIONS in the process.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
He is bound to win with a name like NEWT,

A newt is an aquatic amphibian of the family Salamandridae, although not all aquatic salamanders are considered newts. Newts are classified in the subfamily Pleurodelinae of the family Salamandridae, and are found in North America, Europe and Asia. Newts metamorphose through three distinct developmental life stages: aquatic larva, terrestrial juvenile (called an eft[1]), and adult. Adult newts have lizard-like bodies and may be either fully aquatic, living permanently in the water, or semi-aquatic, living terrestrially but returning to the water each year to breed.

ARRGGGHHHHHHHHH he is of the lizard family, he be one of them child eating Illuminati get your gun we got work to do

The only thing left for people to do is [ A MASS NO VOTE ] simple as that , don't vote , not rocket science , if enough people wake up to the fact that there vote counts for nothing , history has proved this .
If we all had to pay to cast a vote in a general election / presidential race , I would understand the pause in thought ,
we don't , they want you to vote , because that is the protocol , then they weave the magic and behold the candidate of there choice wins.

What the hell would governments across the globe do if there was a groundswell of no votes in any upcoming major situation , I am not mad or crazy in the head regarding this , what else have the little people got to loose apart from there freedom , that is fast going down the pan as we speak anyway.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So I should just go ahead and congratulate Obama now huh?
I do not even understand how Newt is in this race. He has a well known history in Washington and it is not good. Last time everyone whined we did not know enough, we know more than we need to about Newt. How the hell is this happening? Then he goes and says things like this and child labor and etc.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
[ Sarah Palin was planted ] , Apologies if this link has been on ATS before, still in keeping with the posts above regarding the race to the white house .

I filter BS as I go .........but this has more questions than answers,

palinsdirtylittlesecret.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Great, the ONLY US politician who I would see go on BBC News (or any UK news for that matter) and BOTH he and the interviewer would have a "I'm gonna f*k you up" mood by the end. Thought it was bad enough him getting the UN gig ffs

top topics

join