It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Doomsday by end of Month? Weiss Ratings thinks so!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yes, America is still the richest country in the world, but that fact has enabled its leaders to take the greatest and most dangerous risks in the world.

So folks, we can never have too many doomsday threads.

This guy has been correct many times. His agency was the first to downgrade the US Credit Rating. He sources his material very well. He offers free advice, a couple of free books, and eventually a subscription to his newsletter, but the video is still exceptional and definitely worth watching!

Here are some excerpts:

First, they spend all they have.
Second, they borrow all they can from their citizens.
Third, they borrow still more from foreign powers and banks.

The United States is in Greater danger than Brazil, Russia, Greece, or Spain have ever been.

Consider the high-risk gambles that super-investor Warren Buffet calls, 'Financial Weapons of Mass Destruction.. . . derivatives.'"

When you add in debts incurred by government take overs, Social Security and Military benefits, and total government liabilities, the government is in debt over $120 Trillion!!

In 1 year, butter has soared more than 22%, gasoline 35%, and coffee 42%.

An ATSer in the business of food commodities says, Just a Heads up, Food prices will skyrocket.

Another ATSer compiled all the pertinent news from late 2010 and early 2011 to give a similar warning, and that was before the devastating Floods, Droughts, Nuke Disaster and Storms of 2011!!!

We are now staring down the barrel of a huge double-dip recession. Housing prices have fallen 31%. That is below the worst levels during 2008-09, and that is after the Trillions spent on bailouts and stimulus, and that is especially scary this time around, because the government isn't planning any additional bailouts or stimulus. The government has no choice but to take money out of the economy with budget cuts and as the tax revenues fall due to the economy, the government must cut more.

So, what does Weiss think is the moment that this all falls apart, and the dominoes all fall into place?

Weiss says it is that moment that the last investor willing to loan money to the government calls it quits.

It's when the government can no longer borrow and simply runs out of money.

In 2008, virtually ALL of our major banks were pushed to the brink of failure. The entire country was within hours of a fatal collapse

10 former Whitehouse advisors say the current situation could cause a collapse that would "DWARF the last one!"

Several Senators, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a Rear Admiral, and even Ron Paul have all said this is a "financial armageddon," "the biggest threat to our National Security," "a threat to our county's survival," and other alarmist views, and these guys are not extremists! These are just the facts!

www.crisis12.com

Another OUTSTANDING ATS thread from 2010.

We're in bad shape folks, and I know this isn't new news to ATS, but it is new news to the MSM, and they are starting to get more and more bold in their reporting on the issue. The video above calls out some huge banks like Bank of America, and assertively suggests that people remove all of their money from these big banks, and also that people build an "impenetrable wall of privacy" around their finances, because the government will be coming to get those assets as well!

It is getting scary fast now, and we need to be prepared.
edit on 7-12-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great find! Excellent post! Looks like it is time to buy more bullets and start building my fortified shelter under my house with a nice access point from inside the house that will remain hidden. Will make a nice storm shelter too.

Yep, guns(actually bullets, already got my guns. lol. Guns aren't much good without bullets), gold, and food. Guns for protection, gold as a good investment that will be good either way, and food so we don't all starve. Better get your head in the game, the 9th inning is starting!
edit on 7-12-2011 by memarf1 because: Bullets not guns

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

Bottom of the Ninth, and we are BEHIND!

Visit the Survival forum. Bug Out Bags (BOB), Everyday Carry Bags (EDC), and good stuff like paracord, fishing line, tobacco, water purifiers, plain condoms to use as water bladders or tourniquets. The survival forum has it all.

I've got a surgical kit, a snakebite kit, syringes, knives, fire starters, compas, and more in my little BOB, and mine is puny compared to some of the ones on ATS.

As if the economic outlook wasn't bad enough, a thread just popped up saying Glenn Beck might be running for President. That would zap all Ron Paul's energy and momentum and ensure a Romney or Gingrich nomination. What a dam disaster.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wow, that is all we need. A president that will cry every time he gets together with other world leaders like Putin. Putin is sure to slap that idiot. What an international incident that would be. Probably would go a little like this:

Beck Cries.
Putin Slaps the snot out of him causing him to cry more.
International community sort of quinces a little but then kind of ignores while the US media goes nuts.
Brits come out in favor of the slap stating that they wanted to but it simply wasn't polite but they are glad Putin did it.
America gets weaker.

Sheesh. That would be worse than the incident when Obama bowed before the Saudi royalty.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

All we need is a spark for the disaster to take hold, and if the entire country lost hope in the political process and stopped paying attention and realized the whole thing is a sham, then what would that do to the economy?

The economic collapse that is supposedly imminent could start at any moment.

You ever heard of "super-heated" water that explodes into a boil all simultaneously and causes severe injury?
Or how about "super-cooled" water that freezes on contact and brings down planes?

The country is in that mode. We are way beyond our natural capacity for crap-taking, and something that upsets the calm will certainly cause serious catastrophe. Beck is as good a fall guy as any I suppose.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Although many including myself agree with your post, more will not believe anything and call it fear mongering, sensationalism and propaganda of sorts.

To those people I will say "Stay away from my bunker. You had warnings like the rest of us but you were either too damn stupid, arrogant or naive to do anything about it".

I'm ready...

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

To those people I will say "Stay away from my bunker. You had warnings like the rest of us but you were either too damn stupid, arrogant or naive to do anything about it".

Yep. I figure I'll hunker down for the first week or two of anything outrageous and let all the idiots battle each other, and then I'll go out and forage up the resources left behind.

I'm ready...

Me too, and that's all any of us can do for now.

Peace

I'll pray with you for it, but I'll be preparing for exactly the opposite.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'm glad you guys are taking this seriously. I think there are some people on ATS that have the facts at their finger tips and aren't prepared at all. They think they might tough it out, well when this happenens it's going to be survival of the most prepared. Just think of everything we took for granted and now turn it upside down. The panic would be indescribable and worse unpredictable, even to those who are prepared. Just imagine those people who will be absolutely surprised.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I really wonder if this financial situation is really just an attack on the dollar in order to move us from the dollar to the Amero. The Amero would be a fundamental shift, and it has been about 30 years since our last fundamental shift. Plus, it took the EU roughly 50 years to finally shift to the Euro, perhaps TPTB are trying to rush things along. It is pretty obvious Americans are impatient and like to take the "Rip off the bandaid" approach. Not to mention that if this is the case, TPTB also love keeping plans like these secret from us. It would likely be better if they would just tell us the goals and let us have a good healthy debate about it. That would at least provide the impression of a voice in the decision. We all know that the perception of personal power is an important aspect in American culture. LOL.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well Obama did have a long talk with Canada's PM today at the White House. So who knows?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Don't focus on the pitch, focus on the content that he starts with. Even sales pitches can have important and pertinent information that is timely and useful.

reply to post by Ahabstar

I hope that's not the plan. Crashing the dollar, or any currency for that matter, on purpose, is a bad strategy to achieve goals that are not aligned with sovereignty. Such an act would constitute treason and if done by our president would be very disturbing. Also, what motive would a president have in promoting the reduction of US sovereignty? Don't most narcissists want more power, not less?
edit on 7-12-2011 by memarf1 because: adding a little more response.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

lol OKE DOKE! But yes there is definately something bad brewing with our goverment.
Do we really beleive this might actually happen before the new year.
I have read posts about impending war and fema camps and such. Is this really were we are heading?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Beleive me, I have a BOB too but what in the HELL is a BOB going to do for you when the economy crashes?
It is a bug out bag for christs sake!!!

Unless you have several years worth of food and a house inside of that bag it aint gonna take you as far as you think.

And where is it that everyone is bugging out to anyway??
Forget a "bag",How about a bug out HOUSE!?!?

I just laugh when people start talking about their BOBs when somebody starts a doom thread.
As if it is going to sprout arms and legs and chop down trees and build a cabin for you complete with wood burning stove and indoor plumbing.

Save your BOB WHEN the Military Police come kicking down your door to arrest you for being a suspected domestic terrorist for all of the less than flattering things you may have said about the government in online forums.
Take your BOB and get your ass into the woods and drop off the radar for as long as you are able to.
THAT is what it will come on handy for.
NOT an economic collaps!!!!

edit on 7-12-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

That is the question. I hope it isn't but who really knows? All we can really do is get prepared, prepare our families, and get our heads right. In the end, it will be our own will, emotions, and logic that will get us through. If you are unprepared mentally you are already defeated if TSHTF. You could have 2 years worth of food, an underground bunker, and an unlimited ammunition stockpile, but if you are unprepared in your brain, it's all over.

Get your head right, get your family ready, get your stockpile secure, and you will be ready.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
strangely enough i've been helping a friend of mine build a bunker just for fun, but now i think it might have some practical applications.

i don't think it will happen before the end of the month, but time is running out, that is for sure.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Absolutely right. I have had a "BOB" in my truck since before it was popular, or even called a "BOB." In fact I have a "BOT" a bug-out-truck, but it will not help much if gas is $15 a gallon, and no one has any money, and the stores have no food.

I do have a "BOH" a bug-out-house of sorts. It is my parent's place. It has a well on site, 2.5 acres of open arable land, and the house is masonry, not facade, it is a 18" thick cinder block, half underground structure. We have lots of basic machine tools, hand tools, and tons of know how. My grandfather grew up in the depression, had no electricity til he was nearly 30 years old, and did with what the land, and ingenuity provided for the first half of his life. Thank God he passed a lot of that know how, basic tools, and mentality down.

Still, I would not suppose to be able to tough it out alone, just my immediate family. We already have a network of friends that are like minded. We will all take care of each other. I really feel bad for people who are just coasting along paycheck to paycheck without a single thought of what they will do when McDonalds doesn't have their next cheeseburger for a few bucks. It will get crazy.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If I had a nickle for every time someone said we were going to implode financially or otherwise, I would buy every member of ATS a Ferrari. We are not in the strongest financial state, but we are nowhere near total collapse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join