It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry's latest ad, STRONG (Anti gay rights)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
reply to post by Domo1

LOL I was just about to post something to that effect. What the hell do gays and xmas have to do with eachother. Major homophobic deuschebag. Im also tired of the christian conservative talking about the war on christmas every year. Oh and Im not afraid to say Im a christian. Just not the type of christians that are so offended over nothing

I grew up Christian. While there are some good people who happen to be Christian.

The overall arrogant self entitlement is disturbing.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't think it's anti-gay, listen to it again.

He is basically asking "why is it ok for ____ to be going on over here, while ____ is not allowed over there?"
I can understand why certain people would have their tidies in a wad for using the word gay, but he is right.
Think about it objectively, not selectively.

We have all these new anti bullying measures being put in place by our government, yet our very own government, (with the help of, dare I say, gays and especially the media) is constantly bullying Christians.

Think about it, that's modern day, p.c. selectivity at it's best.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's anti-gay. No ifs, ands, or buts.
Replace gay in his speech with anything you like
(Blacks,Mexicans, women, whatever).
'There's something wrong when Mexicans can serve openly...'
Feel the hate now?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I don't think it's anti-gay, listen to it again.

Better yet - - read the transcript. Read what the head of GOProud has to say.

Just because Perry "wished-washed" around gays does not make it not anti-gay. He could have stated the same sentiment directed at Atheists - - but he didn't. He specifically targeted gays.

yet our very own government, (with the help of, dare I say, gays and especially the media) is constantly bullying Christians.

What crap! Christians fear losing the domination they've had over this country - that's all.

And its damn time they do!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No matter how you read it or listen to it, it is the same message.

there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

there's something wrong in this country when blacks can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

there's something wrong in this country when hispanics can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

there's something wrong in this country when jews can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

NOW!!!! If we change the words with something bad , then and only then this would be right.

there's something wrong in this country when pedophiles can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

there's something wrong in this country when KKK members can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

Get it???????

there's something wrong in this country when people that are not the same as the majority can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

It's facepalm-a-palooza in this ad. It's also a great example of the Christian persecution complex in action. I was a Christian when I was in high school and never once was prayer or the celebration of Christmas frowned upon. We were fully permitted to pray in school, there was even a moment of silence right after the Pledge of Allegiance designed for that sort of thing. I guarantee most of these right-wing Christians would object and get offended if a Muslim prayed in school facing Mecca. Also, since when can people not openly celebrate Christmas?

And of course there's the anti-gay message. Last I checked Jesus didn't have anything to say on the matter of homosexuality. He did have a few things to say about loving each other and treating others the way you want to be treated :cough: EQUAL RIGHTS :cough:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

Oh I get it.
Let's pigeonhole every known group we can think of, whether they want to be included or not, and call them victims, while at the same time throw our children under the bus.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

reply to by Elieser

Oh I get it.
Let's pigeonhole every known group we can think of, whether they want to be included or not, and call them victims, while at the same time throw our children under the bus.

No matter how you look at it, it is anti-gay and the worse part is, he uses kids as the scapegoats.

"You know there is something WRONG in this country when gays are allowed to serve openly in the military"

In other words he views gays as lesser then the heterosexual people.

Then in a huge twist of utter failure he scapegoats kids that aren't allowed to pray in schools. Kids can pray in schools as openly as they want, so as long the staff of said school or public official does not lead or partake in the prayer.

"You know there is something wrong in this country when people like him are even allowed to be in politics, let alone be a runner up for the highest office in the nation"

This man shouldn't even be able to vote. let alone make decisions that effect millions of people.

If you think what he is saying is NOT anti-gay I suggest you watch the video over again.
edit on 12/9/1111 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Here you go, something to lighten up the mood! lol
Rick Perry ad parody.

edit on 9-12-2011 by causeimalive because: youtube

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Elieser

Oh I get it.

Throw children under the bus?

I am sick of anti-gay Christians using children as an excuse for their own ignorance and hatred.

Children don't care if someone is gay. They care how they are treated.

I raised my children and grandchildren that "People are their Heart". Sounds like something Jesus would say.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I love how someone is posting all comments on his channel as spam yet anyone can unhide them.

Shame, Perry. You would toss in about gays in the military along with a sentence about how religion is this and that. LEAVE RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS PLEASE.

Signed, a strong Christian who is tired of hearing about religion in places it has NO right being.

(and on that note, leave out gays too. Else talk about and include every single other person in the USA as well. Gays aren't a special class citizen, nor a second class, nor an alien life form. They are humans just as much as the rest of us)

Signed again, a strictly heterosexual female who loves humans as a whole for their many differences which are AMAZING ALL OVER.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow I just realized on his channel, ALLL comments are marked as spam - even those of the 1 person who supports him out of 5 pages who definitely do not support him. Who's running that page anyway??????

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Yeah you cannot even comment anymore. What a Jerk-off. Guess he don't wanna hear what people really think anymore.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

No matter how you look at it, it is anti-gay and the worse part is, he uses kids as the scapegoats.

"You know there is something WRONG in this country when gays are allowed to serve openly in the military"

There you go, cherry pickin' again.

I don't know where you come from but where I'm from we look at the entire statement, all of it, from the start to the ending period, which in this case comes after the word "school", not "military".

...there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

Whether he is anti gay or whether he is using the kids as scapegoats is not the issue here, so you need to read his statement again.
His point is, WHY are these people over here allowed to do their thing, while them people over yonder are not.

I thought Libs were all for anti bullying and equality for all, I guess that doesn't apply to Christians.

Ok, what if he had said something like:

"...there's something wrong in this country when kids can openly celebrate Chistmas and pray in schools but our gays can't serve openly in the military."

You know damn well everyone would be in full agreement.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman, I have been saying this since the day this man announced he was running.

Just think about how well it went the last time we voted in a governor from Texas.....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Perhaps, but you're getting sucked into what the media want you to believe about yet another Texas Governor.

I don't really like the guy because he goes out of his way to have the perfect hair, and to me, there is something to be said about this.

But if you can try to look at things objectively, the main thing that Perry has going for him is that he, like Obama, also inherited a Bush economy.
This is fact, Texas continued to prosper economically when many other states began to tank.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Ladies and gentleman, I have been saying this since the day this man announced he was running.

Just think about how well it went the last time we voted in a governor from Texas.....

I went and looked up blogs/forums in Texas and read what the locals had to say.

How this guy got elected is beyond me.

Maybe another case of "mention Jesus - lose your brain".

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
600,000 dislikes? Lmao

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Perhaps, but you're getting sucked into what the media want you to believe about yet another Texas Governor.

I don't really like the guy because he goes out of his way to have the perfect hair, and to me, there is something to be said about this.

But if you can try to look at things objectively, the main thing that Perry has going for him is that he, like Obama, also inherited a Bush economy.
This is fact, Texas continued to prosper economically when many other states began to tank.

I honestly take offense to you jumping to such conclusions about me, after reading two vague sentences. Fact is, I do not watch the news on TV and I do not go to their sites online. I get my news from ATS and remain much more in the know, than most others.

I think for myself unlike most others in my country. Do you? I am not the one trying to base my opinion of others, on their looks, after all.

So you assume that just because I don't like Rick Perry, I do not think objectively and that I am brainwashed by the media? Funny, I don't recall looking like a sheep. Nope, just looked in the mirror. I am not a sheep at all.

Rick Perry runs for office for a living and does not give a crap about fixing anything. He has completely screwed up education in my state and while we may have one of the better economies in this country, I assure you it is not good at all.

Our economy is like a cherry on top of a pile of crap. Sure it's a cherry, but I bet you wouldn't want to eat it. We are hardly prospering.

I think for myself and I have my reasons for not liking Rick Perry. Just because I did not list my reasons in my previous post is no reason to think I do not know what I am talking about.

See what happens when you jump to conclusions after reading two vague sentences? Don't ever assume I don't know what I am talking about, Okay? Okay.You of all people should know that I am not just some brainwashed sheep, so I don't appreciate the insinuation.

By the way, nice thread plug.

Good day to you, see you around the boards.
edit on 14-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Even I was surprised he got re-elected here in Texas this time around. People here ( for the most part) are fed up with him. Democrat and Republican alike. At least the many I have talked to, are.

But in Texas, there are so many die hard republicans who blindly vote straight republican, regardless of whether they even like the candidate.

So that is how he got re-elected. In the meantime our education system in Texas is beyond screwed up. Every time he needs money for something, he takes it out of the education budget.

His spending is out of control. $183,672,063,500.

The state of Texas is in debt for $ 211,247,511,700.

Total debt for Texas has doubled since he came into office. He has lead the push to turn the roads over to foreign companies.

Between 2006-2011, weekly wages in the US went up about 5 percent. Texas went up only by 0.6 percent.

Under his rule we have one of the worst education systems in the nation.

36th in the nation for graduation rates,49th, for verbal SAT scores, 47th in literacy and 46th in math SAT scores.

33rd in the nation for teacher salaries.

Texas has the highest percentage of minimum wage workers.

Need I go on?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join