It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry's latest ad, STRONG (Anti gay rights)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
At first I thought that this was a prank ad with someone doing a lip sync, until I saw that it came from his Youtube account, please watch the video. I am still in shock and left wondering how no one in his team let him know that gay s have rights in this century.The comments to his videos are closed but his Youtube channel is open for comments.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school. As President, I'll end Obama's war on religion. And I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage. Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again. I'm Rick Perry and I approve this message.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-12-2011 by Elieser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Damn scary - - - that there are people in this country who support this type thinking.

I'd bet Michelle Bachmann is in full agreement. Listening to her audience supporting her - - is sick.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
67,000+ dislikes with 1600 likes

This sure is getting lots of support isn't it?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Perry is a joke.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAConspiracy

Looks like he doesn't have too many internet supporters. Completely fruitless ad campaign also, he basically just released an ad AGAINST himself.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wow, and people wonder why the country is so f***ed up. This is a great example. I also just witnessed Obama giving a speech on Jesus. Um, ... what happened to separation of church and state? This ad is appalling and anyone who welcomes this type of propaganda is twisted and ignorant. Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
LOL that was hysterical. What a douche. Damn gays stole Christmas!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
People are reporting it as hate speech, Youtube might remove it soon, I don't know how to copy it, if someone goes against him for what ever office they should just play this instead of their own ads. I'm enjoying the constant flow of comments on his channel.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
He is a complete joke...and dumb as a box of rocks...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It really gripes me when people talk about how our country was founded on 'insert anything you want here'. The founders set up our Constitution so that it could be changed as times change. They were significantly smarter than these dumbass christian fundamentalists that take one thing from the bible, yet ignore countless other things, just to promote their agenda. If we took everything from the bible so literally, we'd be stoning children at the center of town for disobedience. The founders weren't even christian anyway.....they had more common sense than that.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
While Rick Perry may seem to be against gay rights, however, after viewing the ad, there are a few things that can be stated:

His message is simple and straight forward, while he is not outright stating he does not hate gay people or want them not to have rights, rather he is stating that there has been too much anti-religious movement going on in the country and to that end, he is correct. While we do not follow the same beliefs as other people, many of us here on ATS comes from all different backgrounds, and beliefs, he is correct that it is a sad state of affairs, when traditions and celebrations for the holidays have been degraded and moved into the proverbial closet, where people can not openly display their beliefs for fear of offending someone.

Make no mistake, there is a growing movement, and it is slowly gaining strength of where people are condemned for merely wishing someone merry Christmas. Displays of the religious nature, more specifically that of the Christians have come under attack more and more these days. And for what, cause it offends a few people, who believe that there should be a such a wall, that to even merely crossing it would be considered a capital offense. Where children can not take part in the holiday season, where they go to school, where such intolerance exists, that is what his primary problem with such is. Not the gay people, or those who are of a differing faith or belief, but the systematic destruction of the Christian religion from the public eye.

Perhaps in this time of the season, we should take a step back and let those who want to celebrate and display such, do in the spirit of the holiday season, a season devoted to the good will of all man kind and the very idea of peace on earth.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

There is nothing like seeing the work of brainwashing coming from a politician. Perry’s comments only make him look like a racist and a hate monger. I find it interesting in 2011 that many christens are using their religion to practice ignorance and hatred.
I only hope one day one of Perry’s children comes out to say they are gay.

edit on 7-12-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

I think this may be the third thread posted with this Ad.

Did he really mean what you seem to think though. I think his message was that in a country free enough that Gays can openly serve in the military it is a travesty that people cannot also openly celebrate Christmas. At least thats how I took it.

You might watch it again without bias. Are you anti-Christian. Are you yourself a person who is offended by others practicing their faith?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Shoot I think you might be right. Sure sounds bad though unless you think of it in the way you stated.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This thread snuck in 2 minutes before you link

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

IMO this is the natural progression of removing religion from government and removing religion from social policy. And it's a good thing.

Religion was never suppose to be a basis to decide laws or regulations. The stranglehold that religion has had on the United States is being lifted ever so slowly and that makes a lot of folks really nervous. The tool used to control people for thel ast 3000 years is unravelling at the seams.

Again a good thing. I'm not against anybody's right to follow their own religious beliefs. Most of the time I'm kind of jealous that people have faith and I don't, but I won't stand by and allow religious zealots to dictate to the rest of the populace how to live their lives and what laws will apply to them.

You have the right to your own opinions and beliefs, but not to your own facts.

As for Perry. He's trying to appeal to that hardcore right section of the voting populace with this message. It'll backfire as the beltway media will crucify him. Hell Gingrich will use it as a means of coming off like a moderate by denouncing these comments and agenda.

Ohh Rick Perry, you are the Sarah Palin of 2012.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think he used bad judgement in the wording. Hard to know without actually asking him. I don't think he will survive the first couple of Primaries though anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
he is correct that it is a sad state of affairs, when traditions and celebrations for the holidays have been degraded and moved into the proverbial closet, where people can not openly display their beliefs for fear of offending someone.

I am so sick of "persecuted" Christians. (and I was raised one - so I am speaking about what I know).

Not being able to display a specific religion on government property is as it should be.

Christians do not own this country - - - and non-Christians are fed up with them thinking they do.

Celebrations and holidays have been expanded - - as it should be - - to include all beliefs that celebrate around the time of the Winter Solstice.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

How is this anti gay?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I find most Atheists celebrate Christmas since they are rational enough to realize that Christmas is also a secular, legal holiday in the US and that Santa Claus is not any part of the Christian Faith.

Knowing that a huge majority in the US are people of Faith and that nearly all celebrate Christmas, many as a secular holiday, is it not simple politeness and courtesy to let them since there is no way to claim it causes others harm. As if the simple act of exchanging gifts given out of love could cause harm.

I only see this as an issue with extremely angry, extremely intolerant people who want everyone to live exactly as they prescribe.

If I walk into a Muslim store, which I actually do at times for a Mango drink they carry and rice I like, if they were to make a statement to me wishing me a good day on one of their holidays, I would not be offended at all. It's just common civility and courtesy. Their remark would not harm me in any way. I'm not bothered if an Atheist tells me they don't believe and why. I'm only offended if they carry it to the level of hate and bigotry directed against me.

You seem reasonable about it.

To me a rational person not acting out of hate and anger would simply ignore it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join