It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRANSCRIPT: ABC's Barbara Walters' Interview With Syrian President Bashar al-Assad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The following is the transcript of the interview ABC's Barbara Walters conducted with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. It was his first American interview, and the president was asked about Syria's role in the Arab League and how he is treating protesters in his country.

ABC's Barbara Walters: Mr. President, you have invited us to Damascus and you have not given an interview to the American media since this crisis began. What is it you want us to know?

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad: I would like to reiterate what I used to say after 11th of September, to every American delegation I met, first of all I think the American people, people should know more about what's happening beyond the ocean, second the American media I would like them to tell only the truth about what's happening in the world, and for the American administration. Don't look for puppets in the world.

ABC News

I'm not sure if this was posted. Interesting interview to say the least.

What do you think about Dr Bashar Al Assad answers to Barbara Walters ?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow, that right there shows there really is wool being pulled over the western world's eyes.

I sincerely hope something good comes of this.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Walters: You do, you do not think the United Nations is credible?
Assad: No.
Assad: Never it's not something before my generation it's something we inherited as a concept as a belief.
Walters: You have an ambassador to the United Nations.
Assad: Yeah, it's a game we play. It doesn't mean you believe in it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Don't look for puppets in the world.

funny he should say that , when he is his fathers old regimes puppet

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Good interview,I used to have business in Syria a month just shut it down .Most people support Assad and don't like what muslim brotherhood is doing.

The muslim brotherhood has actually strengthened Assad's support.Had muslim brotherhood taken the peaceful route instead of a terroristic one,their would have been elections by now.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
Good interview,I used to have business in Syria a month just shut it down .Most people support Assad and don't like what muslim brotherhood is doing.

The muslim brotherhood has actually strengthened Assad's support.Had muslim brotherhood taken the peaceful route instead of a terroristic one,their would have been elections by now.

most people support Assad ? who told you that ? the people over there ? who are afraid to death from the regime that they wouldn't dare say a word against Assad and that when they do so they will be tortured to death ?

please understand the country before saying that , i know a lot of Syrians here in the UAE, and even here away from their home if you sit with to Syrians who don't know each other and ask them about the regime they will tell you that they support Assad , but when you talk to them individually you hear the truth.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I guess you are a sunni,right?

Homs and Deraa are the only places where I spoke to a lot of anti-assad people who like to see Assad gone.Alawites and Syrian christians are comfortable.Kurds are fine with him though they call him a coward and two bit turncoat.

Many sunnis there are secular and though they don't like Assad they prefer him anytime over muslim brotherhood.

And by the way UAE arabs are a very racist and arrogant bunch.Indians and Pakistanis don't like your snotty attitudes at all.Anyways ,once USA attacks and nukes Iran,UAE and other arab nations will suffer the consequences when Iran fires its chemical and biological WMD.Your sheikh has pampered you too much I believe.

top topics

join