It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who refuses to watch any modern movies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Originally posted by ReadyPower
reply to post by FEDec

I dont watch ANY movies. (well, rarely) Not even the oldies, I'd rather spend my time reading articles and discussing stuff here. Am I whining? I am giving my opinion.. so if Indy Colt fans say "wow our team sucks" (they have yet to win a game..) is that whining, or just stating a fact that they suck? (my comparison being: that most movies they make today DO suck)

If you don't like movies at all why post on a forum about movies? Since you seem to just hate movies anyway are you sure the problem isn't with you? Maybe you just don't like being entertained.

Your comparison doesn't work because Colts fans know all there is to know but you haven't even watched half of the movies made in the world this year. most movies do not suck just the ones that make it to your local theater suck. that is not even a fraction of the movies made in the world this year so no most movies do not suck. So you are just being lazy and yes whining. get off your butt and do some research or be quiet.

In case you haven't noticed, you are basically the only person who disagrees with what I said..

I love movies, especially horror/zombie movies. I am not gonna waste my time watching random indy films in hopes that it is good, I would rather be reading and informing myself.

Research??? ALL I ever do is research stuff!! I am on here, I go to news websites, chud.com, ign, all I do is read and research stuff. And again, the past few movies I READ about that I seen were "good", they SUCKED. Why should I listen to people, when the VAST majority of people spend $15 to watch Adam Sandler movies??

And yeah, when Adam Sandler makes his next movie.. all I need to know is it stars Adam Sandler, and he plays the exact same character, with the same director, and same co stars as his last 10 movies.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

I dont watch ANY movies. (well, rarely) Not even the oldies, I'd rather spend my time reading articles and discussing stuff here. Am I whining? I am giving my opinion.. so if Indy Colt fans say "wow our team sucks" (they have yet to win a game..) is that whining, or just stating a fact that they suck? (my comparison being: that most movies they make today DO suck)

If you don't like movies at all why post on a forum about movies? Since you seem to just hate movies anyway are you sure the problem isn't with you? Maybe you just don't like being entertained.

Your comparison doesn't work because Colts fans know all there is to know but you haven't even watched half of the movies made in the world this year. most movies do not suck just the ones that make it to your local theater suck. that is not even a fraction of the movies made in the world this year so no most movies do not suck. So you are just being lazy and yes whining. get off your butt and do some research or be quiet.

In case you haven't noticed, you are basically the only person who disagrees with what I said..

I love movies, especially horror/zombie movies. I am not gonna waste my time watching random indy films in hopes that it is good, I would rather be reading and informing myself.

Research??? ALL I ever do is research stuff!! I am on here, I go to news websites, chud.com, ign, all I do is read and research stuff. And again, the past few movies I READ about that I seen were "good", they SUCKED. Why should I listen to people, when the VAST majority of people spend $15 to watch Adam Sandler movies??

And yeah, when Adam Sandler makes his next movie.. all I need to know is it stars Adam Sandler, and he plays the exact same character, with the same director, and same co stars as his last 10 movies.

You've gone from watching no movies to loving movies. Basically all you are saying is that you hate things and aren't willing to do anything about it you just want to have a good whine. Why are you talking to me about adam sandler? does anything I have said give you the impression that I am an adam sandler fan?

Oh wah wah I could check out these movies but then what would I whine about. Mommy it's time for my pablum.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

You've gone from watching no movies to loving movies. Basically all you are saying is that you hate things and aren't willing to do anything about it you just want to have a good whine. Why are you talking to me about adam sandler? does anything I have said give you the impression that I am an adam sandler fan?

Oh wah wah I could check out these movies but then what would I whine about. Mommy it's time for my pablum.

I said I rarely watch movies. I did not say I NEVER watch them.

Ummm.. what do you want me to direct a movie or something? Is that what you mean when you say I should "do something about it"??

I am talking to you about Sandler because, he is in a new movie every damn month, it seems, and people PAY MONEY to watch his garbage films.. the same people you expect me to listen too for advise on what movies to watch.

Yeah, please find another post of mine where I "whine"... you seem REALLY butt hurt about my thread for some reason, and YOU are the one that is whining. And again, you ignored the FACT that you are the only person who replied to me thread who disagreed with me.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I love the new movies as much as I love older movies.

There are things in the last 20 years that have been massively popular which I thought sucked (Twilight series, American Pie and movies similar, "teen horror", Fight Club, 300, Troy, Gladiator, anything with George Clooney, romantic comedies as some examples) but I dunno, 2012 is looking like a great year for movies in my view.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Agree on Sandler.

The only movie I like him in is Airheads and that's cause he's a secondary character and didn't write, direct or produce it so his filthy fingerprints and lack of funny didn't get all over it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't enjoy religion. That doesn't mean that I go into the religion forum and post a thread about how much I hate religion. It actually means that I rarely, if ever, even go into the religion forum and read threads. And I certainly wouldn't post there.

See where I'm going with this?

Anyway, there are plenty of good movies out there, just depends on what you like. For example, coming up is Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy starring Gary Oldman which should prove to be an instant classic.

Inception was pretty good for a Dicaprio movie. Same with The Departed.

Gladiator, Gran Torino, The King's Speech, No Country For Old Men, Million Dollar Baby, all good movies, only Gladiator being just over 10 years old.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I hate that movies today are (mostly) cookie cutter cliche... all the same. I like watching GOOD movies, but many many recent movies just suck.. they are shallow, and not made to be good, just made to make money... in GENERAL.

I used this example before.. the Colts have yet to win a game this season... so if a Colt fan starts complaining how they suck, are they wrong? Do they not have a right to complain their favorite team sucks, and they are tired of watching them?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I am completely with you OP. Today's movies can't hold my attention. I joke that I have developed ADD that is specific only to movies mad in the 21st century.

From IMBD

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace Poster Top 500 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

These were right on the cusp.

I dare any one to come up with something exceptionally good that has come out in say the last 7-8 years.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to the tv premirer of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy because I heard nothing but good things about it.

I unfortunately missed its cinema release in September but it's supposedly the best British film in a long time and a total masterpiece.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I am completely with you OP. Today's movies can't hold my attention. I joke that I have developed ADD that is specific only to movies mad in the 21st century.

From IMBD

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace Poster Top 500 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

These were right on the cusp.

I dare any one to come up with something exceptionally good that has come out in say the last 7-8 years.

Are you for real? You dare anyone to come up a good movie in the last 7-8 years yet you think Phantom Menace was "right on the cusp" of being good? Phantom Menace was garbage, my friend. Very far away from being good.

How can anyone trust your judgement?

I can tell you that The Departed (2006) was a great movie but would you believe me? No Country For Old Men (2007) was excellent too.

The Fighter, The Thing (2011), The Dark Knight, The Town; all good movies and made within the last few years.

Seriously, what are you guys talking about?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Usually movies with big ad campaigns suck, and those are probably the "modern movies" you watch.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Synecdoche(2008) Waltz with Bashir(2008) are also great modern movies.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Adam Sandlers earlier stuff is better.
Happy Gilmore, Little Nicky and Billy Madison.
Those characters couldn't be more different.
Then 50 First Dates is a real tear jerker and has some real heartwarming and hilarious moments.

The rest can be tossed aside but these are the only Adam Sandler movies anyone should watch.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Most of them are bad but I would say to anyone on ATS that they should watch MOON. It's a really interesting movie about Green Energy and cloning staring Sam Rockwell. BIt similar to 2001:A Space Odyssey.
Very deep and philosophical film as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join