It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails and Car windows?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I love nice clean car windows, but recently I haven't been able to clean a noisome film of the glass. Normally, vinegar works great to get the dirt off, but about two weeks ago, it wouldn't budge a film. I switched to Windex, but it still persists. I am use to ordinary dirt and dew on the glass, but this seems like an oily film. It magnifies the glare and breaks the sunlight into prisms. I have talked to others in the area and they are having similar troubles. I live in central Fl a great place for chemtrails. Do you think this could be a result of what they are spraying?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Did you clean both sides of the window? I dont believe in the existence of chemtrails so I dont have an opinion for that...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I do believe in chemtrails, I see them all the time out here.

Chemtrails have as their main ingredient aluminum oxide and barium salts. I know that it coats everything, but I am unsure as to whether or not it leaves a film on glass.

Perhaps they are mixing something oily in their spraying these days...? Nothing surprises me anymore.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

I have had the same problem with every car I have owned. You can clean the hell out of the windows but it still seem to reflect sunlight that in a way can be blinding at times. Its very annoying. Never thought that it could be from chemtrails. Maybe...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Central Floridian here, there hasn't been anything on my windows. This rules out "chemtrails", because from 5-6 miles in the air, anything falling would be spread across many square miles (maybe even hundreds, depending on the length of the "chemtrail", wind conditions, etc) . It's funny too, because two days ago there were a few persistent contrails. Notice how it preceded today's cold front?

Hope you find the actual cause, though.

ETA: Did you catch that sky writing today?
edit on 12/7/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

It must be something cause it ain't nothing. I think you have a 50/50 chance of being right. Keep your eyes open and keep paying attention. Thx for the thread s/f

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I do believe in chemtrails, I see them all the time out here.

Chemtrails have as their main ingredient aluminum oxide and barium salts. I know that it coats everything, but I am unsure as to whether or not it leaves a film on glass.

so you should be able to find those inthe atmosphere anthrough testing right?

I look forward to some positive evidence from you as opposed to theusual.

to th OP - so why not get it tested??

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zachi

I have seen similar films on car windows since the 1970s. It is not a "new" phenomenon, and certainly is not due to so-called "chemtrails" (since such things don't exist).

Two things, with a question: Inside or outside?

Outside sources can be anything, to include industrial air pollution....form ground sources.

Inside is where I've seen it the worst, over the years sometimes. Out-gassing from interior plastics and vinyls can cause it. Some car care products ('Armor All' and similar) can also leave films, as they evaporate from the surfaces they are applied to.

A favorite weekend ritual of mine is to listen to "Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers" on their weekly radio show "Car Talk". You can catch archived copies, podcasts, etc...recent ones are free, and they charge a small fee for older ones.

So, just for fun, I went to their website and searched for 'dirty windows' --- here is a post by a visitor with a question that sounds similar to yours:

Mabe November 3
I have a new (2011) Buick Lucerne and CANNOT get the windshield(s) & windows clean. I have tried everything I know to try...Windex, automobile-rated glass cleaner, vinegar & water, newspaper instead of paper towels, etc. Nothing works. When the sun hits either the front or rear glass, a messy smear all over the glass is there, and no amount of spraying & wiping seems to do any good. Any suggestions??? Thanks.

I
'd at the first answer.....never in a million years would I have thought of this (nor, used it!!):

genex November 3
Bon Ami . It doesn't scratch glass but it gets all the junk off

I always thought of Bon Ami as a kitchen sink and stainless steel scrubber/polisher, like Comet Cleanser....but apparently, Bon Ami is extremely fine ground, and the glass is harder than the particles, so it might be safe

Of course, two better "solutions" (pun intended) are suggested next:

MikeInNH November 3
Use warm water and just a few drops of dish washing fluid.

Take a rag and wet it in the water solution....clean with the rag...then wipe dry with a clean cotton towel/cloth.

And, so on....you can read more (and other answers to your car questions) here:

Car Talk website

Guest accommodations provided by 'The Horse You Rode Inn'.

Legal representation by the law firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe, all rights reserved. And all responsibilities as to the accuracy of any of the above information absolved in triplicate, on file in their offices.

And, in consultation with lead mechanic, "Manny Lew S'Cruze".

edit on Thu 8 December 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm in my mid 50's and figured it out a long time ago how to clean car windows. It's not a one step thing like you might think.

1.Use Windex! Sorry but all the others just ain't worth the time to spray.
2.Use cotton rags like cut up T shirts (no print). Not news paper or nylon rags.
3.When the rags gets beyond damp change it. You want the rag to absorb the oil not smear it around.
4.Clean on a sunny day because you need the Windex to evaporate after a wipe.
And finally the secret.
5.Do it again the next day because you just can't get it all the first time around. No matter how hard I tried

If you drive with the windows down you may have to clean every 7-10 days. Especially in the city.
Windows up I can go weeks to a couple of months depending on the amount of rain.
Some cars plastic out gas something terrible.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thanks for all your suggestions. The film is on the outside of the glass. If it's just smearing, you can usually tell which side it is on. I tired the vinegar and I also tried the dish soap and water along with the windex. I will have to buy some Bon Ami and see it that will take it off.
No, I didn't see any sky writing to day. I have in the past, over I-4. Most of the time, the wind demolishes the first part before the plane can end the words.
This puzzles me because it seems to be recent. I didn't have this trouble in the summer. I am not sure about getting it analysed. That sounds pricey to me and I don't know of any labs that would do it. We haven't had any fires and the OJ factory odors haven't been coming my way. I can't think of what new thing might be causing it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm having similar problems. I think it's pollen.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

I'll tell you how the thread will go...

those who say chemtrails are bogus will tell you no

those who love terror in their clear beautiful skies will tell you zOMG yeses!

and, you get to spread your suspicions that it is...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKIN BOUT!!!!

You got people saying stuff about aluminum cans in the clouds.

You got people telling stories about their windows.

If you wanted someone to tell you how to clean windows you should ask, "How do I clean my filthy windows ATS?"

Maybe if you clean your windows, then you can see what is really going on around you.

( ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ) Shenanigans!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koopa34
WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKIN BOUT!!!!
You got people saying stuff about aluminum cans in the clouds.
You got people telling stories about their windows.
If you wanted someone to tell you how to clean windows you should ask, "How do I clean my filthy windows ATS?"
Maybe if you clean your windows, then you can see what is really going on around you.

IF you are talking about the windows of the mind, you are absolutely CORRECT!

I am just asking opinions and then I will decide what I think is the best and most likely conclusion. Yes, I will try some of the techniques mentioned, but if they don't help maybe there IS another solution.

new topics

top topics

join