It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton warns of bioweapon threat from gene tech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Is this a serious issue? Or is it just keeping are eyes and minds diverted into another direction?Any opinions??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think there are bigger issues she should be worried about right at home...like how they are planning on moving plum island to the hart of cattle country.....idiots.

Washington has urged countries to be more transparent about their efforts to clamp down on the threat of bioweapons. But U.S. officials have also resisted calls for an international verification system — akin to that for nuclear weapons — saying it is too complicated to monitor every lab's activities.

That pretty much sums it up...."You guys out there have to let us know what your doing.....but you're not allowed to know what we're up to."
edit on 7-12-2011 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mik3ymik3

This is somewhat related. It even talks about vaccine diversity if you read it and follow some of the links. In my opinion something's up.

DARPA Effort Speeds Biothreat Response

New vaccine technologies not only will speed the U.S. government response to infectious diseases, but also will give officials better options for fighting bioterror attacks, a DOD scientist said.

For the largest program, called AMP for Accelerated Manufacture of Pharmaceuticals, companies in four states are building facilities where they can quickly produce vaccine-grade proteins grown in the cells of tobacco plants. Once they produce the proteins, the goal is for each company to scale up its process to produce 100 million doses of H1N1 flu vaccine per month. Existing vaccine manufacturers worldwide produce a fraction of that -- about 300 million doses of vaccine in six months, Magill said.

Vaccines are produced in steps, beginning with getting a sample of the active virus. From the original virus, “seeds” are used to grow the virus in hundreds of millions of chicken eggs -- a time-consuming process developed more than 50 years ago. After the virus particles are grown, they’re purified to make vaccine.

AMP set out to speed up the process by looking at a range of animals and plants whose cells could produce high-quality proteins that would work well in people, Magill said. What emerged from the first round of experiments were tobacco plants.

It sounds like they're getting ready for something.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

American corporations like monsanto have been putting us at the same risk for decades but they wont speak a word about that.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Her lips are moving so...

She's lying.

Anytime this woman opens her mouth...she lies.

Anytime she visits another Country...people die.

Did I miss anything?

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Did I miss anything?

Her husband likes expensive cigars

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Clintoon, sp?,
is just warning us that the Oligarchs plan on using this in a false flag attack.
Iran did it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

ya i heard something about them building a biochemical research lab in Kansas, but this was a few years ago. since i have heard this they havent talked about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
maybe this is an indirect way to aim at China?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Bioweapon tech is not new, its been around since the 1920's Germany, Japan, Russia and YES the United States have had and did do keep Top Secret labs remember the utah incident earlyer this year, a vail of X, a liquid that kill a 100000 people an hour was "misplace" and found outside the lab, still in stock pile, so wake up
this liquid if it become airborne, gets in the water will kill 10 million people in a month.
edit on 8-12-2011 by bone13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Guess who sunk that Russian sub, and paid a billion bucks to Russia her Husband Bill, a mk 5 torepdo from a US sub sunk that bad boy with all hands on deck.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bone13

Bioweapon tech is not new, its been around since the 1920's Germany, Japan, Russia and YES the United States have had and did do keep Top Secret labs remember the utah incident earlyer this year, a vail of X, a liquid that kill a 100000 people an hour was "misplace" and found outside the lab, still in stock pile, so wake up
this liquid if it become airborne, gets in the water will kill 10 million people in a month.
edit on 8-12-2011 by bone13 because: (no reason given)

Do you have a link to this article

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Serious issue? A Microbiologist with very limited finances and use of a lab (such as a university) could manufacture a bio-weapon very easily. Both the United States and the Soviet Union both had (and have) active bio-weaponry and research facilities.. I'd be surprised if other Nations didn't as well. The trick is not to create something that can easily spread from Human to Human, that's easy to do .. it's the effectiveness of the diseases created (infected/death ratio) and or severity.. So while "terrorist" or anyone else for that matter might be able to create a disease, enhance one, alter one, and spread it amongst the population the chances of it being severely dangerous is kinda limited. Personally I think we've seen some experiments with bio-weaponry with the recent spates of "swine flu" and "Avian flu" this past decade.. ultra enhanced superbugs that randomly popped up and spread into Humans but had a very low Human to Human spreads or infected to death ratios.

new topics

top topics

join