It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near death experience's. Are they real. or just a trick of the mined.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Any one know any thing about them.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by donniedeath
Any one know any thing about them.

Oh my goodness, yes. Google NDE. You'll get a million and one hits.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just do a search on this topic. Hundreds of them here is one of them
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I guess the real question is, is there life after brain death? And I would say this outstanding OP decidedly answers that question.

More content, please, OP.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just posted my own NDE today. It is in the gray topic.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
They sure arent a trick of your mined

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I guess the real question is, is there life after brain death? And I would say this outstanding OP decidedly answers that question.

You are full of good zingers

My gf and I tried deciphering the title's grammar, then was asked a question I think? I didn't see a ? mark so wasn't sure if they are asking or telling.

Are NDE real? Is that a real question? If you are in a bad car crash, isn't that a NDE?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yes NDE's are very real,you gotta somewhere when you die. Your energy," which is called your soul " has to go somewhere. Where it goes , who knows ,Heaven, Hell , Limbo, or hang around on earth.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
life flashing before your eyes.
wow i was just thinking about this after watching QI talk about it.
some say that it is your brain trying to find a memory(event) that matches with what is happening to find something that will help you survive.
there was a man who was being attacked by a shark when this experience happened to him, he remembered a random time when he was watching documentary with his kids, the documentary mentioned ramming your fingeres in the sharks gills to fight it off. because of this near death experience he survived.
our will to survive is really very strong.
edit on 7/12/2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes they are real, I just had one when I read your excitingly, explosive thread!

Joking aside. Google them, search them on ATS search. There is plenty of info for you to sieve through.

ALS

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I believe a NDE i just accessing your "Akashic Records" in a time of threat. Your life flashes before your eyes giving you the correct insight to make detrimental decision...

From my experience it has always shown me things i need to know to continue my existence on earth.
Hence the constant pursue of my spiritual development.

If you live, you where not ready to die and their are things you must still do on earth.

There is life after death. If you truly wanted the answer you would not ask another person, but ask yourself..

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well any experience must be regarded as 'real' in the mind of the person who perceives it, whether or not an NDE means an existence of consiousness after the death of the body is, of course the big question.

It's certainly fascinating to read about such cases and there are a lot of them about but I have also read how these NDE experiences can be induced by various controlled methods which confuses me in terms of whether I actually believe them to be a true indicator of an existence after bodily death or whether they are the result of some biochemistry.

Some people don't have them, I know a guy who was sucked out of a car window and 130mph and was in a coma for 3 months and was close to death on a number of occasions. I asked him if he had experienced anything in that period and he said no, one minute he was in the car, 3 months later he opened his eyes in hospital. There was literally, nothing in between.

I had an uncle who had a number of heart attacks before one ultimately killed him and he had been dead on at least one occasion and brought back, he said there was nothing, just lights out/personal extinction. But then of course you have the people who do experience something, I'm opend minded as to what that actually is but obviously I do believe that these people have had a very real experience.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
have you ever considered that the spirit world only exists in your head? i mean literally that the heavens exist in the space of your brain. when you die you have a very long dream.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Rev. George Rodonaia underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead immediately after he was hit by a car in 1976, he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure. Prior to his NDE he worked as a neuropathologist. He was also an avowed atheist. Yet after the experience, he devoted himself exclusively to the study of spirituality, taking a second doctorate in the psychology of religion. He then became an ordained priest in the Eastern Orthodox Church. He served as a pastor at St. Paul United Methodist Church in Baytown, Texas.

www.near-death.com...

Seems like something super natural happened there.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There are people who have near death experiences when their brain is completely dead.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You are not your brain. Your brain is a mechanism in which you are operating in this plane of existence. Our definition of death is when this physical body is no longer useful to us as conscious beings. When someone is having a NDE they are experiencing a chemical exchange within the brain, causing them to almost fall in a dreamlike state, in which they may very well be experiencing other dimensions. These dimensions may appear to resemble things like heaven, or hell, because beforehand we have envisioned these places, and during a NDE the vision of these places may be guiding us to a dimension that looks similar

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
There are people who have near death experiences when their brain is completely dead.

This is because it happened just before they went brain dead. Time is perceived by us, and thus can be changed dramatically. One second may feel like hours, or hours may feel like seconds...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This women's story is truly amazing not only was she pronounced dead by the hospital doctors ( no sign of life )
she came back into her body with a NDE story also her body went into repair mode and cured her of serious terminal cancer.

not even the doctors could explain her remission.....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep
This women's story is truly amazing not only was she pronounced dead by the hospital doctors ( no sign of life )
she came back into her body with a NDE story also her body went into repair mode and cured her of serious terminal cancer.

not even the doctors could explain her remission.....

How bout she never had cancer in the first place, and by some minor chance all the tests that they took for her showed that she did. Of course thats when they take a closer look, and Poof! its gone

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

This woman had cancer for sure besides the biopsy and scan results showing up her cancer the doctors could actually feel and see the tumours in the lymph nodes around her body

and even if it was misdiagnosed cancer something was at that time killing her
which caused her body to go into complete shut down and renal failure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join