It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERYONE Should Be Scared of This! EMP!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
OK let's say your scenario plays out and China does launch an EMP attack, what do you think the US will do? Sit back and twiddle it's thumbs, or sulk and cry? The answer is no. The boomers (nuclear ICBM subs) they have scattered around the world's oceans would respond in kind and China's ability to wage war would be over. I'm sure another salvo of ICBMs would be launched at the US and everyone loses.

This is why I don't believe any government would be brazen enough to do an attack like that. Rouge elements maybe.
edit on 8-12-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

Let me ask you a counter question. How is america going to be able to lunch a counter attack when all its satilites are off line and no longer have GPS tracking for the missles????

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

man this is some serious stuff. it certainly is possible that EMPs could be used against us. and as previously said, we shouldnt be afraid because it makes us weak. let me quote the late great Franklin D Roosevelt who said "we have nothing to fear but fear itself."

edit on 8-12-2011 by mindblower23 because: misspelled word

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thank you for this discussion. This is a serious threat whether people believe it or not. Actually in the Republican debate a week back or so- Newt stated that one of the biggestest threats to America was an EMP. As stated above by a few people the book One Second After opened my eyes and motivated me. After reading One Second After and Light's Out, I learned and made sure I can get water from my well without power. I am still searching for that car made in the 70's but have an old jeep that more friendly if an EMP does go off. The military is not hardened 100% for an EMP.

A novel called Blackout also deals with an EMP.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

OK let's say your scenario plays out and China does launch an EMP attack, what do you think the US will do? Sit back and twiddle it's thumbs, or sulk and cry? The answer is no. The boomers (nuclear ICBM subs) they have scattered around the world's oceans would respond in kind and China's ability to wage war would be over. I'm sure another salvo of ICBMs would be launched at the US and everyone loses.

This is why I don't believe any government would be brazen enough to do an attack like that. Rouge elements maybe.

Let me ask you a counter question. How is america going to be able to lunch a counter attack when all its satilites are off line and no longer have GPS tracking for the missles????

Do you honestly believe that China would be able to knock EVERY satelite out? Do you also believe the US wouldnt retaliate through its many partners or NATO? If any country dares to mess with USA with a EMP or Nuclear weapon, they will be taken down in no time.....I dont believe China has the balls to do something so brazen against the US military.......Do they have a death wish???

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Do you honestly believe that China would be able to knock EVERY satelite out? Do you also believe the US wouldnt retaliate through its many partners or NATO? If any country dares to mess with USA with a EMP or Nuclear weapon, they will be taken down in no time.....I dont believe China has the balls to do something so brazen against the US military.......Do they have a death wish???

yes they would be able to knock out every Satellite in geo synchronous orbit. The EMP is detonated above the orbits of satellites. I know its hard to accept but we are venerable.

And all China would have to do with NATO is blow another EMP over Europe. They can take the whole world down to its knees with TWO bombs!!!!!
edit on 8-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Aren't satellites shielded from from EMPs anyway? They get hit with CME from the sun so you would think it the are hardened.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So this EMP detonation you are talking about would work its way the whole way around Earth??? Wouldnt this EMP also affect everyone elses satelites in orbit? Wouldnt that piss off a million other countries and not just the US?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Aren't satellites shielded from from EMPs anyway? They get hit with CME from the sun so you would think it the are hardened.

They are to a point. Their has been reports in the past of CME's taking out a few Satelites. But an EMP, from what i understand, will do the job.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I believe that the US-militairy is well prepared for an EMP attack and that the government has also made preperations for civil utilities. Like the fear for a massive solar flare.......

The question I have is if an EMP can be so massive that it can stop a heart from beating...

link   

EMPs can be countered with the correct assortment of materials and devices. They are not a technological apocalypse. Most of that crap gets exchanged for better tech every 3 or so years anyway.

link   
I think between the subs and allies russia or china would be getting an EMP of their own. Even if they weren't the ones who did it I don't think the U.S. would stand around waiting to see if the were going to launch a follow up attack.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

They are to a point. Their has been reports in the past of CME's taking out a few Satelites. But an EMP, from what i understand, will do the job.

I would agree with standard communications satelites, but with military grade satelites??? You would think that those satelites would be safe against any EMP threat......
edit on 8-12-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

So this EMP detonation you are talking about would work its way the whole way around Earth??? Wouldnt this EMP also affect everyone elses satelites in orbit? Wouldnt that piss off a million other countries and not just the US?

NO, an EMP works on Line of sight. at 300 miles up over america its able to take out the 48 states. You would then need another EMP over europe to take out NATO.

The EMP would only effect satelites in that GEO synic orbit.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

NO, an EMP works on Line of sight. at 300 miles up over america its able to take out the 48 states. You would then need another EMP over europe to take out NATO.

United States has satelites all around the world, its not like all of our countries satelites are over the United States and only the United States

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by korath
I think between the subs and allies russia or china would be getting an EMP of their own. Even if they weren't the ones who did it I don't think the U.S. would stand around waiting to see if the were going to launch a follow up attack.

Please read the thread, ive said it many times. how is your sub going to lunch a nuke when all the satellites are off line in your area.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

United States has satelites all around the world, its not like all of our countries satelites are over the United States

you cant Communicate with other satellites around the world unless you are in line of site. The way they communicate with satellites from around the world is by bouncing the signal off other satellites. If the satellites are off line above you, you cant talk to the one on the other side of the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

I believe that the US-militairy is well prepared for an EMP attack and that the government has also made preperations for civil utilities. Like the fear for a massive solar flare.......

The question I have is if an EMP can be so massive that it can stop a heart from beating...

Yes, if that heart is using a pacemaker. Think everything electronic stopping.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

United States has satelites all around the world, its not like all of our countries satelites are over the United States

you cant Communicate with other satellites around the world unless you are in line of site. The way they communicate with satellites from around the world is by bouncing the signal off other satellites. If the satellites are off line above you, you cant talk to the one on the other side of the world.

Well couldnt our nuclear subs, carriers, etc be able to communicate with the satelites? They are obviously out in the Oceans around the world and the satelites that arent EMP'd would still be good... Doesnt it still seem plausible that the US would be able to strike either Russia or China back in the event that we were attacked?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The co-ordinates are already pre-programmed my friend. They don't need or use GPS, but they use GSP for guidance.

The Gyro Stabilized Platform (GSP) measures acceleration and transforms it to velocity which is provided with attitude information to the guidance computer during flight. This data is required so that accurate and proper flight control of the missile is obtained. The GSP also provides level detector and gyrocompass information and accepts control signals so that platform attitude constants are obtained and the platform is properly aligned prior to missile launch.

Source: www.techbastard.com...

Also there is no way that the system can be jammed or interfered with, so EMP won't work.

The MGS is an inertial guidance system which directs the flight of the missile. The guidance system operates continuously while the missile is in alert status, thus enabling the missile to be launched in less than one minute.

Once the missile is launched, the guidance system cannot be changed or affected from the ground, a feature which prevents enemy interference with the planned trajectory of the missile.

Source: www.techbastard.com...

Those are the land based missiles that are based in Alaska which would be out of range of said EMP attack, not to mention other silos around the world.

The Trident IIs are in the boomers and use inertial guidance which is basically stellar line of sight targeting.

Trident II (D5) missiles are deployed in Ohio- class (Trident) submarines, each carrying 24 missiles.

The Trident II (D5) is a three-stage, solid-propellant, inertially guided FBM with a range of more than 4,000 nautical miles (4,600 statute miles). Trident II is more sophisticated than Trident I (C4) with a significantly greater payload capability. All three stages of the Trident II are made of lighter, stronger, stiffer graphite epoxy, whose integrated structure means considerable weight saving. The missile’s range is increased by the aerospike, a telescoping outward extension that reduces frontal drag by about 50 percent. Trident II is launched by the pressure of expanding gas within the launch tube. When the missile attains sufficient distance from the submarine, the first stage motor ignites, the aerospike extends and the boost stage begins. Within about two minutes, after the third stage motor kicks in, the missile is traveling in excess of 20,000 feet (6,096 meters) per second.

Source: www.navy.mil...

Not to mention the bases such as Diego Garcia and the likes that could launch bombers with nuclear weapons.

Believe you me, the war hawks at places such as Westpoint have devised the attack scenario you laid out many times already and have strategies in place to counter attack.

I am not saying the the United States is invincible, I'm just stating the reason why such an attack has never occurred on the US since the advent of nuclear weapons. No one will win this war it will be lights out and game over for all.

Makes you feel all warm and tingly inside doesn't it? (/sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Can someone say: FEARMONGERING?

Nothing else to say, 1 EMP will wipe all US satellites...Werent you the 1% too? Why do you worry about us puny humans?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join