It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERYONE Should Be Scared of This! EMP!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

You can also read about the Russian K experiment which had a lot smaller yield then the 1962 experiment the US conducted. Russia even did their test over a populated aria. The Russian experiment took out underground circuits and a lot lot more.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by camaro68ss

50 000 v is old school from the 1960s. To day there exists super EMP weapons that can produce a lot more voltage. By so called second and third generation weapons.

Russia is also a lot further than the US within this field of study.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

More curiosity...but are we talking about AC or DC voltage...I mean DC has been pumping out forever sure...and AC newer to this generation has found out that 100,000 volts is common...but what about the EMP's we are talking about? Are they AC or DC?

Just curious...makes a difference ya know?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is an EMP generator...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
This is an EMP generator...

www.youtube.com...

Sorry but that is not a generator of anything....where is the source power generated?

That very well could be the effects of an EMP...but who and what is supplying that power?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Ok. Lets see if can remember all this .)

A EMP resembles a AC current, but a EMP is more like one tall spike.

The blast knocks electrons out of the atoms at high altatude and shoots them with high speed towards the ground.
These electrons traveling at high speed towards the ground produce a very high pulse of electric current. But its just one spike its not a current it's just the one spike. And then it ripples of because the electrons will be deflected by the earths magnetic field.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

50 000 v is old school from the 1960s. To day there exists super EMP weapons that can produce a lot more voltage. By so called second and third generation weapons.

Russia is also a lot further than the US within this field of study.

More curiosity...but are we talking about AC or DC voltage...I mean DC has been pumping out forever sure...and AC newer to this generation has found out that 100,000 volts is common...but what about the EMP's we are talking about? Are they AC or DC?

Just curious...makes a difference ya know?

It is EM PULSE, which is transition voltage of short duration, rapid ramp up voltage, rapid voltage decay. The problem with EMP is the speed of light. The pulse will be travelling at the SOL. The ramp up voltage will strike some of the solder leads on ICs while the other leads are not yet impacted. That is a difference in voltage which causes current to flow. As the pulse wave passes over the ICs leads at the SOL, other leads will be at extreme negative voltage while other leads are at extreme positive voltage. All this happening in femto-seconds (billionths). This extreme difference in voltage between leads of each IC induced through space (not even through wires although that does act as an antenna for amplifying effects called gain) is the reason for internal current to suddenly flood beyond what insulating properties and current carry limit properties exist for all ICs. Voltage present when there is a path to return to neutral called a conductor, converts that presence of voltage (potential energy) into current (kinetic energy).

I'm FCC licensed, NMEA licensed, 20+ years military electronics followed by another 20+ years of electronics as a contractor for the same armed force. I know tempest certification, EMP hardened electronics since 1971.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by jerryznv

Ok. Lets see if can remember all this .)

A EMP resembles a AC current, but a EMP is more like one tall spike.

The blast knocks electrons out of the atoms at high altatude and shoots them with high speed towards the ground.
These electrons traveling at high speed towards the ground produce a very high pulse of electric current.

Ahhh...found the answer to my own question....

and no one knows for sure:

AC/DC?

A very high pulse of electricity does not account for amperage...not as yet anyway...unless someone has stumbled upon something else?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

These electrons traveling at high speed towards the ground produce a very high pulse of electric current.

Current...now that is my question..how much current?

Half an amp...500 amps...how much?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

It depends on the voltage and the conduction/insulation path between the positive and negative voltages. Ohm Law demonstrates that as the resistance is lowered for any given voltage, the current will increase. That's why when some electronics starts to "smoke", the carbonization of the hot components is lower in resistance causing the current to increase, which makes those burning components even hotter. Goes into runaway until either the current path burns open (infinite resistance) or the voltage source is removed (a fuse blows or a breaker trips).

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Keeping your appliances unplugged when not using them may protect them from such event. I think an emp alarm can be bought and plugged in your bedroom at night. Some nuclear physist lady who is retired, posted on the internet to always drive with the radio on. If it cuts off, get out and disconnect your car's battery cables, take your bug out bag and look for shelter such as a highway overpass and wait 72 hour in case of nuclear fall out before proceeding onto somewhere else. She said to keep ponchos and shower caps in this BOB with water, canned food, space blankets, matches, and a dosimeter. Honestly I don't think this would happen, most leaders aren't idiots. China owns us financially already don't they? Besides we all have to get along, we all live here together like it or not. No one group is super special.
edit on 7-12-2011 by frugal because: sp

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

reply to post by spy66

It depends on the voltage and the conduction/insulation path between the positive and negative voltages. Ohm Law demonstrates that as the resistance is lowered for any given voltage, the current will increase. That's why when some electronics starts to "smoke", the carbonization of the hot components is lower in resistance causing the current to increase, which makes those burning components even hotter. Goes into runaway until either the current path burns open (infinite resistance) or the voltage source is removed (a fuse blows or a breaker trips).

Oh ya...ohms law...I = V / R!

I guess it depend on what it hits!

If an electrical current of .05 amps hits my house...I am okay...but if it hits my outlet...well then up the amperage a bit and either DC or AC...I could experience a breaker popping!

See what I mean?

Resistance is the key here I guess...we all need a lightening rod!

Thanks spy66...I suppose this is out of my expertise!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

That depends on where the EMP goes of. The EMP will not look like the image the OP posted. It will look like a "U" From North to South do to the Magnetic field.

The EMP will be strongest where the electrons are deflected and compressed at high speed. But i dont know what amps there will be at that location.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

That depends on where the EMP goes of. The EMP will not look like the image the OP posted. It will look like a "U" From North to South do to the Magnetic field.

The EMP will be strongest where the electrons are deflected and compressed at high speed. But i dont know what amps there will be at that location.

How do we know this?

Or rather how do you know this...why a "U" form?

Seems to me that a wave of flux would be less controlled...east and west...or north and south poles would cause a drop zone in the flux of the current ( and amperage)...but why a "U"?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If there is an EMP attack it will likely have come from Iran or NK - being used as proxies of course by the Russian and Chinese in concert with the NWO elites.

They are known to have been helped to develop 'super EMP' weapons by Russian scientists and they have various means to deliver them, modified coastal freighters, ICBM's, subs and even satellites.

In the case of Iran their aim is to start WWIII to bring back their Mahdi - and is undoubtedy part of what their ominous threats about 'unspecified retaliation' in the event of an Israeli attack are all about. The Iranians are of course pushing the Israelis buttons for all they are worth, precisley to ensure an attack.

For NK - all they need to do is move their entire military into their huge network of nuclear proof bunkers they have been hollowing out of their granite mountainsides for the last 60 yrs. Probably destroying Seoul before they go, when they emerge, the US is history and they can take SK with ease.

The NWO has co-opted both the Russians and the Chinese on board - that is why they have become more capitalist (state facist) whilst the West has been communised - all that needs to be done now is take down the US as a military power, and to get the Israelis to solve the Arab Muslim problem for them (Samson Option)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Ok, I think I get that. In that case would that not also cause a potential risk to other places? Would it be possible for the pulse to travel along the magnetic field lines and potentially have affects elsewhere and not only the intended target. Although if it did that I can see the effects more likely dissipating and the earths magnetic field just absorbing it.

As a matter of fact from what I have read on EMPs it is said that if one is set off in the right place that the magnetic field of the Earth can boost the power of the EMP and do even more damage. The links below say that even under ground devices can be killed by an EMP.

science.howstuffworks.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

How do we know this?

Or rather how do you know this...why a "U" form?

Seems to me that a wave of flux would be less controlled...east and west...or north and south poles would cause a drop zone in the flux of the current ( and amperage)...but why a "U"?

I know this because of earth curvature. Earth has a curved magnetic field. It tilts downwards. If a blast is set of above earth atmosphere the blast will first hit the atmosphere, When it hits the atmosphere, the force will push the electrons downwards towards the ground.

Its like if you hit a ball of center. The ball will be pushed in a specific direction. If you get my point? That is how the electrons will be pushed towards the ground.

Just imagine that earth is a ball. You wont hit the US with the EMP if you aim smack in the middle. The blast has to be to the north, because that is were the US is located on earth.

Its not a good explanation, but English is not my language so its hard to explain.

It is because of earth curvature you get the U shape. Much of the blast will be deflected away because of the curvature. Earth is more curved up north, then it is by the equator for instant.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Working on a car one day, a piece of bare wire positive battery stuck under my skin while my elbow with an open cut was laying against the neagtive frame of the car. Under your skin, pole-to-pole is very low resistance. A conductive path under the skin of my arm blew out that took me years to recover from. Sometime voltage can be low, but when the resistance is VERY low, the current can be huge. Ow.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A comprehensive article about the EMP threat!

Super-EMP weapons

Last but not least, senior Russian EMP experts warned the EMP Commission that “brain drain” from Russia enabled North Korea to make what the Russians call “Super-EMP” weapons.11 According to Russian open sources, these are small, low-yield nuclear weapons that can generate extraordinarily powerful EMP fields, many times more powerful than the E1 EMP from a multi-megaton weapon.

Both of North Korea’s nuclear weapons tests that produced low yield “fizzles” look very like what would be expected from a “Super-EMP” weapon. According to open source reporting, South Korean military intelligence claims North Korea is receiving Russian help developing “Super-EMP” weapons.

13 Moreover, the EMP Commission discovered from its investigations that, as noted in the Commission’s unclassified Executive Report, “Certain types of relatively low-yield nuclear weapons can be employed to generate potentially catastrophic EMP effects over wide geographic areas, and designs for variants of such weapons may have been illicitly trafficked for a quarter-century.”

14 On a related matter, Dr. Butt incorrectly asserts that “due to the fact that the super-EMP weapon will be directional, it is unlikely to effect a large part of the country.” In fact, a “Super-EMP” weapon can be designed to be directional (the more challenging design) or to cover broad area (the simpler design). The simplest design of a “Super-EMP” nuclear weapon, configured for broad area coverage, could generate extraordinarily high EMP fields over the entire contiguous United States.

www.thespacereview.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
No one has mentioned that all the nuclear power plants would go into melt down, the whole world would be ruined. No one is helping Japan? After WWII no one cares about those people, bad karma returns mightily. What ever awful thing someone does, comes back upon them 1000 times over. It is amazing how the Universe corrects misdeeds upon the evil doer. I have seen this happen in real life over and over. It may take a while but the correction is eventually made. Treat others with respect and they to you, all will live in peace.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Good enough for me...explains it all!

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join