It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERYONE Should Be Scared of This! EMP!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

The pulse is an EMP. It's what causes the damage. Without enough energy, it will not damage.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

Sad thing is, for a new system to be put into place, the old one must fall as a whole. Most people are not willing to make that leap of faith. I used to think I had all the answers but the more I look at the real problems that we face, the more I think that the system just has to run it's course. There's nothing we can really do about it at this point in time. The only thing anyone could ever do to change the course would have to be done AFTER the collapse, and by that point there will be other temptations at play, I'm sure. (think electronic currency after months or years of starving. Most ppl would welcome the chips with open arms, not even knowing their true purpose)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by spy66

The pulse is an EMP. It's what causes the damage. Without enough energy, it will not damage.

No its not. A EMP are electron moving through air at close to the speed of light. Electrons that have been pushed from the atoms in the atmosphere. The Blast is not a EMP.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
A high altitude nuclear airburst (AKA EMP Strike) is nothing new, the US Military during the cold war realized that if WW III started it would probably start with an EMP strike over the US Midwest.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

This is the real danger, isnt it?

Ive gotten into so many discussions with people convinced the USA would "win" a nuclear war. I think the word win is preposterous in a case like that. I contend that one EMP burst over North America would be enough to make the US a "loser".

Todays people depend so very much on their cars, Ipods, cellphones, and so much more. The chaos and confusion would be indescribable. People unable to start their cars and do something as simple as drive home. They wouldnt be able to contact loved ones in other towns. Worry and despair would set in, shortly followed by panicked looting and rioting. People in the countryside might be able to make a go of this world, but the cityfolk would very quickly turn against one another.

One simply needs to look at a relatively minor disaster such as Hurricane Katrina to see how people will behave in such a situation. Have this disaster in each and every US city and town, combined with the lack of transportation bringing in much needed supplies and lack of communication, and we have nothing less than the collapse of Western civilization.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

The blast is not the pulse.

The action of moving electrons is a pulse. An electric pulse.

One of the properties of pulses is a decrease in energy as volume of space increases with energy used being held constant. As an area increases, a pulse weakens.

This is why you cannot send a radio signal to another star. By the time it gets to the star, the diameter of the pulse is so large that the pulse itself is too weak to be audible at the other star.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I get a visual of a little evil man sitting and reading through laughing at all the great ideas.

Unfortunatly it makes sense now. If China would have tried to go to war with us then they would be damaging themselves since we buy all their crap, oh ahem I mean stuff. BUT if they were to totaly knock us off our pedestal in one big blow then that would put them in check mate. They would be able to reestablish how much their money is worth considering the dollar would crash instantly.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

If I was China and I was looking to knock out the USA, my first move would be an EMP blast over the USA. You don’t attack your enemy at their strongest point. You find there weakness in the line and attack there.

Another scary note, I was talking to my uncle who is a Major in the army and he tells me that 95% of all the armies equipment is not hardened for an EMP attack. I’m telling you guys, if WWIII happens, be ready for an EMP blast!

heres some more info on the matter

www.thedailysheeple.com...
edit on 7-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

China doesn't want to take us out. We are the only people who buy all their crap.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I get a visual of a little evil man sitting and reading through laughing at all the great ideas.

Unfortunatly it makes sense now. If China would have tried to go to war with us then they would be damaging themselves since we buy all their crap, oh ahem I mean stuff. BUT if they were to totaly knock us off our pedestal in one big blow then that would put them in check mate. They would be able to reestablish how much their money is worth considering the dollar would crash instantly.

No, after your stuff is deemed useless Chine will sell you all that you need for a good price.

But since the dollar is useless i guess you have to pay with labour or land. If they own you they also own the land.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Stok3r

Owning humans is priceless, Humans are the items that produces real value.

So who cares about the dollar, if they have you.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pivilu
reply to post by steveknows

Huh?

What does your post have to do with the price of tomatoes? I don't believe that anybody here is unhappy with their English speaking world. Or that most people on this website have a predilection for losing any conflicts with either real or imagined foes.

Back to the EMP scenario, I have read One Second After and it did make me think about buying an old car. And establishing a worst-case-scenario emergency plan for my immediate family.

Read through the posts on this and other threads. So many say that China will kick butt and it's only because they want the U.S to be the loser in a conflict. I don't think it's off topic at all I think it's relevant to the topic. For god sake you've people saying that one EMP blast would take out the whole country and then china will walk in.

I'm not American so I'm thinking this on a one sided point of view. There's always this doom and gloom the west will lose crap. So much of it so that some people have got to be not happy with where they are.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Any country would be quite foolish to attack the U.S. with nukes...we have more than just about any other country...Nuking us spells doom for the initiating country.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stok3r

Originally posted by camaro68ss

If I was China and I was looking to knock out the USA, my first move would be an EMP blast over the USA. You don’t attack your enemy at their strongest point. You find there weakness in the line and attack there.

Another scary note, I was talking to my uncle who is a Major in the army and he tells me that 95% of all the armies equipment is not hardened for an EMP attack. I’m telling you guys, if WWIII happens, be ready for an EMP blast!

heres some more info on the matter

www.thedailysheeple.com...
edit on 7-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

China doesn't want to take us out. We are the only people who buy all their crap.

No you're not the only people who buy their crap. Most of the world does.
edit on 8-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Thats not the point.

Chinas military is growing, and Russia is modernizing theirs. As they become more powerful, they will be less likely to sit back and take the abuse America dishes out. Now im not saying China or Russia are better, but the USA has used their military to create hedgmony on the worlds resources. Resources China desperately needs in order to keep its economy booming.

A military confrontation is not a matter of somthing they would want, but somthing that may happen reguardless.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Read through the posts on this and other threads. So many say that China will kick butt and it's only because they want the U.S to be the loser in a conflict. I don't think it's off topic at all I think it's relevant to the topic. For god sake you've people saying that one EMP blast would take out the whole country and then china will walk in.

I'm not American so I'm thinking this on a one sided point of view. There's always this doom and gloom the west will lose crap. So much of it so that some people have got to be not happy with where they are.

Steve you make a valid point regarding we are worried about losing (fill in the blank).
1. Many Americans are very happy and very cushy. Hard work is in the good old days.
2. We (America) is not 100% liked and loved around the globe, actually many countries dislike us intensely. This said, we do have a bulls eye right on us.
3. Americans are losing liberties every day. Slowly the country is taken the citizens’ rights away in the name of homeland security, arms control, you name it. I think instead of looking at the powers that be as the culprit of taking away our crap (your words), we worry about countries being the one to take our crap.

Now back on topic
edit on 8-12-2011 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow! Is there ever a lot of fear mongering going on in this thread.

An EMP blast from a single nuke from said altitude would not knock out everything in the continental US. As the blast travels outward its power and intensity dissipates. It would have very little affect at all.

Know what you're talking about and do some research before you start spreading fear. This scenario would never play out anyway for the same reason WW III never happened during the cold war. It's called mutually assured destruction.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

Originally posted by steveknows

Steve you make a valid point regarding we are worried about losing (fill in the blank).
1. Many Americans are very happy and very cushy. Hard work is in the good old days.
2. We (America) is not 100% liked and loved around the globe, actually many countries dislike us intensely. This said, we do have a bulls eye right on us.
3. Americans are losing liberties every day. Slowly the country is taken the citizens’ rights away in the name of homeland security, arms control, you name it. I think instead of looking at the powers that be as the culprit of taking away our crap (your words), we worry about countries being the one to take our crap.

Now back on topic
edit on 8-12-2011 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

I didnt' mean the west will lose its crap. I meant the constant idea that the west will lose IS crap. Every western country is losing liberties and every western country has a wealthy healthy cushy lifestyle not just the U.S and has never been just the U.S but it doesn't mean that China can take out a whole country with one EMP blast and then just walk in. I am staying on topic it's just that some people are so hell bent on the idea that the west in general and the U.S in particular can't stand up to china that it's become a joke.
edit on 8-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Every electronic piece of kit the US has in Inventory was tested and can withstand electromagnetic pulses of a certain strenght. Which depends on yield and distance the Nuke goes Boom.

They have highly paid people to think about these problems. And even if someone manages to wipe out most of the military Infrastructure of the US in a massive first strike, there are still ballistic Submarine undetectable and untouchable waiting under the Ice of the North Pole to take revenge for anything that happened. Research documents the US has on this topic are filling more Files than a single person could read in his entire Life.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There's only one way a country with nuclear weapons could beat another country with nuclear weapons to the punch without suffering from the MAD factor.

This would be to put people on the ground to take out the enemies silos prior to launching your own ICBM's And that is one mission that would be a failure before it even started.

An EMP isn't going to take out a whole country and it most definately isn't going to take out their strike capability. And though people are saying that it will be done through proxy doesn't make any difference. Every country with nuke ICBM's has pre arranged targets and the very second any one of those countries is hit it's just going to let theirs go at those targets regardless of who started it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Thats not the point.

Chinas military is growing, and Russia is modernizing theirs. As they become more powerful, they will be less likely to sit back and take the abuse America dishes out. Now im not saying China or Russia are better, but the USA has used their military to create hedgmony on the worlds resources. Resources China desperately needs in order to keep its economy booming.

A military confrontation is not a matter of somthing they would want, but somthing that may happen reguardless.

And you have just sumed it up. If anythng China is developing it's capability to put troops on the ground in answer to the U.S. The whole Chinese army can't be moved but x amount of troops to answer to the U.S is something it can or will soon be able to do. It will want to protect its area of influence just as the U.S does. But China has as much chance of taking out the U.S without destroying itself as the U.S has of doing the same to China which is none.
edit on 8-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join