It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
SOURCE

New emails have come out that say we were right about the attack by a federal agency on our constitutional rights.

Documents obtained by CBS News show that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) discussed using their covert operation "Fast and Furious" to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales.

In baby steps they lead us off the cliff into tyranny.

Over the protest of the citizens involved in these sales the ATF forced them to sell the weapons to obvious badguys. Then the ATF would use these sales as examples to destroy our only means of defending ourselves from them...

ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.

I'm past demanding these folks be held accountable. I'm for a complete dissolution of any and all federal law enforcement bureaucracies. ATF should be a convenience store in this country, not a menace to our freedom or liberty.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Funny.

The only case they've made after all the money, crimes and deaths is that the federal government is too irresponsible to posses firearms.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I have to concur with your statement.

They have proven time and time again that they are against the peoples rights in the US, and want to strip us of our power to protect ourselves from the crooks who are really commiting the crimes, THEM.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Link to this topic by worthy member jibeho...please express your thoughts on the first post (his) and lets stop the diffusion of our outrage.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Someone beat you too it by 7 minutes. Or you just copied them

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

sounds to me as if the u.s. is now learning how to remove all of your rights ,such as the right to bear arms through these new policies . i wonder where they could have come up with this glorious idea.look up to Canada for this style of madness . they brought in gun control up here ,every gun has to registered with the police which of course has a fee attached to it every year.new form of taxation.and you need a firearms acquisition permit to buy a gun.you also need a permit to buy ammo . so far this useless system has cost the taxpayers over a billion dollars for a failure .
all the street gangs up here have all kinds of illegal guns even prohibited weapons [pistols] they even have mac 10`s and 11`s and this is our gun control at work . funny thing is that the day they implemented this crap they the government estimated that 1.2 million guns went under ground [not registered].
the police access this list just about every time they get a call to go to a home address and it does not matter if there is any complaint of violence .

GUN CONTROL or is it a percurser to the military and boys in blue coming to take away all of your guns just so you can`t hurt anyone as it is good for you and the general populace it will as they will try to tell you bring down the crime rate . never helped up here as the numbers are still growing .
if you believe their lies the great us will now be fashioned after canada.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Funny.

The only case they've made after all the money, crimes and deaths is that the federal government is too irresponsible to posses firearms.

This could possible be the best statement ever made on ATS!

Love it!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. Anyone in this government who gave this operation a green light, either directly or through their silence, should be impeached and removed from office, and perhaps brought up on charges. People on both sides of the border lost their lives because of this and now, we find that what many of us suspected all along is also true: they were merely using it as an end-around to attack the rights of our own citizens.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
Link to this topic by worthy member jibeho...please express your thoughts on the first post (his) and lets stop the diffusion of our outrage.

Thread closed.

top topics

join