It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Planes flying in same holdiing pattern above Las Vegas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Looks like a PMCF (Post Maintainance Check Flight) profile to me. On larger aircraft, if repairs are done to the fuel system, you would fly a profile like that to make sure that everything works right. If at any time you had a failure, you would have the altitude and be close enough to make an emergency landing.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
FAKE TESTING of "SPY DRONES"! to make the Iranian drone issue more real like.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UkieJohn

lol - why would they "fake test" spy drones, when there's plenty of real testing been done, the drones do actually exist, etc??

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
My guess is that it could be related to the helicopter crash yesterday. Could be search crews?

www.usatoday.com...

That was later in the evening at around 0200-z or 6pm local time. The daylight of the pictures and location confirm this.

The helicopter crashed to the SW (out near Boulder City) and the OP is describing out to the NW (Nellis and North Town) area.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
FAKE TESTING of "SPY DRONES"! to make the Iranian drone issue more real like. = Make it "stick out" so it seems we "must" re-test our drone systems, because of "fake" problems. ~~~ just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
My guess is that it could be related to the helicopter crash yesterday. Could be search crews?

www.usatoday.com...

This says the helicopter crashed just before 5 pm. The planes I saw were finished flying at 3:15pm. Doubt this is related, but you gave me hope for a second

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yes I can see how one can be confused by the plane with the bridge. However, I can't see how one can be confused by a flight plan flying over a completely different part of a city versus the naked eye. Maybe I will eventually get there though.

No I didn't realize the tracking you showed was a day off from what I was looking at.

FlightAware says that it is suppose to be a 7 min delay, up to 15 min if I remember correctly, which is what I have used to look at in the conversations we have had with our other posts.

Even though I don't agree with you at times, I do appreciate your insight. Just because I can't see what you see, and fight like hell because I can't, doesn't mean that I don't eventually want to be able to see things differently.

I do appreciate the fact that you have toned it down though and became more helpful versus that box you use to be up on. It helps a lot if you want to get "help" people to understand that there is a flaw in their thinking. You are much nicer this way

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Not sure why you care at all how long the thread is, and what people are questioning. If you have something helpful to add to the conversation, I am eager to hear it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
They weren't drones. If it was, there was no way I would of been able to see the higher one because it was much too big to be a drone at that altitude. Not to mention the lower one was pretty low, and circled many times in front of me, it was definitely an aircraft, and from the tracking site Proudbird supplied, and looking at the pictures, they are pretty much identical to what he supplied. The wing shape and the bright white coloring where way to close to not be that IMO.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

I live in Las Vegas. Couple weeks ago I observed two aircraft circling above Las Vegas near Sahara and Decatur. For those not familiar with the area, this is just a mile or so west of the of the Stratosphere. Nowhere near Nellis AFB. This area is dense with residential and retail buildings.

The planes were flying EXTREMELY close to one another, in the exact same flight pattern. Some serious Blue Angel #. They were at a very low altitude, maybe 2000' when I spotted them. They were flying in a tight circle. It looked like it was the tightest circle the larger jet could handle. Each circle took them lower and lower. We observed about 10 laps over the course of maybe 20 minutes until any lower and they would've been hitting power lines One was a large jet, at least the size of one of the Southwest 737s but to me it looked even bigger than that. It was white. The other was a very small aircraft. It was the size of a very small jet, or possibly even a propeller plane, also white. Then they took off and out of our site. We were driving when this was happening and ended up pretty much right under them before the left.

It was pretty gd weird, never seen anything like it in my 31 years. I'm going to go with either some sort of NASA or military testing or Hollywood out here making a movie that needs some cool shots of planes flying low in Las Vegas.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeysnob

Or you could have researched them with flightaware or even a pair of binoculars rather than performing necrophilia on a 2 year old thread just 'cos you saw some planes.....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join