It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't christians eat horse?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClanDonnachaidh

Originally posted by PrimalRed
So i guess it is true, there are no standards when it comes to the conspiracy in religions forum. All i have to do is add some religion in the title and its cool. I bet if this would not fly in any other forum
UFOs and Aliens- Why don't UFOs eat horses
Social Unrest- Why dont we eat the 1%'s horses
Political- Why does Obama not eat horse
So why did you post it,just to have a dig at christians?,pathetic!

accusing Christians of not eating horses is "having a dig" ? Sensitive much?
Fine, i take it back you christian horse eater

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why should Christians eat anything they do not want to? My Lord allows me to eat as I please. Horses could be included. As a society, we deem horses to be domesticated as pets, which I disagree.
Does eating them or not make any difference?

edit on 12/7/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It actually does say that you can't eat horse in the bible.

Deuteronomy 14:7
Nevertheless these you shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that have cloven hooves; as the camel, and the hare, and the rock badger: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore they are unclean unto you.

Chew the cud means eats vegetation for people that don't know.
Horses don't have a split hoof.

However, The new testament reveals that all food is ok to eat.
Not all of it is healthy for you though.
edit on 7-12-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Why don't blank eat blank, and why do these people eat pigs and blah blah blah. Sorry. I probably shouldn't reply, as I do believe in free speech, but there seems to be an Awful lot of who eats what, and what will we eat if blank.........seems like there is someone or something really hated out there In the world, and you know whatever that is hates the subject of whatever is eaten, so some keep pounding away at it. Who cares what you eat--why is that so important to anyone? No wonder anorexia is such a problem. Seems like another agenda going on lately, manipulating us by our biological hierarchy of needs--which if that's what's happening, it's obvious that whomever eugenicked us, they were really screwing with us so one day they could write such things and make us feel guilty about the circumstances we were put into.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by samsamm9

I hear its illegal to eat unicorns in hogwartz.

hogwartz obviously doesn't exist

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

But Unicorns do...?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Christians eat whatever they damn well want to.

That is what makes Christianity the best religion in the world.

I like my horse meat wrapped in bacon. YUM.

link   
I am not being facetious but isn't horse meat fairly common in Europe, Asia, Canada and South America? I think it is just a cultural thing. I just dont think it's advertised too much, not sure why. I think there was a law about eating your transportation.

link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

But Unicorns do...?

God thinks they are real.

Job 39:9-12
9Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? 10Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee? 11Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him? 12Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?

Other Unicorn References
Psalm 29:6
Isaiah 34:7

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

But Unicorns do...?

It was an attempt at humor ... hahaha

edit on 7-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'd eat a unicorn!

Unicorn in a can! It's out there, look it up on Google lol

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

That's quite interesting. Never heard tale of Unicorns being mentioned in The Bible!
edit on 7-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

next i supposed your gonna come up with something about santa claus not living at the north pole!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by GmoS719

That's quite interesting. Never heard tale of Unicorns being mentioned in The Bible!
edit on 7-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

And A dinosaur!

Job 40:15-24

15Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 18His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. 19He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 20Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. 21He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. 22The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. 23Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I'd eat a unicorn!

Unicorn in a can! It's out there, look it up on Google lol

Only if it's kocher or halal

link   
We do..Horseradish..

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Im christian, and according to my knowledge we dont have any food regulations. I dont eat horse because i dont want to. Why would i want to eat a big animal like that? Thats like eating my dog. Why are we legalizing horse? Because obama wants the US to be like Asia and we can sell it to them

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I can take this as sarcasm at the other threads of like variety...OK.

Or, I can tell you why the Christians I know...which are all Americans, typically don't eat horse.

Where I come from, a horse is your friend.Your horse is right up there with your dog and your wife, and not in any genral order. You count on each of them, they have your back at all times, they are your mate, your guide, and your guard... and as stated, a friend... I actually spend more time with my horses and my dogs than I do with people...wife is the exception.

A lot of people may think that the "cowboy" mentality is passe' or quaint or a myth... let me tell you, friend. Someone tries to eat my horse, my dog, or my wife and I will kill them... dead. and my neighbors feel the same way... you can hear it in their voice and see it in their actions... horses are cherished family members.

Around here in NC.. and a whole lotta other places, ...we don't take kindly to folks eating a horse. Dang it, now ya got me all worked up.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Doesn't say kosher on the can lol

No foolin' - Unicorn meat is real! Excellent source of sparkles! Rick Bite Unicorns, as we all know, frolic all over the world, pooping rainbows and marshmallows wherever they go. What you don't know is that when unicorns reach the end of their lifespan, they are drawn to County Meath, Ireland. The Sisters at Radiant Farms have dedicated their lives to nursing these elegant creatures through their final days. Taking a cue from the Kobe beef industry, they massage each unicorn's coat with Guinness daily and fatten them on a diet comprised entirely of candy corn. As the unicorn ages, its meat becomes fatty and marbled and the living bone in the horn loses density in a process much like osteoporosis. The horn's outer layer of keratin begins to develop a flavor very similar to candied almonds. Blending the crushed unicorn horn into the meat adds delightful, crispy flavor notes in each bite. We are confident you will find a world of bewilderment in every mouthful of scrumptious unicorn meat.

It is actually kind of funny, even has a butcher poster showing the different areas you get with butchering a unicorn.

Unicorn in a can

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Someone tries to eat my horse, my dog, or my wife and I will kill them... dead.

HAHA
Hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join