It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MESSED UP: Writer from "Famly Guy" TV Show Details His Arrest at Occupy LA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

As I said in my first posts on this thread, PTSD is not a disorder or a mental illness.

Really? Post Traumatic Stress DISORDER is not a "disorder"???

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Your outrageous reply reminds me of the (late) TV character, Emily Latella, in the original SNL (Saturday Night Live) Series back in the late 1970's ... at the very end of every newscast, she said, "oops, nevermind" ... because she didn't accurately grasp what others were saying and misunderstood the intent of their story.

I never said ALL police officers are sociopaths. I personally know many who aren't. I am not going to re-write my post, so I'll leave it at this -- I used a family relative as an example of bad law-enforcement with underlying socio-pathology because I have a front-row seat to his dysfunction and disorder. I did also mention, going forward, that as the good, decent cops retire, sociopaths will take their places, and at some point in the future, more than half of all law enforcement positions will be filled with sociopaths. Sociopaths hire each other.

Go back and re-read the post and you'll see how off-target and absurd your knee-jerk response really is. Maybe you can save face if you respond with .. "oops nevermind" . .. but .. whatever?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Jana12

As I said in my first posts on this thread, PTSD is not a disorder or a mental illness.

Correct ... I don't believe it is. Most PTSD sufferers, unlike sociopaths, are not toxic people.

IMO, 'emotional injury/trauma' vs. 'emotional disorder' are very different. Most people with PTSD have empathy and a conscience, not all, but most ... usually, unless they have another mental illness along with the PTSD.

Many people with actual diagnosed emotional-mental disorders usually lack a conscience and/or empathy, (excluding Bi-Polar Disorder), such as those diagnosed with NPD or socio-pathology/psychopathy, as they lack regard for others ... to name one flaw of many.

Let's agree to disagree.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Poor poor rulers of the planet---guess they aren't gonna go quietly. Dethroning toxic rulers of a planet can be a real pain sometimes.

RIDDLE to the Illuminati clock- 12-8-2011

I'm afraid it does have something to do with your Sun----but also things a little stranger... do not be afraid you will adapt. You always have.
Fortunately,
most of you should be desensitized enough through media entertainment to not totally freak out and have your fear kill you. Yeah the fear you say you don't have
Not all the rulers are bad and they do legitimately care for you. But the ones that got a stranglehold on your good rulers, this planet, and this realm need to be intervened on.

Terms have already been made with the ones that still refuse to step down...as always defiant til the end.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
As I watch the footage from OWS arrest's around the country and am now watching Russian protests, I find the Russian police to be gentler on it's protesters than the American police. Yeah the former Soviet Union's cop's aren't as violent as American cops. Think about that one. PEACE.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Strype

Originally posted by PrimalRed
Considering they had a 72 hour warning that got stretched another couple days then 2 hours of warnings before the police said they would move in, i do not feel sorry for those people at all. They were pretty much asking for it.

A 72 hour warning of what? That police would be in the area? They weren't do anything wrong. There is nothing illegal about joining hands around a tent in a park.

In fact, there certainly is.

Public property is for ALL the public.

Otherwise, I would move to Central Park and build a mansion right in the middle of it, hire a security force to keep people off my new property, and sue NYC for putting all those benches and sidewalks through my lot.

Harte

So, using your logic, every time a state or government allows an event to be held, put up a stage, allow markets etc, you can DEMAND that they be removed because it is public land for use by ALL.

Where are the Police enforcing this common use of public land for use by all citizens without any inconvenience when there's a state-sanctioned event taking place?

The public (represented by the state) has sanctioned them, that's why.

You want to hold a 3 month demonstration? Do so on your own property. I don't need to be dodging your turds just because my kids want to play on the swing.

There is no constitutional right to assembly on public property without permission. Apply for a permit. If they refuse you, then you might have a case.

By the way, the state would only have to show that if they gave you the permit, your demonstration would interfere with the normal public activities on that public property in order to legally (and constitutionally) refuse to give you a permit.

Harte

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilburMercer
As I watch the footage from OWS arrest's around the country and am now watching Russian protests, I find the Russian police to be gentler on it's protesters than the American police. Yeah the former Soviet Union's cop's aren't as violent as American cops. Think about that one. PEACE.

American policeman are generally very professional as well. What a lot of these videos don;t do is show you the entire story. Like portions of the video showing police asking verbally 20-30 times before it escalates to the use of force.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
Considering they had a 72 hour warning that got stretched another couple days then 2 hours of warnings before the police said they would move in, i do not feel sorry for those people at all. They were pretty much asking for it.

It was a FREE country once. I guess it's not anymore....well we can choose between 24 kinds of donuts.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
LOVE IT! Yeah if a cop raises his voice... its considered excessive force now.... 5 warnings should be enough...

heck my dog listens after the third time!

Please allow me to congratulate you and your dog.

Harte

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
same old oppression from the same old oppressors. It's been this way for a long long time. Here's a song, it's somewhere between 4 to 5 hundred years old. The general public have been oppressed for as long as we've let them get away with it. In this song, we are the diggers.

Here's the last few verses.

The lawyers they conjoin stand up now stand up now
The lawyers they conjoin stand up now
To rescue they advise, such fury they devise, the devil in them lies
And hath blinded both their eyes
Stand up now, stand up now

The clergy they come in stand up now, stand up now
The clergy they come in stand up now
The clergy they come in and say it is a sin
That we should now begin our freedom for to win
Stand up now diggers all

'Gainst lawyers and 'gainst priests stand up now stand up now
'Gainst lawyers and 'gainst priests stand up now
For tyrants they are both, even flat against their oath
To grant us they are loathe free meat and drink and cloth
Stand up now diggers all

The club is all their law, stand up now stand up now
The club is all their law, stand up now
The club is all their law, to keep all men in awe
That they no vision saw to maintain such a law
Stand up now diggers all

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Poor poor rulers of the planet---guess they aren't gonna go quietly. Dethroning toxic rulers of a planet can be a real pain sometimes.

RIDDLE to the Illuminati clock- 12-8-2011

I'm afraid it does have something to do with your Sun----but also things a little stranger... do not be afraid you will adapt. You always have.
Fortunately,
most of you should be desensitized enough through media entertainment to not totally freak out and have your fear kill you. Yeah the fear you say you don't have
Not all the rulers are bad and they do legitimately care for you. But the ones that got a stranglehold on your good rulers, this planet, and this realm need to be intervened on.

Terms have already been made with the ones that still refuse to step down...as always defiant til the end.

That's interesting. Also notice in the upper right corner - a plane in the sky heading towards the part that looks like the Twin Towers (WTC). Subliminal message by google?
edit on 8-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The USA is becoming the former soviet union. Except everybody is too dense to see it. CIA/NSA = KGB.

wire tapping and mistreatment of it's people. yeah great progress we have made since the soviet union fell

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It was a FREE country once. I guess it's not anymore....well we can choose between 24 kinds of donuts.

It has always been like this, in 1798 John Adams made it illegal to talk about the government in a malicious manner.

en.wikisource.org...
Penalty on libelling the governmentThat if any person shall write, print, utter or publish, or shall cause or procure to be written, printed, uttered or published, or shall knowingly and willingly assist or aid in writing, printing, uttering or publishing any false, scandalous and malicious writing or writings against the government of the United States,

There have always been limits on our freedoms.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by WarminIndy

yes, ifyou protest, you deserve to be beaten, if you do not jump through the hopps of retarded pig scum, you deserve to be beaten. everyone should just roll over and let big business get back in bed with govrments, how DARE people even think that any wrong has been done. Please, everyone just go back to your homes and shut up, becasue your goverment are in control.

BS. Big fat steaming piles of BS.

And protesting change for what? What are you wanting to change? This is the problem as I see it, the OWS has not presented any answers in the event they do change things. There was a time in this country when police were paid off by the bad guys and allowed the bad guys to do whatever they want, but the government stepped in and changed the police force.

People are paid now, children do not have to work in factories or coal mines, corporations are required to tell you what is in the food they make you, and the government is working to clean the air because the government stepped in and placed regulations of corporations. Now you want to do away with the government and those corporations, seems to me you want your cake and eat it to and you want to force the baker to bake the cakes free for you.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

i'm actually in a general psychology class in college right now. got a 93% atm O.o.

the first chapter we covered was stress, and for PTSD to be diagnosed (and really every psychological condition) multiple symptoms must be present in an amount that effects the person's life.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

There have always been limits on our freedoms.

Yep, most people fail to realize their rights end where another person's rights begin.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Jana12

Correct ... I don't believe it is. Most PTSD sufferers, unlike sociopaths, are not toxic people.

IMO, 'emotional injury/trauma' vs. 'emotional disorder' are very different. Most people with PTSD have empathy and a conscience, not all, but most ... usually, unless they have another mental illness along with the PTSD.

Many people with actual diagnosed emotional-mental disorders usually lack a conscience and/or empathy, (excluding Bi-Polar Disorder), such as those diagnosed with NPD or socio-pathology/psychopathy, as they lack regard for others ... to name one flaw of many.

Let's agree to disagree.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

nothing that you said here is true. Are you just pulling this stuff out of your ass? lol

what about the term 'disorder' connotes a lack of empathy?

from wiki:
Psychological disorders:
Anxiety disorder, different forms of abnormal and pathological fear and anxiety
Conversion disorder, neurological symptoms such as numbness, blindness, paralysis, or fits, where no neurological explanation is possible
Mental disorder, a psychological or behavioral pattern associated with distress or disability that occurs in an individual and is not a part of normal development or culture
Obsessive–compulsive disorder, an anxiety disorder characterized by repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing anxiety
Obsessive–compulsive personality disorder, obsession with perfection, rules, and organization
Personality disorder, an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the culture of the individual who exhibits it

Seems to me like you read one idiotic explanation of psychopathy, and decided that thats the only thing you need to know about psychology to have an informed opinion.

I'd say lets agree to disagree, but i cant agree with that. Why spread misinformation, especially when you have no idea what your talking about?

Psychopathy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Psychopath" redirects here. For other uses, see Psychopath (disambiguation).
Not to be confused with Psychosis, Psychopathology, or Autistic Psychopathy.
Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2]) is a mental disorder characterized primarily by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, egocentricity, and deceptiveness.

Post-traumatic stress disorder is barely verified, only became an appraisable disorder in the 80s & during vietnam, and is still contested as a useless designation and a tool exploited by people looking for financial compensation for traumatic experiences.

Not that PTSD doesn't exist in some form, but everything you have said is quantifiably ridiculous.

Most PTSD sufferers, unlike sociopaths, are not toxic people.

I actually lol'd when i read that one. "toxic people", ahahahahahahahahaha..............haaaa
edit on 8-12-2011 by ClydeFrog42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

How did Jefferson respond to the Alien and Sedition Acts?

In writing the Kentucky Resolutions, Jefferson warned that, "unless arrested at the threshold," the Alien and Sedition Acts would "necessarily drive these states into revolution and blood." Historian Ron Chernow says of this "he wasn't calling for peaceful protests or civil disobedience: he was calling for outright rebellion, if needed, against the federal government of which he was vice president."

I wonder what the people who get their panties in a bunch over OWS would think about a guy like that if he was alive today?

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Hold on a second...because there's another side to this.

I read / heard that they were asked to leave quite a number of days earlier and refused. They were even offered a different place to camp out. They refused.

Listen, okay, because it's important to hear both sides. If I were one of them, or any of them, I would have gotten up and gone to the other location. (Conditions apply, but you get it.) If they were told a week before to get out or else they would be arrested, then when the week goes by, if you're still there...when the LAPD comes back, are there any surprised faces out there?

I don't know what all the details were and the circumstances, but if they were given a choice of two places but refused to move to another place after a week, the police will act to remove you. How they went about it is wrong, but I don't know the slightest thing about how that all works when it comes to arresting a crowd. Maybe ask a bunch of prostitutes what it's like, and they'll have an accurate perspective to share.

This is why I find it important to hear both sides. I doubt I would have heard what I did earlier on ats. If anyone can correct me, great. I'd like to know more details. Just don't expect me to feel bad for people who refuse to move when asked to and given a week to do so.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by CREAM

Hold on a second...because there's another side to this.

I read / heard that they were asked to leave quite a number of days earlier and refused. They were even offered a different place to camp out. They refused.

Listen, okay, because it's important to hear both sides. If I were one of them, or any of them, I would have gotten up and gone to the other location. (Conditions apply, but you get it.) If they were told a week before to get out or else they would be arrested, then when the week goes by, if you're still there...when the LAPD comes back, are there any surprised faces out there?

I don't know what all the details were and the circumstances, but if they were given a choice of two places but refused to move to another place after a week, the police will act to remove you. How they went about it is wrong, but I don't know the slightest thing about how that all works when it comes to arresting a crowd. Maybe ask a bunch of prostitutes what it's like, and they'll have an accurate perspective to share.

This is why I find it important to hear both sides. I doubt I would have heard what I did earlier on ats. If anyone can correct me, great. I'd like to know more details. Just don't expect me to feel bad for people who refuse to move when asked to and given a week to do so.

Maybe they should have gone to Occupy Employment Agency or Occupy Mayor's Office, somewhere, anywhere, other than sitting on the sidewalk in front of buildings that really mean nothing for their cause.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join