It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MESSED UP: Writer from "Famly Guy" TV Show Details His Arrest at Occupy LA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
Yeah, thats right, even the biggest toughest army badass can be reduced to a shell of his former self with little more then a traumatizing experience.

That's totally true. It doesn't take as much as people think.
At the same time, a lot of people out there claim it but they don't have it.

Ref this guy and his claims -
Again ... left wing california hollywood type claiming something like this .. I'd like to see proof.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Slavich

those were untrained immature students

kinda like if OWS was the police... oh wait

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

I love how everything can give you PTSD now....

try catching shrapnel overseas... then talk to me about PTSD

I love how everyone is an internet psychologist now.
Go to school for 8 more years then talk to me about who really has what.

actually I am....

This, almost in itself says a lot about you. Your ego is quite large me-thinks, I am no psychologist, but you did not hesitate to reply in the affirmative. Maybe to shut people up, maybe it's true. However it's a baseless statement without factual proof to make us believe you. Plus your reactions and the way you speak do not speak well for your profession if you are in fact a psychologist. I have 2 friends who actually are and for them to go around admitting they are to just any Joe Blow, in their mind, is an egotistical act bordering on showmanship.

Next thing you know you will be posting shirtless photos of yourself flexing and all glossed over with baby oil

Do I believe you? Not based on what i have read. Context is everything though, something easily lost in reading people's posts and creating a moniker in your mind based on your impression of the user.

Anyways...I think people need to stop trying to show each other up, stop arguing about others views/opinions and move on. Seriously guys. I mean come on. All this bickering over who is more right then who? It's childish and the fact 2 PSYCHOLOGISTS are playing along is frightening.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hate is a strong word and I hate cops with all my heart and fabric of being. No words can express the rage i feel about this tyranny the pigs are enforcing. It is coming to the point of do or die. They are making the bed for themseles. They chose the path of darkness and enevitable demise for they are fools they are exposable and expendable as the ninety nine. when the shift hits the fan the handlers will blame them and throw these self sering pigs under the bus. wait for it........ sorry posting from my phone
edit on 8-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
Anyways...I think people need to stop trying to show each other up, stop arguing about others views/opinions and move on. Seriously guys. I mean come on. All this bickering over who is more right then who? It's childish and the fact 2 PSYCHOLOGISTS are playing along is frightening.

Sort of a case of the pot calling the kettle black, don't you think?

I mean, come on... look at your post! The epitome of a pissing match.

I maintain that someone who claims to be a Psychologist should at very least uphold the ethical standards associated with the title. And, I do believe, I'm perfectly within reason to express concern towards someone who, with claims to professional legitimacy, casts doubt and misinformation on a very real and very serious condition.

Are we here to deny ignorance, or foster it?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
PTSD is a money making racket perpetuated by psychiatrists which are owned by the pharmaceutical industry. Im not saying people don't get a bit shell shocked after war, but PTSD is a racket. Being upset about seeing your friends (or anyones) head blown off is not a sign of mental illness, that is 100% normal.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

agreed... I want to go back to Shell Shocked.. .that just seems rude these days you know... but way to be on point about this

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

that isn't true. PTSD is a real and lasting psychological condition. once the stress barrier is exceeded by a certain amount, PTSD is the result, and the stress barrier will never be as strong ever again. simple things, like a car muffler backfiring, can then easily breach their now lowered maximum stress level and result in panic, or full blown flashbacks.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Excessive force considering he complied with police and did not resist? Besides the fact he writes a funny TV show?

Do you know what many people on ATS call 'excessive force'?

When the police officer opens his mouth to warn everyone off.

edit on 12/8/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

that isn't true. PTSD is a real and lasting psychological condition. once the stress barrier is exceeded by a certain amount, PTSD is the result, and the stress barrier will never be as strong ever again. simple things, like a car muffler backfiring, can then easily breach their now lowered maximum stress level and result in panic, or full blown flashbacks.

When people think of PTSD they think of the most extreme cases and ignore the reality of the situation. They automatically think of that homeless guy who says he is a viet nam vet that drinks more than he breathes and hangs out outside the liquor store.
The actual criteria for what PTSD is very subjective

The traumatic event is persistently re-experienced in at least ONE of the following ways:

Recurrent and intrusive distressing recollections of the event, including images, thoughts, or perceptions. Note: in young children, repetitive play may occur in which themes or aspects of the trauma are expressed.
Recurrent distressing dreams of the event. Note: in children, there may be frightening dreams without recognizable content
Acting or feeling as if the traumatic event were recurring (includes a sense of reliving the experience, illusions, hallucinations, and dissociative flashback episodes,including those that occur upon awakening or when intoxicated). Note: in children, trauma-specific reenactment may occur.
Intense psychological distress at exposure to internal or external cues that symbolize or resemble an aspect of the traumatic event.
Physiologic reactivity upon exposure to internal or external cues that symbolize or resemble an aspect of the traumatic event

So having a bad dream 2 months after a war means you have "PTSD" or if it has been more than a month and seeing a picture of a guy with his head blown off makes you feel a little uneasy, you have "PTSD". Never mind the fact that seeing a picture like that can produce a similar reaction in everybody.
People will have you believe that everyone that suffers from PTSD is like the stereotypical crazy guy that can't operate a leaf blower without losing it, that is simply not so.
edit on 8-12-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Excessive force considering he complied with police and did not resist? Besides the fact he writes a funny TV show?

LOVE IT! Yeah if a cop raises his voice... its considered excessive force now.... 5 warnings should be enough...

heck my dog listens after the third time!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I will go on thinking I can pal around with the cops and lessen any fines I accidentally incur. However, I will not trust you, policeperson.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Lots of new posters (registered within the year) around talking about how people need to listen to authority even if it's at the expense of the rights afforded to them by the Bill of Rights. Love the "even my dog listens after the third time" line.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
someone who claims to be a Psychologist should at very least uphold the ethical standards associated with the title.

SIDE NOTE - For anyone interested - There is a difference between having a degree in psychology and being a psychologist. A psychologist has at least a masters degree and has to be licensed. Someone with a psychology degree, even a masters degree, isn't a psychologist unless they pass certain exams and are officially recognized.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You got to piss off a great deal of people for some period of time if your goal is to foster a surge in domestic terrorism in the wake of global economic collapse to justify a hastened police state.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As are so many others, what blows me away about this isn't the heinous violence that occurred against that guy. I have expected police violence on that scale to become policy for a while, and it comes as no surprise despite it's overt ugliness and wrongness. What startles and depresses me is how very eager so many people seem to be to write off the civil rights of their countrymen.

"Oh, but the police told them to move out..." Oh, those same police who were once reviled around these parts for being primarily composed of violent, psychotic monsters who exclusively serve the oppression-minded elite?

It amazes me how short some people's memories are. I suppose this is a good litmus test for ATS on who genuinely sees the murderers in the dark and wants them taken from their secret power, and those whose world is reflected to them via the bias of TPTB's right wing operations.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Jana12

Using the word "ignorant" is a little out played I think... Considering I know what I'm talking about.. What I stated was an example.... Maybe I should look up the definition for you, Getting arrested will not give you PTSD unless you are just weak minded... Just sayin

Thank you 'grammar nazi' for bringing that to my attention. I wonder how many times the word 'ignorant' is used here on ATS ... not including "Deny Ignorance", as 'ignorance' and 'ignorant' are two different words, used in different contexts and two different meanings ... just wanted be clear on that.

Perhaps you might want to scold everyone here on ATS who has used the word 'ignorant', and not just me.

I never once said, nor implied, getting arrested will give you PTSD ... because (depending on circumstances) it probably won't.

If someone disobeys an officer of the law, they can expect to be arrested.

Getting your head bashed into the sidewalk, amongst the other acts of violence the OP mentioned, is highly likely cause PTSD. It's actually common knowledge. One doesn't need to be a Psychologist to get that.

As I said in my first posts on this thread, PTSD is not a disorder or a mental illness. PTSD sufferers are not mentally ill people ... they are people who have been severely traumatized ... such as rape victims, child abuse survivors, victims of sexual abuse, witnesses to abuse or murder, war vets, people who are violently beaten in the streets, and so on.

PTSD is a trauma, a psychological injury ... not a disorder, not a mental illness ... a severe emotional trauma that, unfortunately, many people suffer from.

As I said in a previous post, the "D" in PTSD implies "disorder" because that is what the "D" stands for -- it stands for disorder. Disorder implies mental illness, which is inaccurate. So, this acronym is very misleading.

Hope that clarifies. Thanks for your contributions here on ATS. I enjoy reading them.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

PTSD is not a disorder

What does PTSD stand for?

PTSD is not a disorder or a mental illness. PTSD sufferers are not mentally ill people ... they are people who have been severely traumatized

That is just not so, PTSD is a mental disorder and a mental illness, those two terms mean the same thing

Mental disorder
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Mental illness)

A mental disorder or mental illness is a psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability that occurs in an individual, and which is not a part of normal development or culture.

edit on 8-12-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Real tear-jerker of a story you got there OP. Like most of these reports the full story is too inconvenient to be included. More than likely, the protesters were given 24 hour notice that they were being ordered to leave.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

LOVE IT! Yeah if a cop raises his voice... its considered excessive force now.... 5 warnings should be enough...

heck my dog listens after the third time!

Funny thing is....JURISDICTION. Who has it and who does not? The Police DO NOT. It must be proven to exist BEFORE a cop can detain you or even proceed to warn you!! If you are harming no one, damaging no property and violating no others rights to the same...NO CRIME. The enforcement of administrative statutes, which include city ordinance, county ordinance and state statutes, MUST INCLUDE proof of jurisdiction.

The below post is from the Minnesota "Bill of Rights"...

ARTICLE I
BILL OF RIGHTS

Section 1. OBJECT OF GOVERNMENT. Government is instituted for the security, benefit and protection of the people, in whom all political power is inherent, together with the right to alter, modify or reform government whenever required by the public good.

Sec. 2. RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES. No member of this state shall be disfranchised or deprived of any of the rights or privileges secured to any citizen thereof, unless by the law of the land or the judgment of his peers. There shall be neither slavery nor involuntary servitude in the state otherwise than as punishment for a crime of which the party has been convicted.

www.house.leg.state.mn.us...

Section 1. OBJECT OF GOVERNMENT. Government is instituted for the security, benefit and protection of the people, in whom all political power is inherent, together with the right to alter, modify or reform government whenever required by the public good.

in whom all political power is inherent

And if you do not understand THAT you may not understand the court cases that SUPPORT that.

freedom-school.com...

If you challenge the cops jurisdiction he must PROVE IT exists. IF he does not, he is guilty of impersonating a law enforcement officer and if he assualts you and detains you it is unlawful detainment and there is a remedy within the law for that. Sue the hell out of the police department!!

Time to take OUR country and States BACK!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join