It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MESSED UP: Writer from "Famly Guy" TV Show Details His Arrest at Occupy LA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I love how everything can give you PTSD now....

try catching shrapnel overseas... then talk to me about PTSD

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

I love how everyone is an internet psychologist now.
Go to school for 8 more years then talk to me about who really has what.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by PrimalRed

yeahhhhh they had ample warning... dont feel bad... and btw... "kneelin on concrete" cry me a river.... try going to Iraq for six months...

or not eating for a month... (you know like some parts of the world)

Of course people protesting economic injustice have never gone hungry, IN THIS COUNTRY. Obviously you havent as you distanced yourself from that comment. Some of us really have. As for Iraq, you see no soldiers at these protets huh? But more to the point, this is NOT Iraq, this is America. Basically what you are saying is that America should be more like Iraq so other people do not annoy you when they get complain about being treated like crap by American police in America.

edit on 8-12-2011 by Algernonsmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
all these people who hate on the OWS protesters...i just.....don't understand.

The OWS protesters aren't the romantic version that you think they are. It isn't what it started out to be. In the beginning it was a good thing (just like the Tea Party). But then it got hijacked (just like the Tea Party). OWS has become a far left, soros-funded public nuisance now. Reports of rapes, thefts, public poop'n and pee'n, intimidation of local business', children being used as human shields, breaking and entering, tresspassing and massive numbers of empty tents to make the OWS bunch look like a larger number of participants. Business' around these 'camps' have complained to gov't officials that the OWS people steal from them and drive away business. The homeless food folks have complained that the OWS people come in feeling ENTITLED to the free meals that the homeless are getting and even complain that the free food isn't good enough. Seriously ... the OWS protestors have turned a lot of sentiment, that WAS in their favor, away from them.

Ref: the Family Guy writer - so a left wing hollywood type claims abuse by the police. Any proof to back it up?

This could be a description of society in general.

Why the need to apply it to just the OWS groups?

Of course in life we have those who may act contrariwise to the spirit of a cause but it does not give way for others to lambast the entirety of the group. Those same people you paint with your broad brushstrokes of criticism could say the same of you or any other individual or group. Yet this would not be considered true, just opinion and emotional propaganda being used to condemn a good cause.

Why must we ignore the good and pro-active nature of those who are willing to redress their grievances of the system for the bad actions of the few despoilers of the groups? Who is to say whether those causing trouble are not sent to do so to tarnish the movement.

Also as I've said to others it's best to leave your opinions and assumptions out of the conversation if you feel the need to state them as fact. No need to make generalizations based on someones career or place of residence.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

actually I am....

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Funny how I feel sorry for this guy, even though he was asking for it. I don't feel sorry for soldiers who come back missing limbs. They too asked for it by illegally invading and killing. So what if they didn't know they were doing something bad. If all your friends jumped off a cliff would you do it too?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I already did.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

actually I am....

And you are also DrNotforhire and you are telling my you used this education to diagnose a person you never met based on an article you read online?

Or was there no point in this?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

actually I am....

You are a qualified psychologist and you dignosed a person you never met over an internet article?
Tell which of those two things cannot possible be true now. I already know which way I am leaning.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagoSA
Would cops fire on people standing up for others' rights to free speech and assembly?

I absolutely believe that they would. In fact, I think that many of them are hoping they'll get that chance.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Both sad and ignorant that you think 'catching shrapnel overseas' is the only way you can get PTSD, unless maybe the shrapnel is stuck in your head.

It's not hard to differentiate the sociopaths here on ATS from the non-sociopaths ... especially when you have 8 years of formal education in psychology to back you up. Sociopaths defend each other.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week. Which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it."

OWS protesters are getting what they want and need to get their message out there, press.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by MrWendal

Let me guess, you still think everyone at these Occupy Protest is jobless to? This should be a newflash for you... but if you are a writer for a highly successful sitcom on Primetime TV, you are not exactly struggling to pay your bills. You are also not "rich" either. Does this tell you anything at all? Furthermore... people have a right to peacefully protest. If you do not like it, too bad. Rights are not given to us from any authority. We are born to them. Just like having a right to breathe, no one has a right to take that away. So that 72 hour warning, plus the extra couple days added to the extra 2 hours of warning before Police moved in, means nothing. Police have no right to infringe upon the rights of peaceful people. What Police have is take an Oath of Honor. What they have is what is known as Law Enforcement Code of Ethics which says,

You must be new here. There is a tactic a few of these guys use, specifically the one you are wasting your breath on. They like to claim ignorance of the basics and derail whatever discussion is taking place by having each and every poster explain OWS to them, again and again.

Dude already knows those protesters have a constitutionally protected right to peacefully assemble, petition their government, and protest. no where in the constitution does it stipulate that law has strings attached like you can only exercise your right between 8 am and 5 pm, and only in designated areas.

go ahead and check, it's not in there.

and then the butt-backwards logic comes in (also in every thread) that since the protesters should have expected the police to illegally restrict their rights in a violent manner, they shouldn't have tried to exercise those rights.

Let me as you PrimalRed, if these protests were about ending "illegal immigration" and sending all the brown people home, and the police started restricting their rights and violently attacking them, would you be so quick to defend the cops.

Of course not, you're 100% behind free speech as long as it's YOUR speech being protected. Don't work that way friend.

Also, your fancy little link explaining that "we're not the 99%" the starving Ethiopians are, is ridiculous. there is no way you could be that thick headed and uninformed about OWS as to believe it's about the people in the third world, and still be able to type coherently.

Exactly how many Ethiopians had their homes foreclosed? How many had their retirement plans and 401ks wiped out due to corporate fraud?

Sure, the poor are the majority on earth, but guess what, the United states is HOARDING the resources and using the world up like a tampon to be flushed away to India, or Pakistan, or any other place willing to take our toxic byproducts and garbage.

And who is helping the institutionalized poverty in those nations? The very corporations and world banking cartel OWS is fighting.

P.S. How the heck is Family Guy liberal? Have you guys even watched it? Apparently not.

All I can say is dude you are my hero. It's really sad when a Canadian knows more about American rights and the concept of liberty than Natural Born Flag Waver. That makes me ashamed for my fellow countrymen.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Using the word "ignorant" is a little out played I think... Considering I know what I'm talking about.. What I stated was an example.... Maybe I should look up the definition for you, Getting arrested will not give you PTSD unless you are just weak minded... Just sayin

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkingSleipner
This could be a description of society in general.
Why the need to apply it to just the OWS groups?

Because this is a thread about OWS. If you want to have a thread about how people in general act that way ... have at it. Fine with me. But the fact remains that the store owners around these camps have called law inforcement in because it's people from these camps that are stealing from them and chasing off their customers. It's in the news. Don't shoot the messenger.

Actually ... it's 5-6 years for a degree in Psychology along with the ability to open a practice.
I know .. my degree IS in psychology. Now ..Psychiatry is different and takes more time.
Is THAT what you were trying to spit out?
edit on 12/8/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
reply to post by CREAM

This time the entire raid on OWS LA was streamed live, there was no excessive force by any reality based standard.

Apparently you failed to read the article...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

actually I am....

Yeah, me too, and PTSD can happen to ANYONE for reasons that to you may seem negligible.

Yeah, thats right, even the biggest toughest army badass can be reduced to a shell of his former self with little more then a traumatizing experience.

So, you original comment is indicative of your lack of knowledge, as the above poster suggested. If your a Psychologist, use your training...

...and uphold your ethical obligation not to cast undeserved stigma on patients and people suffering...

You are a qualified psychologist and you dignosed a person you never met over an internet article?
Tell which of those two things cannot possible be true now. I already know which way I am leaning.

agreed.
edit on 8-12-2011 by ClydeFrog42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm honestly surprised as to why you guys have no clue as to why police act like this? There are some VERY famous psychology studies done in Stanfard (or was it Samford?) where students were to dress and act the part of a guard and prisoner. The guards began to truely act the part.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

They like to claim ignorance of the basics and derail whatever discussion is taking place by having each and every poster explain OWS to them, again and again.

I have done no such thing, you are just making that up.

Dude already knows those protesters have a constitutionally protected right to peacefully assemble, petition their government, and protest. no where in the constitution does it stipulate that law has strings attached like you can only exercise your right between 8 am and 5 pm, and only in designated areas.

But there are laws that say otherwise, the right to protest is not absolute.

and then the butt-backwards logic comes in (also in every thread) that since the protesters should have expected the police to illegally restrict their rights in a violent manner, they shouldn't have tried to exercise those rights.

Again, the raid on OLA was pretty smooth and just claiming something is illegal does not make it so.

Let me as you PrimalRed,

Well no! Let me AS YOU!!!

if these protests were about ending "illegal immigration" and sending all the brown people home, and the police started restricting their rights and violently attacking them, would you be so quick to defend the cops.

If those said protesters were doing it in the same manner, yes.

Of course not, you're 100% behind free speech as long as it's YOUR speech being protected. Don't work that way friend.

Again, you like so many other OWS supporters come up with these stupid strawman arguments. Im not asking you to define what OWS is, i have never made any claim about your or my speech being protected.

Also, your fancy little link explaining that "we're not the 99%" the starving Ethiopians are, is ridiculous. there is no way you could be that thick headed and uninformed about OWS as to believe it's about the people in the third world, and still be able to type coherently.

But it is the truth...

Exactly how many Ethiopians had their homes foreclosed?

Couldn't tell you exact numbers. Are you saying that the Ethiopian is too poor or not poor enough to be part of your little 99% club?

Sure, the poor are the majority on earth, but guess what, the United states is HOARDING the resources and using the world up like a tampon to be flushed away to India, or Pakistan, or any other place willing to take our toxic byproducts and garbage.

You lost me, the 99% fights for us to hoard more? So it is not enough that the "99%" are richer than most the world they have to be even richer? Is this about jealousy of the 1%?

And who is helping the institutionalized poverty in those nations?

This is a catch 22.
If the big bad corporation man gives them jobs in these poor countries then they are evil for shipping jobs over there.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Your filled with judgement and biased towards those in authority. You base your theory (cause it isn't fact) on your personal experiences. This is probably the worst way to psychologically assess people, especially reading one or two replies then going on to say they are Sociopaths.

I am offended for the poster you replied to and you should apologize for breaking the TOS. You directly attacked this person based on a reply and resorted to name-calling and harsh judgments.

I also did not respond with empathy either, I said it's about time this dude realized how cops are. Does this make me a sociopath as well?

I know some police officers, outstanding people. Generally looking out for the well-being of others. To say they all are sociopaths and must be sociopaths cause "normal people don't seek those types of jobs" is ridiculous to say the very least. I mean come on, your lumping a whole group into one biased judgment, have you not learned anything from your elders?

It's alright to disagree but to come here and bash, judge with bias, and chastise those who would become an officer of the law is down right rude, obnoxious and un-called for. I won't go so far as to judge you, but based on what I read, you seem to be quite prideful hence why you felt the need to reply in such disdain. I could be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join