It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MESSED UP: Writer from "Famly Guy" TV Show Details His Arrest at Occupy LA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

In what way did they ask to be assaulted and illegally apprehended?
Yep it is illegal for anyone INCLUDING a LEO to use inappropriate force.

Where was inappropriate force used? If people are not complying with the law the cops have to use some force. The raid on OLA went pretty peacefully. Well there were some protesters beating the hell out of eachother but for the most part is was pretty peaceful

I think OWS protesters should start putting cops on their backs and telling THEM to explain it to the judge.

And that is the kind of crap that gives OWS a bad name.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
all these people who hate on the OWS protesters...i just.....don't understand.

we read every day how corrupt banks and big businesses are. for example, if a bank collapses within 90 days of you withdrawing your money, they can come seize it. if you don't have it, they can take your property and cars. we hear of banks and businesses getting a no-strings attached 7.7 TRILLION secret bailout (that's about $25,000 for every person in america). we hear about insider trading and scheming. companies like GE paying zero dollars in taxes. i'm sure others can add much more to the list.

so we have all this, and people sit idly by.

and as the OWS protesters say "enough! we won't be subject to this robbery and injustice any longer!!" we have people cheering on the police as peaceful protesters are pepper sprayed, beaten, and assaulted.

"they had it coming" or "they were told to leave, and they didn't, so they deserve it" is usually said to justify this gross violation of rights.

when the people said "we aren't for this bailout", what happened? they did it anyways. with all of our money. when we said "the patriot act strips americans of their constitutional rights" they said "yeah, that's the point."

so tell me why civil disobedience isn't justified, as they laugh at our requests and enjoy the fruits of our labor.

sure, what the police do is "legal" but it isn't right, nor justified. hell, hitler's genocide was "legal", but most everyone today disagrees with that.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What the fudge? I am speechless. Actually I am bitting my tongue so I don't lose my ats points

Well there you go, that what peaceful gets you.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A quick question for the "they had it coming" crowd:

Have you ever heard of a little thing called "The Bill of Rights"?

Apparently not, so take a look at this

Pay special attention to sections I and VIII.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Note that these were the objects described in subsequent mainstream press reports as “30 tons of garbage” that was “abandoned” by Occupy LA: personal property forcibly stolen from us, destroyed in front of our eyes and then left for maintenance workers to dispose of while we were sent to prison.

Then the LAPD officer would grab the protestor’s right foot and twist it all the way the other direction until the non-violent protestor, in incredible agony, would shriek in pain and unlink from his neighbor.

It was horrible to watch, and apparently designed to terrorize the rest of us. At least I was sufficiently terrorized.

The officer dropped with his knee on my back and ground my face into the pavement. It really, really hurt and my face started bleeding and I was very scared. I begged for mercy and I promised that I was honestly not resisting and would not resist.

My hands were then zipcuffed very tightly behind my back, where they turned blue. I am now suffering nerve damage in my right thumb and palm.

They forced us to kneel on the hard pavement of that parking garage for seven straight hours with our hands still tightly zipcuffed behind our backs. Some began to pass out. One man rolled to the ground and vomited for a long, long time before falling unconscious. The LAPD officers watched and did nothing.

This is absolute tyranny, totalitarianism, the exact definition of a police state. Some one needs to find out who was last to 'donate' a large sum of money to the LAPD[ogs], I'm willing to bet they had monetary motivation.
edit on 7-12-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
They were pretty much asking for it.

I hear that same exact line all the time about rape victims that wear skimpy outfits and get drunk.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

" I stood as instructed, and then I had my arms wrenched behind my back, and an officer hyperextended my wrists into my inner arms. It was super violent, it hurt really really bad, and he was doing it on purpose. When I involuntarily recoiled from the pain, the LAPD officer threw me face-first to the pavement. He had my hands behind my back, so I landed right on my face. The officer dropped with his knee on my back and ground my face into the pavement."

OMG... what a sissy... we have to have this done to us in training (we practice on each other)... It shows that this guy is a writer because this is "really really obvious" BS...

The guy stood up was placed in a wrist lock while being handcuffed and started to move while he was mouthing off which is considered resisting. The result? He was taken to the ground and then handcuffed...

What a bunch of bleeding hearts... I do this procedure everyday at work and the only people who seem to find that it hurts are the people making a scene... the ones who WANT to SHOW everyone that we are violent... everyone else seems to be "immune" to the "really really big pain"...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

What do you know?
I would say he has filed complaints.. and obviously there were witnesses.
Which are you? Rocket scientist or brain surgeon? Rocket Surgeon?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Lol.. and why would you have to have it done to you in training? Huh?
Maybe you need to go back since you missed the point?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Considering they had a 72 hour warning that got stretched another couple days then 2 hours of warnings before the police said they would move in, i do not feel sorry for those people at all. They were pretty much asking for it.

They were asking for what exactly?
Can you please tell me just how much people deserved to get beaten for protesting?
You do understand a protest vs. a warning to stop protesting, right?
That is going to be important when you explain just how much violence is perfectly acceptable from our police to peaceful protestors.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Cool story bro. I have no problem believing you go through that all the time and your hands turning blue daily has not caused you any pain. I also have no problem believing you can probably fly and fart gold dust.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Considering they had a 72 hour warning that got stretched another couple days then 2 hours of warnings before the police said they would move in, i do not feel sorry for those people at all. They were pretty much asking for it.

No kidding! Who the hell do these People think they are exercising their right to peaceful assembly? When police officers who do not even exist by Constitutional mandate and are merely administrative agents tell People they have enough of their rights and have to now surrender them, it is good to know there are reasonable people out there cheer leading for this tyranny. Thank God there are defenders of tyranny, otherwise it might be on the wane, and we can't have that, can we? Dear Lord what would we do without our tyrants?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I seriously hope you are lying about your profession as your attitude as well as statements, make you unfit for any police force. I am Canadian, and have been arrested numerous times in several protests as well as ARC engagements, and have never encountered a police officer willing to injure me to make the arrest. I have gone well beyond what you have deemed "resisting", and yet still no officer attempted to wrist lock me, throw me to the ground, or injure me in any way.

If you are a police officer shame on you, and I would love to know what detachment you work at, if only to make sure that I never travel to any place that allows you to walk the beat. That point is probably moot though as I am pretty sure your lying about your supposed career, not that I don't think police brutality happens in Canada, I know that it does, I just also know that the standards for officers are much higher than the attitude, and general lack of empathy you put forth.
edit on 8-12-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
He is a 'writer', and obviously an activist involved in this movement, and you take his words as absolute truth here?

Does he offer any proof other than this "written" account?

Were there any witnesses to his abuse?

Has he filed any complaints?

Or is this a sensationalized account, meant to evoke anger and sympathy for the "movement"?

Don't bother answering any of that, I already know.

I know you asked not to answer any of that but I will say one thing though:
It doesn't take a writer to lie to us to see the real truth here, we've all seen in on tv as they use any means possible to abuse us. I personally don't need a writer to tell me what I can see with my own eyes!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
So when do we do something about it?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

OMG... what a sissy... we have to have this done to us in training (we practice on each other)... It shows that this guy is a writer because this is "really really obvious" BS...

The guy stood up was placed in a wrist lock while being handcuffed and started to move while he was mouthing off which is considered resisting. The result? He was taken to the ground and then handcuffed...

What a bunch of bleeding hearts... I do this procedure everyday at work and the only people who seem to find that it hurts are the people making a scene... the ones who WANT to SHOW everyone that we are violent... everyone else seems to be "immune" to the "really really big pain"...

Just how is saying "I am not ressisting, I will comply" mouthing off?

This is just more filthy pig scum acting like filthy pig scum. But we've come to expect that, becasue the police are filthy pig scum.
edit on 8/12/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The story of the dispersal and arrest of occupy la is disturbing, however.......FAMILY GUY F-IN SUCKS!!!! SO STUPID!!! So I kind of do not mind the way they treated him.....SUCKS!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
^^burn the heretics!!!!

edit- and that one down there!!

burn'em AAAALLLL *manic laughter*
edit on 8/12/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Haha
I agree.. interchangeable jokes rather than plot driven jokes.. then again I'm a pretentious jerk so..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sounds like Nazi Germany all over, America style.

FEMA camps and this brutality goes intertwined.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join