It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google won't let me sign in unless I allow cookies...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am fed up with Google's constant monitoring of peoples accounts. I want to sign into Youtube but Google won't let me unless I allow cookies to be downloaded onto my computer. I first allowed this and then they signed me out again and won't let me in at all now. Is there a 1-800 number for Google? I want freedom from this ^*%$#* corporation. They are making things more difficult. Does anyone have a solution?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I've signed in just fine bro....maybe it's just you?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

I also do not allow cookies. I am signed in happily with google as my digits tap away on this keyboard.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why are you using google to sign in anyway? I sign in to youtube when I need to and I don't use google to do so. So, why?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Google won't let me sign into Youtube without allowing cookies. I'm looking for a solution to this. How can I remove google from my computer?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

Thanks for the help.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PunchingBag80

Google won't let me sign into Youtube without allowing cookies. I'm looking for a solution to this. How can I remove google from my computer?
Do you mean Chrome, the browser?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Even if he did mean chrome, or even youtube for that matter, cookies will not stop him from signing in. I am currently blocking all cookies (using chrome), am signed into google, facebook, youtube, and ats. Either this person needs to clear their cache, or they are intentionally trying to harm googles reputation.
edit on 7-12-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Am I speaking gibberish here?? I said that I want to figure out how I can sign back into Youtube. Google will NOT let me sign in and even when I follow the steps to change the cookies problem, I'm still not able to sign in. I get the same notice: "Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on."
Does anyone have a solution and not some smart mouth comments??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The reality is cookies are not stoping you from accessing google's services. I dont know why you are getting that message, but you can try clearing your cache like I suggested.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

what kind of cookies?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Am I speaking gibberish here?? I said that I want to figure out how I can sign back into Youtube. Google will NOT let me sign in and even when I follow the steps to change the cookies problem, I'm still not able to sign in. I get the same notice: "Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on."
Change from chrome to firefox. I have cookies disabled and I get onto any site I want.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I haven't got a solution to your problem, but as far as Google monitoring accounts I did have a similar problem this morning with them barring me from entering my account. I had to provide them with a mobile number so that they could text me a verification code so that I could access my account. They claimed that there had been 'unusual activity' on my account, and suggested that I run a scan on my computer. The scan did indeed reveal two Trojans. They did not provide any information as to what precisely had been the unusual activity.

I am suspicious though since I have been skipping my way through a pop up everytime I log in from Google suggesting that I let them have my phone number just in case I lose my log in details...I can't help but suspect that they could have planted the Trojans as a pretext for them forcing me to give them my phone number which I had repeatedly refused to do voluntarily.

Either way I gave them a number I will cease to use at the end of the month, so no harm done in the long term.

But I'm not impressed.

ETA Just reading the response below me, it was Googlemail I had a problem logging into, I was obviously a little too self-absorbed in my own issues with the Google-empire to fully comprehend the OP's issue. Apologies. But thanks for letting me get it off my chest anyway...

edit on 7-12-2011 by Omphale because: sorries and stuff

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You are currently in a queue with ATS help centre please hold........

Sorry but yes you are talking gibberish,

Goolge does not determine if you can or cant log into anything as it is either a browser, a search tool a search engine or one of the google plus type functionalities such as social networking/google earth.

it does not (unless using chrome) have anything to do with you using the internet unless you so wish it too,

on that note if you are using chrome, clear you cache/cookies/saved passwords,

if you are unsure of this, use firefox or internet explorer and you will see the problem has nothing to do with Google.

however if clearing your cache does not help i would suggest running a malware/spyware check as there me be somthing on your computer causing the fault.

if you would like more help you need to provide the following information... what do you mean google wont allow you? is there an error clearly describing google as the cause? what internet browser are you using?

Thanks for calling

edit on 7-12-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
problem resolved...this thread is now closed.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U

what kind of cookies?

Chocolate chip

edit on 7-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

top topics

join