It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Highlights of the Canada-U.S. Border Action Plan Announced

page: 1
13

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ModernAcademia started a thread last week that first alerted me of this story. You can view his thread on this here. His thread mentions certain aspects of this plan that were leaked, primarily American police officers participating in Canadian law enforcement.

The plan was officially announced earlier today. Here are some highlights:


— Joint, integrated assessments about security threats and improved intelligence sharing, including common privacy principles.

— More comprehensive advance screening of travellers from third countries heading to North America.

— Exchange of entry information of all persons at the Canada-U.S. border, to serve as a record of exit from the other country.

— Co-ordinated research, prevention relating to violent extremism.

— Pilot projects for land-based joint security teams, creation of additional marine-based teams.

— Harmonized approach to screening cargo arriving from offshore.

— New explosive detection machines for Canadian airports by March 2015 to make U.S. flight connections easier.

— Joint assessments and audits for plant, animal and food safety systems in third countries.

— Common framework for trusted trader programs.

— Enchancement of Nexus trusted traveller program.

— More pre-inspection and pre-clearance for land, rail, marine traffic.

— Single electronic window for shippers to reduce paperwork.

— Co-ordinated border crossing infrastructure upgrades.

— Jointly published wait time service levels at key crossings.

— Closer co-operation on cybersecurity and health security threats.

— Harmonized names for cuts of meat and poultry.

— Alignment of auto industry manufacturing standards.

— Executive steering committee to oversee implementation of action plan.

www.winnipegfreepress.com...


Canada and the U.S. have been systematically gearing us up for the North American Union for a long while. Over the last decade it has been blatantly obvious and even more so over the last few years. Both our countries are creating draconian legislation that tramples on our freedoms in the name of our "security".

Some of you may say this integration is a good thing, and some of the ideas sound great, but if you look closely a lot of it ties in with the police state that we have been surrounded by lately.

In my opinion this isn't a good thing.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

edit on 7-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I agree. The inclusion of Canadians in America(ie The USA) will only water down the resistance to the increasingly socialist slide away from freedom we are currently experiencing.



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Are you implying that Canadians in the U.S. would make the U.S a weaker nation?



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Canadians will not go easily. Especially if we have to change the name of our Back Bacon to ham...Nope, ain't gonna happen.


— Harmonized names for cuts of meat and poultry.


Also, we get grits and Americans get Poutine? Not fair at all.


Peace



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Are you implying that Canadians in the U.S. would make the U.S a weaker nation?
In that we would be less individualistic and more statist, yes.



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


I lived in the U.S. for a few years and grits aren't that bad if they're made right.

Poutine is way better though!



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by jude11
 


I lived in the U.S. for a few years and grits aren't that bad if they're made right.

Poutine is way better though!


Groutine?



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Last weekend I traveled to the states for the day to do a little comparative shopping and pick up a package. From my last experience with the border patrol, they can kiss my ass. I will NOT be bringing my money back to the USA unless it's for comic con or to see the grand canyon.

The USA entry guards are rude and have NO sense of personality! Why not just have robots working there? We explained, we where going to do a little shopping and the guard said "what, did they run out of groceries in Canada?" WTF kind of a remark is that? If I didn't have to pick up a package I would have just turned right around right then. They also searched my trunk and knocked on the car panels a few times. Then they said in a whisper "you can go" I turned to ask If I could go, and got a "do you want to be detained for an hour while we search you?" to which i said "not really" and then i got a waving motion which was more like a shoooo.

I understand they have a job to do, but c'mon. I got money to spend in your country. My wife doesn't even want to go back now. And to set all you trolls at bay, we didn't have attitudes of any kind.

Probably for the best we won't be going back any time soon anyways. I don't wanna get trapped in your country for having a personality. Also, your prices on stuff, is about the same as ours if not a little higher.
Also, you people need to smile more. I didn't see a single smile the whole time we where there.??? Whats up with that???



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch
 


It sounds like you crossed over into New York


On topic... I'm sorry to hear about what you went through, but it's quite common to hear about this unfortunately. This border plan is supposed to help alleviate these issues but common sense tells me it's only going to make it worse.

More bureaucracy is never a good thing.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I live within a half an hour from the border crossing, have family that still lives in Canada and myself haven't been over the border in around 10yrs. And won't anytime soon because of the hassle both coming and going. And I can certainly say that it gets quite annoying all the "extra" security flying, driving, foot patrols in this area anymore. Yes all the above even 30 miles away from the border every day. But I will say I do miss the nice clean streets and the beer store, as well as the people.



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by jude11
 


I lived in the U.S. for a few years and grits aren't that bad if they're made right.

Poutine is way better though!


Groutine?


Ha, sorry for the delayed response. I must have missed your post earlier.

You might be on to something. We use real cheese though, not American cheese so they might not like it.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


Nope, not New York. I crossed at the peace arch which is close to Vancouver. Other people my wife has talked to said they are going through changes, and none of them have been for the better. One person travels once a week and she said that in the last few weeks the usa border crossing has been much worse. more hassles, more guards, and really piss poor attitudes from the guards. in 7 years she has only had her car searched once, but in the last two weeks she has had them look over it both times.

Another person my wife knows said they are cracking down for some reason.

Has anyone else had problems like this?

Also, why are there no signs up. like, have you passport ready, or Welcome to the USA? nothing like that at all that I could see. I guess Canadians are not welcome!


Sorry guys, I tried to bring you some money to help out your economy. Looks like your government doesn't want it! Just saying!




posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch
 


I lived on Van Isle so we would take the boats to Seattle or Port Angeles. I was lucky enough to always have great interactions with the Washingtonians. If you think it's bad out West you should try living in Ontario near the NY border like I do


I miss BC


The customs agents weren't very strict either, and this was post 911. It sounds way worse now though.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Only had one issue years ago when a female border guard wanted me to prove up how much money i had in the bank before she would let me in to go see my then fiancee . She expected me to stay at high priced hotels and eat at expensive restaurants . Didn't think it was right that my income played any part in it but what can you do when she wants you to spend at least $100.00 per day during your time there .



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Anyone notice this point?


— Harmonized names for cuts of meat and poultry.


I hope they're not harmonizing us with the FDA. Has anyone seen the actual FDA standards fact sheet? It's not very appetizing to see what they allow in their testing.

I really hope they're not trying to integrate our food systems.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
Last weekend I traveled to the states for the day to do a little comparative shopping and pick up a package. From my last experience with the border patrol, they can kiss my ass. I will NOT be bringing my money back to the USA unless it's for comic con or to see the grand canyon.

The USA entry guards are rude and have NO sense of personality! Why not just have robots working there? We explained, we where going to do a little shopping and the guard said "what, did they run out of groceries in Canada?" WTF kind of a remark is that? If I didn't have to pick up a package I would have just turned right around right then. They also searched my trunk and knocked on the car panels a few times. Then they said in a whisper "you can go" I turned to ask If I could go, and got a "do you want to be detained for an hour while we search you?" to which i said "not really" and then i got a waving motion which was more like a shoooo.

I understand they have a job to do, but c'mon. I got money to spend in your country. My wife doesn't even want to go back now. And to set all you trolls at bay, we didn't have attitudes of any kind.

Probably for the best we won't be going back any time soon anyways. I don't wanna get trapped in your country for having a personality. Also, your prices on stuff, is about the same as ours if not a little higher.
Also, you people need to smile more. I didn't see a single smile the whole time we where there.??? Whats up with that???



new topics

top topics



 
13

log in

join