It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do US politicians have the authority to legislate against the Constitution?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

As far as imprisonment without trial I did a post here from one of my e-mails from my rep.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who knows?

The "law" seems to change at the whim of those who really rule over us.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Ron Paul is the only person that will return us to our constitutional being. They call Congressman Paul "Dr. No" for a reason. He says "no" to everything that stampedes our rights to freedom and liberty.

Any human being that has a mind should vote for him. If we continue on the path we are going, we are doomed. We will have a continued police state, a furthering destruction of the middle class and a doomed financial outlook.

Ron Paul is our savior. Please vote wise.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

NO.

But they want to overide the people............and they are doing just that.

While the people sit quietly by and allow it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

Ron Paul is the only person that will return us to our constitutional being. They call Congressman Paul "Dr. No" for a reason. He says "no" to everything that stampedes our rights to freedom and liberty.

No he won't because in order to get everything you want as a president you would first have to erode the entire system of the checks and balances. Plus, not everything he wants would be seen as constitutional or good for the country from other points of view.
Ron Paul would be a terrible president because he would get nothing done. It would be the second coming of Jimmy Carter.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cypruswolf

Originally posted by brilab45

No he won't because in order to get everything you want as a president you would first have to erode the entire system of the checks and balances. Plus, not everything he wants would be seen as constitutional or good for the country from other points of view.
Ron Paul would be a terrible president because he would get nothing done. It would be the second coming of Jimmy Carter.

The constitution is the constitution. It is our infallible rule of the land. Why people fight against liberty and freedom is a puzzle to me.

Ron Paul has already succeeded. He has inspired every incumbent to parrot his view points. Why is that? Because RP has the truth.

Even if RP would fail to win the presidency, he has succeeded in planting the seeds to make our country as great as it has been after WW2. Yes there were bumps. Ron Paul is authentic and the most cerebral person in our current political arena.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Do people REALLY believe, in this thing called "government"? I mean, seriously, now? Are you THAT far asleep??? Oh wait, that's right. You GAVE THEM the authority...with your VOTES. Or, have you forgotten,
that TINY little detail? You give them the right, to do whatever, whenever. That's what VOTES do. All in favor??? The 'President' and Congress...are voting on YOUR behalf. hahahahah Ah-duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. Wanna know another, sad truth? When you voted for Bush, you voted for the Iraq/Afghanistan wars.
Take SOME responsiblity.....dear "Americans". MILLIONS of you, got innocent blood on your hands....because...well....you gave G-Dub the right to do, whatever he wanted to do.....for YOUR best interests!

You should SERIOUSLY think about that....next time you vote.

I wouldn't care WHO was "running for office"...they are NOT getting my approval or authority, for ANYTHING; because i will NEVER give it to them, with a vote!

BTW...what, EXACTLY, do "politicians" do, all day? What are their daily duties??? Do they go to the office, kick off their shoes, talk on the phone; while chatting on facebook, or what? They get paid, lovely; while we suffer; at their expense? Come on now. Aren't we 'smarter' than this???

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Here's the issue with your argument. The only way your point would work is if no one voted.but people will still vote no matter what. If you don't vote, you have no right to b*tch when they do something wrong.

However, if they do something wrong, most states have recall laws that allow us to REMOVE a public official from office before their term is over. Some don't allow it to be done to federal officials but others don't care. We still have some power over them, and by exerting it we can scare the # out of the rest of congress.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join