It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For people that think Ron Paul will do more of the same

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I must ask...Why do I keep seeing posts from people that say Ron Paul is just another puppet and he wont change anything. It is obvious that he is in this thing for the right reasons. Common sense will tell you that if the MSM is trying to blackout his message and his campaign, he is not linked to the "other" side of the govt. When a presidential candidate agrees to take a meager salary of $40k, he is not in it for the money. If he was part of the "illuminati" or whatever groups you seem to think he is part of, then why in the world would they be trying to censor him. Wouldn't they praise him and put him in the front? It just doesn't make any sense to me. The simple fact that Ron Paul is not talked about or endorsed by the MSM, which is basically owned by the govt, should be more than enough evidence that they don't want him in power, and is why they are trying to endorse every OTHER candidate that is running....and failing in that regards too lol...I don't agree with everything Dr. Paul says, but I have never felt more free inside, than when watching his videos and wondering what life could be like. I will say, I jumped on the Obama bandwagon at first and I am really upset at myself for not doing the needed research and I vowed that I would never vote for a corrupt politician again...Dr. Ron Paul has changed my mind and I am trying to get as many people as I can to wake up and realize that this country is about to be hell if we don't do something about it now. Sorry for the rant.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
1) They could be ultra-cynical.

2) Or they could actually not understand much philosophy.

3) Or they haven't been paying attention at all for the last few decades.

4) Or they may be sock-puppets seeking to undermine the situation.

The odds of them being right are so infinitesimally low that I would have to go with one of the above assumptions.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel5383

RP would be the veto king.

If elected.

Veto-ing all the B.S. congress can try to shove the american people.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

(5) They could believe that no matter who sits in the President's seat, he has no real power and is just a figurehead.

Or does that fit under #1?

That's the only reason I think Paul may be ineffective. I love his ideas, but can he and will he actually be able to manifest anything once he gets behind the curtain?
edit on 12/7/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I will say, I jumped on the Obama bandwagon at first and I am really upset at myself for not doing the needed research and I vowed that I would never vote for a corrupt politician again...Dr. Ron Paul has changed my mind and I am trying to get as many people as I can to wake up and realize that this country is about to be hell if we don't do something about it now.

You were just like me. I was on the Obama bandwagon back when he was running. I'm ashamed to say that I voted for him(in my mind anyways; I was in 10th grade back then) because he was black and that would've been history. Well I got what I asked for history was made. I was so behind him that everybody who challenged him in my view was either stupid or a racist. But after reviewing Alex Jones' Obama Deception that was the starting point of me doubting him. And after extensive research I found out the hard way he lied to not only me, but everyone who has and still believes in him. I realize that he doesn't have our best interest in mind and neither do all these backstabbers and money junkies he appointed in his administration. And with the upcoming election coming under way people really do need to research the SENSIBLE candidate not just the candidate who received the most money. Republican, Democrats, Left-Wing, Right-Wing, it doesn't matter! It never should've mattered this our country we are talking about! And we keep electing the same flip-flopping, scandalous, two-faced, psychopaths every four years! This is our finally chance! This is America's finally chance! We need to make this count for not only us, but for the world as well. Sorry for the rant myself. lol!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

that could be true, and there is no real way to know unless we get him elected....but if that does happen....well then we are totally screwed...time to move to another country lol

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

Yea I know what you mean...I didnt know much about Obama except that he was for the middle to lower class, which I am in, and he talked about legislation about marijuana laws...and for that i was on board. Then I seen the poll thing they held on the white house website I think it was, and the most asked question was something to do with legalizing marijuana, and he totally has just forgotten about it. I then started to question well maybe this guy isnt gonna do what he says...boy, was I in for a surprise lol

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Because this is ATS and if it ain't a conspiracy theory, it ain't reality.

^^ well thats what I get from some members.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hey may not be able to push many of his ideas through congress, but he would have the ability to bring all our troops home from everywhere..and I DO believe he would.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The problem stems from a loss of Hope in what can be. They feel that all is lost and there's no control over the future of the country or the way government operates. This mentality is what leads to defeat. It's from those types that you hear the "He'll just be another nameplate on the door" spiel. And yes, Obama fooled a lot of us. Broke a lot of promises too.

By the way Paul was on CNN today, Brooke Baldwin interviewed him for a few minutes and she asked some run of the mill questions, such as "How are you going to grab the the population's vote en masse, if your views are so outside the box and not mainstream?" (something along those lines), and his response was, "The problem isn't that I am so outside the box, it's that so many Americans are still trapped in the box and I'm trying to change that!"... Not exact quotes, but he handled the interview flawlessly.

He also stated the fact that he has more military support than all other candidates combined, and he went on to describe Newt Gingrich as the flavor-of-the-week... He was really in rare form, at the end of the interview it was as if a barrage of verbal machine gun like truth came forth from his mouth.

Yeah I know, cool story bro, right? If the interview gets posted on YouTube you'll be sure to see it here on ATS soon enough.

Oh wait, sure enough the interview is up... Hope it's on topic enough and that you don't mind my posting it.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Sek82 because: typo/add video

top topics

join