It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cold War" with Iran heats up across Mideast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

From proxy wars in Iraq and Syria to computer worm attacks and unexplained explosions in Iran - to allegations of an assassination plot in Washington - a confrontation once kept behind the scenes is breaking into increasingly open view.

The storming of Britain's Tehran embassy last week - and the tit-for-tat shutdown of Iran's embassy in London - were just the latest signs that already limited dialogue is beginning to break down. That, analysts say, is inherently dangerous.

"With Iran, you have a government that is increasingly isolated and acting in increasingly unpredictable ways," says Jon Alterman, director of the Middle East program at the Center for Strategic and National Studies in Washington.

"There is certainly the risk that a country will take the deliberate decision to attack Iran. But there is also the risk that something happens that provokes... a war that nobody planned and nobody wants."

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Well written overview of the situation up to today....

Something tells me this cold war will get real hot after Christmas.
edit on 7-12-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Is attacking worms on PC's called cold war ?

Or better call it ww3 ?

Worms slow down pc's while Trojans work as spies.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yep, I think the USA, UK and Israil will keep slowly turning up the boiler with more and more attacks until all out war is too obvious to deny. Isreal and the US want Iran really badly. Personally I think the US Governmemt terrorists are completely out of order.

US and UK have decalred Iran to be a terrorist based country but I have not seen I shred of reL evidwnce to the fact. But I can real off loads of terrorist activities by western countries. We have been lied to for so long and now the western governments, like mine in the UK, have been caught with thier pants down.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Yep, I think the USA, UK and Israil will keep slowly turning up the boiler with more and more attacks until all out war is too obvious to deny. Isreal and the US want Iran really badly. Personally I think the US Governmemt terrorists are completely out of order.

US and UK have decalred Iran to be a terrorist based country but I have not seen I shred of reL evidwnce to the fact. But I can real off loads of terrorist activities by western countries. We have been lied to for so long and now the western governments, like mine in the UK, have been caught with thier pants down.

Caught with our pants down? The only thing the UK has done is shut down the Iranian embassy in London and cut our ties financially with Iran. The US has had a spy drone shot down on Iranian soil but I fail to see how the UK has done anything wrong on this matter.

new topics

top topics

join