It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Equator!! Everywhere on Earth !! USA-UK-Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

You missed one:
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I call it damage control. The fact is it happened in that story 3 nights in a row. Its happened here 4 times this month alone.if not more. I am starting not to count because it happens often . But regardless The point is this,

You see a Crescent Moon looking exactly like a horizontal bowl. Where on Earth are you?
You would be on the equator where the Sun goes straight up from the eastern horizon and straight downward toward the western horizon. The Moon phases then lie on their side

www.people.vcu.edu...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Respectfully, I still think you're missing the point of that "alert."

The story was posted on 4/4/08. The whole point was to "alert" anyone reading that post that this ominous cheshire moon was going to occur again in the immediately following days (4/6/08, 4/7/08, and 4/8/08).

Taking the position that NASA is full of lying liars who lie, does it make any sense at all for them to draw attention to something if it were truly evidence of a dangerous anamoly?
edit on 7-12-2011 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I respect your side of the coin. But I never said anything about "Dangerous" I said it's not where it is supposed to be. ( Out of place ) Its an equatorial moon and its not a danger to those who live on the equator. It's not a danger to those in Canada or The UK The USA etc. It is however , Um how do I say it? Its in the Right House but it's in the Wrong City and State.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
Well troll or not to troll that is not the question. I knew I was right from the beginning. I have the links and the pictures now that prove it. I will be taking more pictures of the Equatorial Moon here in Vegas soon.

Here below is a picture from stellarium of the moon at 0 degrees. Thats 0 meaning the equator. Do you notice anything similar to mine? Here is stellariums

Here is mine taken with my camera in Las Vegaas. And it was not even set yet. It was more boat as it set.

What date is your stellarium image from?

Here is what I found on Stellarium for what the Moon should have looked like from the equator on November 4, 2011 (the date of your Las Vegas picture):

As you can see, the Moon at the equator on November 4th was NOT perfectly horizontal. Instead, it looks tilted 15° or so from horizontal. It may look similar to the way the Moon looked in Las Vegas on that night -- but with one MAJOR difference. It is tilted in the opposite direction. At the equator, the right side is tilted down from horizontal. In Las Vegas, the left side was tilted down from horizontal

For this reason, the moon seen from the equator and the Moon seen from Las Vegas were very different on that date. In your picture of the Moon from Las Vegas, it looks tilted 15° or more from horizontal also, but in the other direction from the Moon at the equator.

If you take the 15°+ that the right side is tilted down at the equator and add it top the 15°+ that the left was tilted down when seen in Las Vegas, you get a little more than 30°. And -- not surprisingly -- Las Vegas just happens to be a little more than 30° from the equator (36°, to be exact).

Therefore, my picture that shows us the way that Stellarium says the Moon should have looked from the equator on November 4 is perfectly consistent with your image from Las Vegas taken on November 4. The two pictuires of the moon look to have a diifference in tilt that is equal to the number of degrees Las Vegas is away from the equator -- 36°.

Or how about this one below. taken from the sate of Kansas. Anyone want to do the angle on this one below?

Like I showed in my graphic back on page one, due to the 23.5° tilt of the Earth relative to the ecliptic plane, and the fact that the Moon is 5° above the ecliptic plane, parts of the U.S. can be more directly beneath the Moon at times than even the equator is.

That picture of the Moon from Kansas looks to be tilted a bit also, so it isn't perfectly horizontal. I'd say it is tilted a little more than 5°, but less than 10°. Maybe about -- say -- 7°.

So if we add the 5° and the 7°, we get 12°. Subtract that from the latitude of Kansas (average latitude of 38°) and we get 26°. That's very close to the tilt 23.5° of the Earth.

Again, the math all basically works exactly as predicted. When you understand the earth's tilt and the fact that the people at the mid-to-low latitudes are looking at the moon form the side of the EarthThe Moon is predicted by the math to be able to look very tilted once in a while -- even away from the equator.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You provide nothing but diagrams from programs. Provide pics or I don't care. Have someone take a picture from these hypothetical scenerios you find on a program that is updated constantly. Your guessing while I am seeing and taking pics to prove it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I am quoting from a kindergarten textbook...

2+2 = 4

These textbooks provide absolutely ZERO proof this statement is true, yet we rely on them to instruct our future generations...and it works...

You have provided pictures of what you see...and there have been plenty of responses providing documentation and other evidence to show what you are seeing is indeed what you have posted...and it is normal...

Despite the consensus of astronomers and scientists worldwide and throughout all history, from ancient Sumeria through Copernicus, Galileo, Herschel, Keplar, Tombaugh, Lowell, etc., you state the following in support of your position:

1) It is not normal; and,
2) The PTB are purposefully spraying chemtrails to obscure the sky in order to prevent the masses from seeing what is going on (at least this one reason).

Of course, #2 falls flat on its face because at least one of the "little people," (i.e., you) have been able to BEAT them at their little game and was able to SMUGGLE some those of damaging photos out here for the benefit of all the rest of the "little people."

You live near some of the most respected astronomical observatories in the entire world. You might want to take a weekend and go to Flagstaff (Lowell Observatory) and ask them...Costs all of ten dollars and your time...

www.lowell.edu...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

If you have toes or fingers you can figure out any addition up to the number 20, unless your double jointed and then you can start slide rule calculations.

If your going to tell me that observation is supposed to take a back seat to litterature and quoting past experiences as if we will never have a possible chance to witness change or evolution in the heavens then you are the one that needs to talk to an astronomer and take some time "Off".

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I do not have as easy access to the prominent resource I provided you. I am all for observation. I made a suggestion for you to take a trip there and see what you can see and find out more about this very important topic. Like I said, just a suggestion....it will give you an opportunity to talk face-to-face with people who have been doing this all their lives and have made it their life work...See what they have to say...what would it hurt?

See, one thing nobody has ever told you here is this:

SHAME ON YOU FOR SKIRTING THE PTB and beating them at their game and snapping that picture of the Moon...HOW DARE YOU!!!

Nope...nobody has said that...All they have done is commented on your photo and explained it is normal...
edit on 12/10/2011 by jeichelberg because: Further content

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would like to applaud all the members who keep on providing a seemingly infinite amount of explanations for the OP's supposed anomaly.

@OP:

Do you have any idea what causes the moon to light up on one side or entirely? That is the sun. If that light moves it means one of these 4 things:

1: the moon moved
2: the earth tilted
3: the sun moved
4: you misinterpeted something

Since point 1-3 would have MAJOR effects on, well say, EVERYTHING... Do you really think this is the case?

Apart from that, why are you the only one who seems to see this? Is that one of those cases of "What happens in Vegas..."

Bye

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

well said , In this thread and the OP`s previous moon threads, many people have provided good solid science and math based answers.,and most people have at least stayed civil and polite, unlike some of the other threads on ATS lately.

OP , it makes a difference what time you take your photos, can you please provide times for your posted photos and any future ones .

thanks

snoopyuk
edit on 10-12-2011 by snoopyuk because: sp

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

It is not a question of the moon catching the reflection of light . Its a question of where the light is in relationship to the location of the observer. And you can't have an equatorial moon on the 36th parelell month after month.

For the moon to set ;"Bowl or Boat" it has to be on the same parelell as the observer if thats what is being observed. ( I have pictures of this )

Plus you saying that 1-3 would have major effects on just about everything. What does that have to do with anything unless you can tell me conclusively what the effects would be. Not guessing but conclusively.
I dont agree with you. The moon can suffer a mild orbital change and not be hurled into outer space.

I have provided just as many links and data to refute the claims that I am wrong on this one. I also have pictures and that is the greatest evidence you seem to be forgetting. Observation is not a thing that you throw in the trunk and pretend it doesn't count. Surely you know this.

If the weatherman says it's going to be 85 tomorrow and it winds up being 105 who is right? The weatherman or the one who goes out and sees the temp is 105 and sweats while they feel it and read the thermometer??

I don't know what web you're on but the one I'm on has plenty of people commenting on this moon and how strange it is and how they have never seen it before. People I talk to on the street and over the phone say they never seen it like this before. The only people who seem to think it is normal are you few here.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBabyThe only people who seem to think it is normal are you few here.

And just about every astronomer (both amateur and professional) throughout the world who isn't shouting from observatory rooftops that the moon is behaving abnormally.

From my view, the only ones claiming there is anything wrong are folks on conspiracy websites and Youtube channels that focus on fantasies such as Nibiru, chemtrails, and reptillian overlords.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I know little of reptiles and I am not so childish as to put them on authority of counsel, I do however know how to read.

You see a Crescent Moon looking exactly like a horizontal bowl. Where on Earth are you?
You would be on the equator where the Sun goes straight up from the eastern horizon and straight downward toward the western horizon. The Moon phases then lie on their side

www.people.vcu.edu...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

So now we have duelling .edu links. Now what?

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

Is the Moon seen as a crescent (and not a "boat") all over the world? Is the same phase of the moon visible from the Northern and Southern hemispheres?

Recently a friend of mine visited the country of Bali in Africa. She claims that because that country is south of the equator, the Moon, instead of having a crescent shape during certain phases, will actually have a "boat" shape. Is she pulling my leg ?? Isn't the crescent shape seen the whole world over ??

Sabrina: The appearance of the crescent moon will also change depending on the season for an observer staying at a single location on the Earth. We know the Earth does not sit right-side-up in its orbit - instead the Earth's axis is tilted and this tilt is what causes the seasons. Just as the Sun's path is different across the sky depending on the season (the path is longer during the summer giving us more direct sunlight and hotter days), the Moon's path will be different as well. What part of the Moon gets illuminated (i.e. whether it looks like a crescent or a boat) depends on how high the Moon is in the sky. During summer in the northern hemisphere, we are tipped away from the Moon's orbit, putting the Moon lower in the sky and creating more of a crescent. During winter in the north, we are tipped toward the Moon's orbit, putting the Moon higher in the sky and creating more of a boat.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You see a Crescent Moon looking exactly like a horizontal bowl.

As has been pointed out, you have not shown us a picture of the Moon looking exactly like a horizontal bowl at your latitude.

edit on 12/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The next time they decide to cut down on the trails in the sky. I will get you a few.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I see you were able to view the lunar eclipse this morning. No "spraying" I guess.
Tell me, do you think it would have occurred as predicted if something were wrong with the Moon?

edit on 12/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So what happened to the Winter Path of the Moon.

PS .How many decades ago did they predict today eclipse? 30 yrs ago?
or 30 months ago? A year ago?

The point is ,, I can spin a top counter clockwise , even if thats the wrong rotation for it. But eitherway clockwise or counter clockwise, I can predict with absouloute certainty that its going to stop spinning and fall.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Phage

The next time they decide to cut down on the trails in the sky. I will get you a few.

According to the math, you will not see it perfectly horizontal in the U.S., but maybe a little farter south across to border into Mexico.

According to the Old Farmer's Almanac, the best time to see an "almost" horizontal Moon in the southern U.S. will differ depending on the phase:

- A very "young" Moon (the thinnest waxing crescent) will be most horizontal in the spring (March, April, and May). This phase (by definition) will be seen close behind the setting sun -- so you will see it best right after sunset.

- A very "old" Moon (the thinnest waning crescent) will be most horizontal during the fall (September, October, and November). This phase (by definition) will be seen close ahead of the rising sun -- so you will see it best immediately before sunrise.

- The last quarter Moon (similar to the photo you took from Las Vegas on November 4) will be the most noticeably tilted in the winter,but most noticeable at Moon-set. That's because it sets late at night, but rises during the daylight hours. So most people only notice it if they are out late at night or after midnight.

- The first quarter Moon (similar to the photo you took from Las Vegas on November 19) will also be the most noticeably tilted in the winter, but most noticeable at Moon-rise. That;s because it rises in the early morning (while it is dark), but sets during the daylight hours. So mot people only notice it if they are out at pre-dawn.

Those are your best times of the year/day to see the various phases of the Moon look most tilted toward the horizontal in the United States. The further south you are, the more tilted it will look.

However, that's not always true for the entire Northern Hemisphere. You can go "too far" south and see a less tilted Moon. For example, the last quarter Moon we has last week (December 2) was more horizontal-looking when seen at night from 20° North of the equator than it was from the equator itself. This is due to the tilt of the Earth.

In fact, it would have looked more tilted from Las Vegas on that day(ooking somewhere around 16° from being horizontal, with the right side higher than the left side) than it would have from the equator, where it would have looked about 20° away from being horizontal (with the left side higher than the right).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join