It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the Equator!! Everywhere on Earth !! USA-UK-Canada

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnitudeZero
Lol!

Haha, I just read back through the thread - because I thought "oh no, it would be really embarrassing if my response had already been mentioned, and then I'd look like a tool on ATS of all places".

How can you all have such heated debates about Lunar phases, changes in the Earth's tilt etc, and not recognise earthshine when you see it?

The Earthshine in that image has nothing to do with what we are discussing. We have been talking about that image in regards to the lower crescent of the moon that is lit up by the sun, not the upper majority that is lit by the Earth.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by comppwizz
reply to post by ProudBird

it does when people are using magnetic north to prove that every thing is where it should be.
and they are using programs that get updated every other week to correct any number of issues with what ?
omg we totaly got our calculations wrong on where every thing chould be next week we need to send out a update right away so people wont think there is something wrong and start some end of the world crap lol

where do they all get there UPDATED star charts from ? nasa ?

Forget the computer updates. What about the ancient observatories?
According to observatories made by ancient people, the Sun and Moon are where they should be.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

You ask why the 40th parallel is being fixated on...yet the images provided as to why this is all so wrong and how the moon is totally jacked up have all been from where? Yea...around 40 degrees north.

Tut tut...links have been provided with photos and there has been witness testimony in this thread from 33 degrees n latitude, 35 degrees n latitude, 36 degrees n latitude, 38.5 degrees n latitude, 39 degrees n latitude, 40 degrees n latitude, 42 degrees n latitude, 47.5 degrees n latitude, 51 degrees n latitude, 53 degrees n latitude, 54 degrees n latitude. There is one entry for 40 degrees n latitude. Let's be precise, shall we?

You can't ask for precision and then blatantly disregard it everywhere else it is given to you in this thread.

The angular orientation of the phases of the moon will be near identical to the naked eye from one location to the other at such a small difference.

Prove it. The moon is currently around 22 degrees. That's a difference of 14 degrees to Las Vegas, which is a difference of 966 miles/1554 kilometers. Prove to me that the light on the moon, all the light at the bottom, the boat moon, is the same angle from those two locations. And please, no polar orbits for the moon.

The difference in miles is a bit meaningless when talking about degrees unless you are trying to make something non-sensational seem more exaggerated.

You already answered your own question. If the moon is in position for a crescent moon at the horizon, it could have as little angular rotation as 14 degrees from being perfectly horizontal in Las Vegas if the ecliptic is currently above 22 degrees north on the night side of Earth.

That would put it even more horizontal than Cherub's original image, and is again, perfectly normal.

The old picture from Cape Canaveral is important because the moon is pretty close to being perfectly horizontal at 28.5 degrees north. That would mean that the same moon, when viewed from Las Vegas on the same night, would - by the same simple subtraction we used before - have a rotation of around 7.5 degrees.

Even if the moon in the Cape photo is actually tilted at 5 degrees, it would still make it closer to being perfectly horizontal when viewed in Las Vegas than Cherub's original photo. (12.5 degrees)

Given how old Cherub stated he was in one of these threads of his, that means this has been happening his entire life, yet this crap all started because he said -this winter- was the first time it has ever ever happened. The Cape photo completely and utterly debunks such a ridiculous claim.
edit on 6-3-2012 by Dashdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by CherubBaby

and as so many people are so fond of saying "the Sun and stars are right where they should be" - maybe the Earth's orbit has changed slightly.

If the latter were true, the former would not be true with respect to each other, in other words, the Sun would not be where it should be relative to the stars. It is.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by ngchunter

You just contradicted your entire claim. Now, what do you think it's going to look like on January 30 1971 from 29.5 degrees north? 30.5? 31.5? Etc, at what point will it suddenly be a "vertical" moon not a "horizontal" moon? You could use Stellarium to find out...

Nothing has been contradicted.

reply to post by CherubBaby

OP: here are some links in support of the boat moon at the equator. Now there are boats galore in diverse places.

Equatorial moon is a term that describes the boat moon as seen on the equator. The equator is at 0 degrees on earth and runs around the center of it halfway between both poles.

This is about the boat moon, an equatorial phenomena, being seen all around the world at diverse latitudes.

The boat moon is a question of latitude. It happens at the equator.

If the sun is at 28.5 Tropic of Cancer, the moon must be there too, theoretically, for a boat moon although I have never read anything about just the boat moon that says anything other than it is seen at the equator.

You are such a liar. Everyone look at that last quote, clear as crystal, Luxor clearly stated and believed that the "boat moon" only happened at the equator, not as far north as 28.5 degrees. She now changes her tune and pretends she didn't change her tune.

Please spare me your stellarium construct. It is clear that stellarium shows the moon where it is and not where it should be.

Stellarium simply shows where the moon should be based on its orbit. It uses ELP2000-82B, which was published in 1983, twenty years before you claim the moon started acting strange.
articles.adsabs.harvard.edu...
It's up to you to show how that is wrong and gives a value for the moon's position that shows "where it is" and "not where it should be."

The boat moon, smile moon, all the light at the bottom moon is being seen as far north as Poland. This doesn't give you even a bit of a chill?

No, because dishonest people like you tend to have a very loose definition of what constitutes a "smile moon."
edit on 6-3-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by comppwizz

What the H are you going on about??

it does when people are using magnetic north to prove that every thing is where it should be.

Who is doing that? Where in this discussion was that done? If it was done by the OP (who is always wrong, wrong, wrong) well then.....there ya go!

and they are using programs that get updated every other week to correct any number of issues with what ?

What the H are you talking about? This is nonsense.

where do they all get there UPDATED star charts from ? nasa ?[/quoe]

More nonsense. NASA is not the only Space Agency on the planet.

Go, get educated and grab a cup of reality.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

.......and I empathize with your frustration.

This is trolling behavior.

I have read through every post here, and any time someone who has shown to be incorrect in so many ways carries on in this manner, there is no other term for it that describes it more succinctly.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

reply to post by ColAngus

I went to a lot of effort to find those easily understood links for you showing what might possibly be causing the boat at diverse mid-latitudes and all you have to say is how awesome you are? Anyway, on to the corrections: Sedna couldn't cause it, not enough mass. Nibiru wasn't mentioned in the links I provided. They were mostly from traditional sources and included Mike Brown, a sort of mouthpiece for NASA when it comes to things Kuiper and Oort. Tyche was not mentioned although it's a personal favorite and Cybertron and Romulan - what??!! So in the future, it's going to be two-liners for you.

Oh puh-leaze. Cut the sanctimonious routine. I've asked you twice now to answer my question: is the moon over Las Vegas always a boat now, or does it alternate with being a more vertical crescent, as you claim it must always be?

If the answer is that it is NOT always a boat, then please answer my question as to how/why that could be? Is the moon fluctuating between being "off" and "on"?

My whole bit on the heavy mass object angle has to do with both you and Cherub admitting in a different thread that you believed there was a rogue mass out there causing this "off" behavior of the moon. So don't act like I'm trying to assasinate your character. You've done more than well enough in that respect yourself.

Seriously, why don't you join the Nancy Leider group at this link since they are all on the same page with you?

poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dashdragon

You already answered your own question. If the moon is in position for a crescent moon at the horizon, it could have as little angular rotation as 14 degrees from being perfectly horizontal in Las Vegas if the ecliptic is currently above 22 degrees north on the night side of Earth.

Why is that? I haven't read anything like that at all. If you are saying that the light on the moon tilts a degree for every degree of latitude - you need to supply some sort of a link or something to substantiate that because observation doesn't show that at all. I know someone else said that in this thread but they never supplied anything to back it up.

The old picture from Cape Canaveral is important because the moon is pretty close to being perfectly horizontal at 28.5 degrees north. That would mean that the same moon, when viewed from Las Vegas on the same night, would - by the same simple subtraction we used before - have a rotation of around 7.5 degrees.

Again, same as the previous - why would that be? Also, the moon is not currently at 28.5 degrees, it is at 22 degrees and yet the boat moon is being seen at many different latitudes. Poland, for instance, at 54 degrees north latitude shouldn't have anything even slightly resembling a boat, even by your mysterious calculations.

The Cape photo completely and utterly debunks such a ridiculous claim.

The Cape Canaveral photo is at 28.24 degrees north latitude. The moon can be overhead as far north as 28.5 degrees every 18.6 years. Every 18.6 years, it is possible for this to happen. The last time the moon was that far north was in 2006. Right now the moon is closer to minimum than to maximum so all things should be normal but they are not. The boat moon is being seen at many different northern latitudes. So it debunks nothing and is well within the capabilities of the moon in the 18.6 year cycle. The sun doesn't get that far north ever and, saying that, I guess I should get a 2nd opinion on the photo.

...was able to reach someone to verify the photo - may be a day or two.

edit on 7-3-2012 by luxordelphi because: add last sentence.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You talk like a street thug. Your relevance in that mode is limited. It makes me extremely suspicious of the Cape Canaveral photo. You understand nothing about the cycles of the moon which is clear from your reluctance to engage about them. Your post is a joke.

You are such a liar.

Everyone look at that last quote, clear as crystal, Luxor clearly stated and believed that the "boat moon" only happened at the equator, not as far north as 28.5 degrees. She now changes her tune and pretends she didn't change her tune.

I said:

...although I have never read anything about just the boat moon that says anything other than it is seen at the equator.

It's up to you to show how that is wrong and gives a value for the moon's position that shows "where it is" and "not where it should be."

It's not up to me to prove anything about stellarium.

No, because dishonest people like you tend to have a very loose definition of what constitutes a "smile moon."

Really. You haven't provided any definition at all. You prefer to hurl insults because you have no substance to offer. Photography has been around since the 1800's. It should be fairly simple to provide a bunch of pictures of the boat moon, all the light at the bottom, for every winter prior to 1990. It's very simple for me to provide them now. So where are all these pictures from 36 degrees north latitude and 40 and 50 and 54?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by luxordelphi

.......and I empathize with your frustration.

This is trolling behavior.

I have read through every post here, and any time someone who has shown to be incorrect in so many ways carries on in this manner, there is no other term for it that describes it more succinctly.

I have yet to see an argument. There was a glimmer a few posts back. The majority of this thread was a discussion of the seasonal moon. (Excuse me while I go lmao.) The rest has just been name calling. And I
still empathize - because you are clearly out of your element.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So...a brief respite from your two-liners? Baited, as it were, by...?
Asking for answers that have already been given.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dashdragon

I said this winter was the first time it had ever happened? Where do you find that? Regardless I have said and will say again I have no memory of this my entire life until recent years. (early 2000's ) Be that as it may, I have no mental deficancies. I will just say I am really not concerned with what or who believes what or where they believe it. I am concerned and deeply motivated to curtail name calling i:e: liars, liar, etc. Or maybe someone would like to tell me that Luxor is a liar and I just never noticed?? I take it Personal and I Can Prove That.

If this doen't apply, please let it fly...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

You know what? This is a discussion. Opinions come and go and so do certain facts. but regardless of what you believe or what you don't believe you have no right to call Luxor a liar. You need to really think on this one. You don't need to and you shouldn't call Luxor a liar. She is not a liar.. Understand?? She is not a liar!! I don't know who you think you are but I have my first time to call you a liar or any other crew member a liar.

You don't have to agree with anyone . You don't have to disagree with everyone. But you do have to make a mental note to curb your personal slurs. ( Calling people liars ) who disagree with you. Its not right, its not true and it's not very smart. I am deadly serious. Now tell me, Am I a liar?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

You know what? This is a discussion. Opinions come and go and so do certain facts. but regardless of what you believe or what you don't believe you have no right to call Luxor a liar. You need to really think on this one. You don't need to and you shouldn't call Luxor a liar. She is not a liar.. Understand?? She is not a liar!!

Yelling it won't make it true. She claimed nothing was contradicted. She clearly stated multiple times that the "boat moon" was limited to "the equator." She even specifically said it shouldn't occur at 28.5 degrees latitude.

If the sun is at 28.5 Tropic of Cancer, the moon must be there too, theoretically, for a boat moon although I have never read anything about just the boat moon that says anything other than it is seen at the equator. In fact, I have read sites that say if you are seeing this moon, where on earth are you? And the answer is: on the equator.

The Cape Canaveral photo contradicts her previous claim. She said it didn't contradict anything. She flat-out lied. I have every right to point out the fact that she lied, because that's what it is, it's a fact.
edit on 8-3-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

It's not up to me to prove anything about stellarium.

Yes, it is. You made the claim, it's up to you to prove it.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

you cant be serious and tell me that saying it shouldnt means you think its not. The point is there are many articles that say its an equatorial phenomena. The same articles say if you were seeing a boat moon cheshire moon smiley moon etc "where would you be on the earth?" The answer given by the ones I have read ages ago is
"You would be on the equator" Thats all I can tell you. I dont care if you or anyone cares. I dont come here for a mental evaluation. And I dont give them. You and anyone else owe me nothing, unless ,,,

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

you cant be serious and tell me that saying it shouldnt means you think its not. The point is there are many articles that say its an equatorial phenomena.

No, the point is Luxor claimed nothing was contradicted by that photo. She lied. She suddenly tried to switch her tune without admitting she was switching her tune on where the "boat moon" could be seen.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

you cant be serious and tell me that saying it shouldnt means you think its not. The point is there are many articles that say its an equatorial phenomena. The same articles say if you were seeing a boat moon cheshire moon smiley moon etc "where would you be on the earth?" The answer given by the ones I have read ages ago is
"You would be on the equator" Thats all I can tell you....

These fact is true:

The perfectly horizontal Moon can only be seen between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn -- an area which includes the equator -- and can always be seen at some time during the year in those areas.

The perfectly horizontal Moon can be seen at the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn during their respective winter solstices, and the location that perfectly horizontal Moon will change throughout the year (although that location remaining between the two Tropics), and will be able to be seen at the equator during the sprig and fall equinoxes.

This fact is false:

A very tilted-looking Moon can never be seen anywhere else except at the equator (or between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn).

Obviously, if it looks perfectly 100% horizontal at the tropic of Cancer during the winter solstice, it will still look very tilted (albeit a little less so) a few degrees north of the tropic of Cancer. I mean, it obviously doesn't suddenly go from looking perfectly horizontal to looking perfectly vertical just by a person walking a few miles North of the Tropic. That wouldn't make any sense.

It will look about 1° less tilted for every degree north of the Tropic on Cancer you go. So a to person at 1° north of the Tropic of Cancer, the Moon will look about 1° away from being perfectly horizontal around the time of the winter solstice. To person at 5° north of the Tropic of Cancer, the Moon will look about 5° away from being perfectly horizontal. 15° North of the Tropic of Cancer = 15° away from being perfectly horizontal.

15° away from being perfectly horizontal is still quite a bit tilted, and would look something like this:

Even though it is not perfectly horizontal, there are still people who would probably call that a "Boat Moon". By the way, Las Vegas (your location) lies within 15° north of the Tropic of Cancer.

edit on 3/8/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So...a brief respite from your two-liners? Baited, as it were, by...?
Asking for answers that have already been given.

Please humor me and provide them again, cause I've gone over your posts this morning from this entire trainwreck of a thread, and I just don't see where you've explained how the moon can one month being fine to the next month being a billboard for doom.

Unless of course you can't, which would explain why you'd further decline to do so at this time.

But no rush, I'll wait....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join