It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France moves towards ending prostitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

France to ban prostitution ??

www.globalpost.com

France to move towards ending prostitution? Hmmm...what were they doing all these years?
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Wed Dec 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: title must be the same as source title

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think the underground economy will generate double the revenue which will be channeled off for kickbacks. Generally any money making industry if it becomes illegal, it generates double the amount in Revenue underground.

Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs etc etc are just few industries which were allowed to remain illegal until the Government decided to collect the tax. However this is a one step forward and 2 step backward move. I'm sure you might agree or disagree but I'm just throwing this out here for discussion.

www.globalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Bad move....pushing the sex trade underground only leads to death and suffering. Where the women are treated lower than filth and physical crimes go ignored.

Just take at how well Canada has done with prostitution....especially in Vancouver..Robert Pickton anyone?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, there goes the French Perfume industry and my comment every time I enter Macy's department store... "It smell like a French whore house in here"
Good times!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

well most people do not use de-odorant or anti-perspirant in france (atleast from my visit to paris). Thus the perfume industry might remain intact regardless of the prostitution industry

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Agreed. However the goal should be to eradicate as a way of making a living (though it is difficult and possibly impossible)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm so tired of having people hear news, and not stand up for one another completely and chase the politicans off with brooms and pitchforks if they ever promote crapola. I don't believe in prostitution. However all the social injustice and abuse that goes into it needs to be addressed by an equal loving upgraded world that is worthy of joining the benevolent side of the cosmos. Until then, we need to ensure politicians feel on the line, and under our thumbs. And get rid of judges. I don't empower judges. I don't stand under them or anyone. I denounce fasicsm, fully to infinity and beyond. Counsels of highly eduated citizens, half women and half men, no winner take all and no pyramids is all I endorse ever. Period. We need to stop letting things slide, person by person, law by law, etc etc, and simply reject ever allowing any of it. Big difference it would make if anytime they attempted any regression or unjust bill millions surrounded their buildings, and court houses too if any unjust trials were going on to free the citizen. I'd be freeing them. Just march and grab them and march out. They would back down if people always did this and never let anything slide or anyone be targeted. There are a lot of laws that would be overturned.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is how it should have been all along. People hear things. They get upset at the fascist thugs who took over the management of their society again and so they go to the town square, where they always go whenever something needs to be done, and everyone does this, so they're always pleasantly surprised to find huge group already there. Then they march on the government buildings and fire all the supporters of this. That is the way it should have always been and should be now. And would be if everyone was like me. Only basic common laws that prohibit someone from harming another, like rape and murder, embezzlement/fraud (something our leaders are very good at) should be on the books and anything else, well I'm sorry to tell you it must have my approval. You'd have to have everyone agree and cooperate and it would be valid for those who do submit but anyone sane enough not to can't be forced to stand under any insane group of criminals.

And most of their stuff doesnt, I see crimes that would make me a criminal to participate in or endorse. I don't under criminals.[
edit on 7-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Vardoger

Agreed. However the goal should be to eradicate as a way of making a living (though it is difficult and possibly impossible)

Why?

2nd

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The world's oldest profession is not going anywhere... it will just be illegal now, unregulated, and resigned to mafia-type thugs who will beat, torture, and entrap the men and women doing the "work".

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Lol in Germany when i was in the army all my friends wanted to do was go to the red light district. Constantly dropping 100 euro on a girl who wasnt that good looking. I refused to pay for sex almost in a ego centric way. I was always able to get sex just by going tot he clubs and bars and being myself. I prefer the chase and the prize not just one or the other. Anyway other than feeding my friends sex addiction problems and draining there pockets i think prostiution should be legal. These women in Germany had to be tested, there was no pimping infact the head of the whore house or mistress was a women. She wouldnt have sex but damn she was really pretty, she'd always give me free beer while my friends were in the rooms taking care of buisness. I also think the alcohol age should be lowered here too. What i found is mostly americans are the ones with alcohol problems and sex addictions because these things are so taboo we gravitate towards them with a guilty consious and guilt is a control mechanism. Anyway thats my take on this stuff and some of my experince

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I find it amusing that politicians of all people rally behind the vilification of prostitution... considering they are mostly equal in professional methodology.....

Most importantly, Unity reminded me of a quote from history... attributed to Plato:

(paraphrasing here)

“The price good people pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil people.”

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hmm.. No more legal prostitution in France. Now there really will be no reason to go there.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I find it amusing that politicians of all people rally behind the vilification of prostitution... considering they are mostly equal in professional methodology.....

I think that is grossly unfair..........politicians don't say they are going to screw you!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Oh dear God, what will the politicians do now for income?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Bah, Humbug! This ruins everything.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hp1229

How will affect them??

It's only prostitutes who won't be allowed to legally screw anyone!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hp1229

Well when the legal roads are closing in with the possible EU crisis, ofcourse make the profession illegal and thrive off the underground economy

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
And so ends a legacy of poor taste french hooker jokes...

Sad day for all of us..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join