It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich gets 14 years in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Rod Blagojevich got 14 years for trying to sell Obama's Senate seat and other wrongdoings.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Meanwhile, back in congress . . . . . there are more than a handful of potential inmates who'll never see the inside of a courtroom let alone the view looking out of a prison cell.

Go figure.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Haha good, that little weasel..Made me sick how he acted in public on tv, thinking he is hot stuff.

U

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I guess his bid to get on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" is about to take on a whole new meaning.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I thought it was a great comment the Judge made. He told Blago he didn't have the personality to be in politics.

I feel sad for his family, especially his kids. From what I understand, They have lost their home, money. These kids are gonna have a long road ahead of them. I hope for them they have a strong family bond with relatives.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think he needs to be punished...but I'm not happy that taxpayers have to pay for him to sit in a cushy "jail" for 14 years. Because you know he isn't going to a maximum security real prison.

There has got to be a better punishment.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL
Haha good, that little weasel..Made me sick how he acted in public on tv, thinking he is hot stuff.

U

So, someone does something on t.v. And that's god enough to send him away for 14 years? I wouldn't want you as a juror. Let's remember that this man was trying to expose crimes of obama and rahm, 14 years is the penalty for that.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Obama will pardon him in a year. This guys not doing 14 years, no way

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I think he needs to be punished...but I'm not happy that taxpayers have to pay for him to sit in a cushy "jail" for 14 years. Because you know he isn't going to a maximum security real prison.

It's simple. Get rid of the cushy prisons. General population for all. Equal justice under the law, and all that.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

And thus the flaw of your tax payer prison system. Enjoy your satisfaction you feel from frying a small fish, 14 years should cost a few million dollars. It's expensive just to feel a bit safer.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Yes, I can see him getting a pardon. I don't think it will be next year. I think they will let him sit for a while and when the story is forgotten, then he will be pardoned.

edit on 7-12-2011 by crappiekat because: sp

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sell a seat 14 years...
Sell the country, priceless.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Blago got 14 years.

His hair got the death penalty.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Putting him (or everyone) in a maximum security general population prison would just cost more money.

My point is not that the punishment is too lenient...but that it cost the state money. Why should a punishment cost the state money?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I'd be fine with cutting off his nose and arms, breaking his legs, and sending him on his way. That wouldn't cost much. These would only cost 33 cents.

.45 ACP

Yet again, problem solved.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Oh look...internet tough guy talk.

I guess you just solved all the problems

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think the judge made this decision not only to say to Blago, "You know the law and yet you still did what you did" But I think this was a message for others to follow. The judge said himself it will be a deterent for some and not for others.
Jeez, Blago didn't even try to make a whole hearted apology until the last hour. And personally, I didn't really buy it.
edit on 7-12-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So, what are your solutions....other than simply complaining?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join