It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My NDE; Tell Me Your's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would like to share my out of body experience. I have always been interested in this topic. Some of the stories are so amazing and yet some don't make any sense to the person reading about it. Ultimately, however, it makes sense to the person experiencing it. I am not looking for someone to critique it or analize it, but seek to start a thread where others can post their own experience along side my own.

HERES MINE:

I had my experience almost 20 years ago. I was 28 years old, married, had two small children and was taking a computer class in the mornings.

And so my story goes:

While in the middle of class, I started to feel a huge weight on my chest (like an elephant was sitting on top of me). All the sudden, the room started to turn a misty, colorless, grey and total confusion was starting to set in, making my brain feel very 'fuzzy'. I got up and left the classroom (not smart) and went into the girl's bathroom and stretched out upon the floor. Not knowing what to do, I was feeling completely 'out of it, but knew I definitely needed help. Finally, a young girl came in and helped me to the office, where I collasped in front of the secretary's desk.

What I did not know at the time was that my heart had stopped. Nevertheless, I could hear different discussions going on around me at the same time and understood what was being said. It was as if my understanding, as well as my hearing had somehow become 'supersonic'.

When the paramedics arrived. I could hear everything they and the police were saying: "She doesn't have a pulse"; "Her heart has stopped"; "Start an IV line"; "She is too young to have heart failure"; "Is her husband here yet?".

Thats when I knew that I was dying... or had died. I certainly didn't feel dead and, in fact, I felt more alive than I had ever felt in my life. My senses felt as if they had truely just awakened and my body felt completely weightless. Please keep in mind that, at this point, I was completely unconscious and had no vitals.

I then hear my husband's voice asking: "Where is my wife?; "Is she ok?"; "... I just followed all these police and EMS vehicles to the school". Meanwhile, I am watching and listening to all of this as it transpires. Next, I see my husband and daughter standing to the left of me as I am laying on the floor, with the paramedics still working on getting my heart going. Did I feel anything?...No; Nothing. I was in a state of total peace at this time...with absolutely no fear whatsoever. It all felt as if I was simply an observer to all that was going on around my lifeless body.

The most amazing part of this entire experience to me..is what happens with my daughter. I see my daughter's face filled with fear (she just turned 5yrs old) and I sit up to hold her and offer her comfort. Only the thing was, that my body wasn't actually, physically, sitting upright. My spirit, on the other hand, actually was. I held out my arms to her and tell her: "Mommy is going to be ok and I will be home in 3 days". From her, I was rewarded with the biggest smile ever!

That's all that I remember in the school. My next memory is of being in the ambulance with the paramedics giving me Nitro tablets. In the end, I DID stay 3 days in the hospital and was subjected to many tests while there. The cardiologist told me that I had experienced a massive heart attack and that he was baffled as to why I had no heart damage. I believe that it was by the Grace of God that I did not.

It wasn't until years later that my daughter spoke of this experience to me. She thanked me for sitting up and comforting her with my words. I asked my husband about this and he said that he was there the whole time with her and that I never sat up until I got to the hospital and that I had only actually been revived in the ambulance on the way. To this day, my daughter will not accept that I was ever unconscious, because she swears she saw her mom sitting up and offering her comforting words. God is Good!

THATS MY STORY..DO YOU HAVE ONE TO SHARE?
edit on 12/7/2011 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wonderful thank you.

I had a close friend that went to travel China and later died of altitude sickness in Tibet
(adderal and obese don't mix)

Well before I ever got the phone call in the morning it was as if I already new.
That night I had had a dream where he and I said goodbye and were cheery about it.

Reality is stranger than fiction, truly.

edit on 7-12-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
yeah heart failure is tricky, i just had a friend pass away from a random heart failure, he was only 27... ):

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

You are welcome. The spiritual world is so mysterious to us and quite facinating. When my girlfriends daughter passed. I had a dream about her and she told me to tell her mother that she was very happy and busy getting things ready for when she came home to heaven.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

after six heart surgerys at 23 years old i still have not had one. But surely with heart problems like mine i will have one and maybe soon.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

Hiya Mysty, I dropped by to read your thread and return the compliments you posted in mine. It's a heart-warming account and probably created a deeper bond with your daughter than usual. There's an indie movie called Ink and, for some reason, it reminds me of the ending...kinda moving.

reply to post by MasterGemini

Well before I ever got the phone call in the morning it was as if I already new. That night I had had a dream where he and I said goodbye and were cheery about it.

Dreams can be powerful stuff. Years ago, I was holidaying in Greece and dreamt that my dad had died. I woke up with tears in my eyes and *knew* something had happened. It took hours to get a call through and everything was just fine. To this day, that dream left an impression and he's still as strong as an ox. Although yours came to be true, it's still fascinating how some dreams can have as great an impact on us as reality.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

I sincerely pray that you never have one and am sorry for all of the heart surgeries that you have had to endure. Amen.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you for your response. I will have to check out that movie. I am always up for an inspiring movie. Blessings.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Very interesting thread!

I would like to give an account of both my NDE and two that my father described to me, one of his and one of his mother's (my grandmother).

My NDE:
A few years back I was at my grandparent's (my mother's parents) house and was using their riding lawn-mower to take care of the grass in their pretty large yard. Well, my granddad was a machinist and had lots of tools, equipment, and vehicles lying around. I am generally pretty OCD about mowing and like to get everything cut. There was one spot left that had a large Back-Hoe vehicle one it (one with a shovel on the back and a scoop in the front). The shovel in the back was arched like the shape of a triangle and so I figured I would drive through it. Unfortunately, as I was driving through it, the side caught my steering wheel and the mower started to turn towards it. This created no clearance for my head and the steel of the shovel started to catch my head as the lawn-mower went forward. At this point, all I felt was a tight squeeze on my head as if my head was getting read to be ripped off and suddenly everything went white. Yes, the very cliché described white void. As I was in this white void I know it had to have lasted on a few Earthly seconds but I had enough time to just be my thoughts. I said to myself "Huh, I can't believe I actually died. Figured I would have lived longer than that." and then I snapped back to reality hanging upside down from my ankle as the lawn-mower had drove up the wheel of the back-hoe and snared my foot between the lawn-mower wheel-hub cover, the lawn-mower gear shifter, and the back-hoe shovel arch, creating a trap. I hung there for about two hours as my granddad has horrible hearing and no one could hear me yelling. Luckily for me, his dog had came to me during this tame and stood there the whole time which allowed me to lay my head on him so that the blood took longer to rush into it. I love that dog for staying with me the whole time. Eventually, my granddad saw me and, with what seemed like super-human strength, grabbed a large rod and snapped the gear shifter right off the lawn-mower. Any ways, not really a pity story as I find it really fascinating but I did feel as if I had really died for a few moments.

My Fathers:
I don't really know the details as I am just going by my dad's story. Any way, he once had a car accident where he was flung into the windshield of his truck and the impact really damaged his spinal chord in his neck, causing him to black out instantly. However, he said that when he had this accident he actually flew through the windshield. He recalls looking at the windshield in slow-motion as it cracked and said that each piece of glass within the spider-web cracking was like a TV screen containing a different memory of his past. Of course, in reality, the windshield never even broke.

My Grandmother's:
I don't know any details on this one so this will be very short. Basically, my grandmother once was taken away at Sea by a horrible current and actually drown-to-death (she was clinically dead). When they finally retrieved her body, however, they were able to bring her back to life with CPR. Her recount of the event was that, once she had finally died and effectively given up on panicking, she said it was one of the most peaceful moments of her life.

Truly odd stuff seems to happen in these moments.
edit on 7-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Thank you for sharing your stories. Quite amazing that you survived.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Thank you for sharing your stories. Quite amazing that you survived.

Oh, my story pales to the event of heart failure. I just thought I'd share the experience of feeling dead! You are welcome.

top topics

join