It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denied Food Stamps, Laredo Woman Shoots Children, Kills Self

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by starchild10
Wow just wow...
She may well have had mental health problems. Fact is you don't know. Suggest you look up the word 'compassion' in the dictionary.

May have had?

I would go on record to say she absolutely did have.
Evidence: She tried to kill her own children, then successfully killed herself.
Is there more evidence needed?

Thats like saying Ted Bundy may have been a bit crazy...what with the serial killing and keeping his boyfriends in the fridge/eating them, etc...

Dude , you are completely wrong about Ted Bundy there , Man. Are you talking about Jeffery Dahmer? Because he killed people and ate them. Bundy to my knowledge only raped and killed women. In fact a quick google search and I can't find a single news report saying Bundy had a boyfriend or kept him in a fridge.

edit on 12-12-2011 by Reptius because: Fixing the quote

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
just going by what i have heard people say on ats about anybody who requires help or needs to claim anything because they have a low income, just going by what i hear some figure heads say about the the poor, just going by what i hear people say about anybody who is either unemployed, or claiming benefits because their wages are to low to survive on, i can probably guess, she was feeling low, in a place where she was made to think she was useless and unworthy and not welcome in society due to her circumstances.

it does not excuse her actions, but maybe she thought there was no other way, and felt she would not be missed by society anyway, and felt there was no hope left as well as feeling like scum for being in that situation anyway, thanks to all the stereo typing of anybody in her position.

so when she was denied being able (in her mind) to feed the children, she listened to the voices in her head convincing her she was low life scum and they were all better off dead.

thank god for the people who care about people in her position and try to help people, it is just unfortunate somebody could not help this woman before she resorted to something that was totally wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Yes, that was pointed out and corrected. cheers

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Yep, a typical story from a "modern" society... It's all about ME ME ME and the "you owe me" mentality.

Yeah I guess so! When hunger and the inability to get the basics needs for survival for your children drive a person to feel they must then relieve their children of the suffering and their community, of themself, and people are so concerned about not sharing their money they make cruel jokes and snears......yes, that is quite a ME,ME,ME generation, isn't it?

I guess compassion, empathy, understanding, heck.... any consideration of others at all is completely gone in that culture, isn't it?

edit on 7-12-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

You can't be serious?There are several other ways to obtain food or even shelter in this country.Just because she was denied food stamps does not justify what she did.Churches all across the country are well known for helping the poor with basic needs.She was obviously mentally disturbed to do this.
edit on 14-12-2011 by xperiment3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xperiment3
You can't be serious?There are several other ways to obtain food or even shelter in this country.Just because she was denied food stamps does not justify what she did.Churches all across the country are well known for helping the poor with basic needs.She was obviously mentally disturbed to do this.

To give you some background on where I am coming from, here is what I wrote in a different post-
They exist. In California, when I was eight months pregnant and homeless I went to the welfare office to ask them if they could just refer to me homeless shelters.... the lady said "they're all full."
I said, "Well could you just give me a paper listing where they are or something?"
She said"No, I'm sorry, I can't. We can't afford the paper."

So I stayed on the street (luckily it isn't too cold in So. Cal.). Tried to get some financial aid, but was told you can't get any if you do not have an address.

Later, after I had my child and had found someone to rent a part of their garage to me to live in, I went many days without food. If someone gave me some old veggies or something, I would feed them to my boy, who stayed always skinny anyways. I don't know where "food banks" are, I never heard of one. It happens in the US too. It is even worse when you're a person who truly believes it is wrong to live of off others.....suicide was a repeating thought in my mind at that time too, and when you see your child in this state (and can only see the rest of his life continuing like that) yeah....I can see how you might start thinking about this.....

Secondly, if our society has come to a point where mocking and snearing rudely at someone who is mentally disturbed is applauded, I do consider that a problem in our society of being self centered.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I can't believe some of the replies on here! How can so many of you be So judgemental of the afflicted! For all of you that judge there will come a day where Karma could come to judge you just as harshly! I feel sorry for your lack of empathy! That's usually caused by never having to know how harsh life can be! Apathy will be the downfall of us all!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by xperiment3

To give you some background on where I am coming from, here is what I wrote in a different post-
They exist. In California, when I was eight months pregnant and homeless I went to the welfare office to ask them if they could just refer to me homeless shelters.... the lady said "they're all full."
I said, "Well could you just give me a paper listing where they are or something?"
She said"No, I'm sorry, I can't. We can't afford the paper."

So I stayed on the street (luckily it isn't too cold in So. Cal.). Tried to get some financial aid, but was told you can't get any if you do not have an address.

Later, after I had my child and had found someone to rent a part of their garage to me to live in, I went many days without food. If someone gave me some old veggies or something, I would feed them to my boy, who stayed always skinny anyways. I don't know where "food banks" are, I never heard of one. It happens in the US too. It is even worse when you're a person who truly believes it is wrong to live of off others.....suicide was a repeating thought in my mind at that time too, and when you see your child in this state (and can only see the rest of his life continuing like that) yeah....I can see how you might start thinking about this.....

Secondly, if our society has come to a point where mocking and snearing rudely at someone who is mentally disturbed is applauded, I do consider that a problem in our society of being self centered.

Most don't know what it's like to have no home, job, food or reason for living anymore! Most don't want to know this life but when they see these people, they are reminded this can happen to anyone, to them even and this creates insecurity and fear! The way they react is to blame the person because that allows them to hold on to the illusion that this will never happen to them! This is ultimately sad for every one of us because we are heading into a world where many of us will be homeless and hungry! The truth is most of these apathetic people are leading us into this realm and once this becomes the norm there will be no going back!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If I ever get desperate enough to shoot somebody, it will definitely NOT be myself or my family. How stupid is that?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The woman should have done it on rich people, not her own poor children. So that the rich learn their lesson that peace is only achieved when there are no hungry needy around.

How dumb can Americans get?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join