It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[WTB]I met a Nazi German Officer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
As a kid I spend all my school vacations at my grandparents.I use to play all day with the neighbor's kid in his grandparents house which was next to his parents house.
His grandfather has this little workshop ,very small made of wood,very skittish one,a tailoring with one Zinger sewing machine very old from the WW2.I like to play all day as I was 7 years old at that time.
Nothing special until now.But....

Well, one day as we were play'n,he just call us inside and he says he want to show us something.We went just like kids waiting for candy.And candy it was.He said:
-kids have a look at this!
He take out a plank from the ceiling,the ceiling was very low.
I didn't realize at first but when I grow up as an adult and I analyze and I understand.
There were some medals,about four pieces, different from one another ,very nice colored,made of heavy metal,one of them o German Nazi cross.
The medals were wrapped in papers written in foreign language,they also look nice at that time,I think those were war certificates of merit,or orders of war.
The most important part was the gun and a binoculars very nice one made of some kind of bronze alloy.

Well, while he was showing us all those things,I remember he has tears on his cheek,and speaking words in a foreign language,what I clearly remember is one of those words was mother in German "Mutter".

He was a very old man at that time,he lived until 90 years of age,he use to drink a lot and I remember him smelling like alcohol at that time.I remember stories of German Nazi officers hiding after the war running from Russians or being afraid to return home to face consequences.I am sure that his wife hide him for a couple of years until things come down. They've got married,they have children,but the memory of homeland never left him.

After the war were very troubled times,very easy to get new ID papers,everyone was corrupt as people suffer of hunger in Europe.He was a good person and I find some peace of my soul to share his story.Maybe that's his desire to!

edit on 7-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: e

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
SnF.

The sins of his past haunted him. At least, that's what I've got from your story. Your story could be an example to live life with no regrets, aye?

Good entry. Thought provoking.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
SnF.

The sins of his past haunted him. At least, that's what I've got from your story. Your story could be an example to live life with no regrets, aye?

Good entry. Thought provoking.

Thank you Druid42,just a true story.

join