It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield US: Pentagon arms police departments with free heavy weaponry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

grenade launchers, helicopters, military robots, M-16 assault rifles and armored vehicles

And local cops need these things why?

Grenade launchers for firing tear gas - which is most often used to clear buildigns AFAIK, Helicopters for surveillance & tracking, robots for having "eyes" and hands for bomb disposal, M-16's for SWAT teams, armoured vehicles for situations where they know there is going to be a lot of incoming small arms fire - or would you rather they wasted a few dozen police cruisers as per Hollywood??

I feel safer already...!

You should feel quite embarrased for not realising the scope of "local" police operations!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have seen police dressed like that, many times .. though true, and thankfully, never right outside my house lol. But just to make a point (yay devils advocate!) I can buy all the same(ish) clothing and tactical gear. Most police stations for instance wear 5.11 tactical clothing (except SWAT) And most police weaponry is the same as citizen weaponry minus firing control mechanism. I can buy body armor, night vision, smoke grenades, batons, OC, tasers, shields, kevlar helmets, body armor, tac gear (most again 5.11) etc etc. There is also no law that I know of (at least here) that says you cannot bullet proof your car and or truck. I can even buy all the same tactical attachments to my rifle if I'm so inclined, and could easily (though illegally) 'fix' the firing mechanism.

For now anyways.

Ah the joys of being an American.

(ps .. indeed, to prove my point, the actual reason for the 'militarization' of police, especially SWAT is that in the 90's police were continuously running into situations where they were out gunned, out armored and out equipped than bad guys. It wasn't until the highly publicized bank robbing in LA where two men in body armor, tac gear and fully auto mid caliber rifles took out police which their largest weapon available was a .45 glock.)
edit on 12/7/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I truthfully am having a rather hard time in believing the Intelligence Quotum here on ATS has declined enough to not see events as they unfold, and not admit the truth about it.

Come on - let's everybody here understand what it means to be on the same page, and that with nothing between the lines unread.

Lets look, shall we?

False flag after false flag after new legislation denying original freedoms after a bout of shocking police abuse after torturing militant combatants is perfectly acceptable in America after the government just took control of this, and that, and tried to take away your guns again after they tried to take away your guns after that politician did it again after that big corporation just did it without reprocussions after the supreme court said it was lawful after the police just put another person in the hospital in critical condition for just sitting there after they now just declared that American Citizens can have their citizenship revoked after it's now ok for the U.S. President to assassinate Americans for alleged crimes/ terrorist actions without trial or jury after another FEMA operation is in effect after another DHS training excercise is in effect after military personnel were just seen patrolling the streets in Illinois after Canada and the D.O.D. now have a military mutual understanding after the Army just announced positions available for Detention Officers after Congress just passed another law that restricts Americans after another $2 billion was given to Israel for military aide after another politician did it, and got away with it, after the Federal Reserve gave 17 Trillion Dollars out to foreign countries in order to bail them out after the President's wife just spent $17 milion in tax payer revenue to take her best friends to Spain for a great, friendly vacation after TSA was just exposed as excessively groping under age female passengers without reprocussion after the police just now shot and killed a man for refusing to stop when told to, later to be found out that the man was deaf after the police just handcuffed and detained a minor for using red pencil instead of a normal graphite pencile to complete last night's homework assignment after the Senate just changed the classification of a popular assault rifle ballistic round into that of a handgun round, thus causing that type of popular ammunition to become a controlled and monitored munition, with the ATF watching those who seek to purchase such rounds, to the tune of having the ATF come to their home, and knock on their door after new legislation has just seized American Pensions and placed them under FDIC control, giving in return to replace such seizures a busted down, squatter inhabited, graffitied building that the FDIC siezed last year and assigned no upkeep of after witnessing train car after train car after train car of Hummers, APCs, and tanks roll through your town after observing bands of military personnel walking down a major street in full battle regalia after it has been discovered that that politician got into office through voter manipulation and electronic voting booth hacks, but is still allowed to remain in office after you just lost your job, after it's been 8 months since you lost your job, are on the third tier of the federal unemployment stimulus package and are now in jepopardy of possibly being branded as a military combatant due to your insistance on your protected rights during a traffic stop turned brutally abusive when the police officer didn't like the tone of your voice and beat you down with his billy club, impounded your car, froze all of your pawned assets, investigated your financial accounts with the excuse that it was in the interest of national security because you are suspected as being a terrorist after once your wounds were treated at the hospital two military MPs arrive....

And detain you in a federal detention facility, where after two years of being still detained there by the military you never receive a court hearing to investigate your crimes after you just got back from serving two tours in Afghanistan after you receive a purple heart because friendly fire from an allied helicopter destroyed your left leg, which had to be amputated and you now get around in a wheel chair... and are now sitting there, staring at the production line in a Unicor - operated facility... making $.65 cents per day putting together military grade munitions involving the use of depleated uranium, and no regulation of the radiation exposure levels you are subjected to while putting together these munitions, to help the World War along its merry way....

Hey... how about that flash bang grenade that cop in Oakland was caught on film tossing on top of an already critically wounded veteran?...

And you people really are so God Damned thankful for the heavy military weaponry the police are receiving from the Gov.? And you really believe that it's not in preparation to execute REX 84???...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

And then they will have rocket launchers to take out cartel vehicles, drones to spy on speeders, desert eagle pistols to pierce body armor, explosive rounds just in case they shoot all their rockets, and every cop has an M-60 in the trunk of their tank.

Where do you draw the line in the sand for what local law enforcement can use against civilians?

edit on 7-12-2011 by tooo many pills because: 6

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

You draw the line at what they are doing and planning on doing - and you do not invent stuff that is fantasy.

It's quite easy if you try!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

What they are planning on doing is also a fantasy. Iin essence, you are saying your line keeps moving closer and closer to you as their plans and advancements increase towards a total police state until you no longer have a place to draw your line? This line is always imaginary tooo btw, but there comes a point where people need to stand up tyranny. When do you say enough is enough?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The sad fact remains that mostly, in the case of serious crimes, the cops will show up well after the crime has been committed. They will just be better armed than before.

I'm not saying that it is their fault. I'm saying that if you want to be protected from 'bad guys', you better rely on yourself.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Simple guide for the 5.0:

www.justnet.org...

Nice to know, wonder when the UK will adopt this insanity!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Wonder when the 50 cals will be mounted on these..bet they have a adapter to seat weapons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join