It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield US: Pentagon arms police departments with free heavy weaponry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Battlefield US: Pentagon arms police departments with free heavy weaponry

rt.com

It has become clear now that local PDs are stockpiling some seriously dangerous doodads free of cost as part of a little-known program from the Pentagon. You can thank Uncle Sam, the Department of Defense and your own American tax dollars for the 1033 Program, an initiative that is giving hundreds of millions of bucks’ worth of military hardware from the DoD and putting it in the hands of your favorite neighborhood cop.

In 2011 alone, the Department of Defense forked over roughly $500 million
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thedaily.com

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen
How would you like to look outside your window and see this?

Just imagine looking outside and feeling like a Gazan!

The year before, the 1033 Program aided local departments with $212 million in weaponry. So far for Fiscal Year 2012, orders are up more than 400 percent compared with figures from the same time an year earlier.

What the hell????

That and Obama activating FEMA Camps?

What are local law enforment agencies going to do with grenade launchers and tanks?

Something huge is definately going on
I think that the dollar will be crashing very shortly perhaps

rt.com

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It seems the preperations are beginning to speed up. Can it be for WAR- COSMIC- or NATIVE SOCIAL UNREST. 1 is not sure I dont even leave out ZOMBIE infection for big Pharma to make theirs...
edit on 12/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

get ready, i guess its time to go underground...oops hold on, everyone was to busy telling everyone that they have stocked up on food and water and now they are coming to get their share as the state feels its it right to do so .

Then again i bet if americans see this cruiser doing patrols in and around major cities then all hell will break loose

edit on 7-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

As soon as I read your post I called my father who is a Deputy Chief of Police here and asked him about this program/ He said its been around forever and basically they get military surplus items like M-16's etc...

He said that nothing "new" or "additional" to that program has been introduced recently.

I'm lucky that in a sense I have a trustable and reliable source at the top I can verify the interest/concern regarding topics like this and others, and I have done so. My dad and I have talked a lot about "fusion centers" and how they work with local PD etc...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

grenade launchers, helicopters, military robots, M-16 assault rifles and armored vehicles

And local cops need these things why? I feel safer already...!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Maybe the goverment thinks the euro crisis is not
going to be fixed and its going KABOOM very soon,

So get ready for a lot of angry people who just found
out the money in the bank just got worthless/missing and
cant buy food or pay bills.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I'd have to put a skirt over those tires.

Seems like a weak point on that behemoth!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It wouldnt bother me a bit. But then again i dont do anything "wrong" so im not worried about it.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ladies and Gentlemen
How would you like to look outside your window and see this?

Just imagine looking outside and feeling like a Gazan!

The year before, the 1033 Program aided local departments with $212 million in weaponry. So far for Fiscal Year 2012, orders are up more than 400 percent compared with figures from the same time an year earlier.

What the hell????

That and Obama activating FEMA Camps?

What are local law enforment agencies going to do with grenade launchers and tanks?

Something huge is definately going on
I think that the dollar will be crashing very shortly perhaps

rt.com

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
you know, we see these threads about hyper police weaponry and FEMA camps and jump to NWO.

Take a breath a deep one.

Imagine this

a world war fought on American soil....we think all wars are fought in other countries and at their loss and never do we imagine war fought on our soil

Now how does this military hardware look in your Town or City say close proxy to schools and hospitals

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
RT playing with the minds of gullible people again eh?

At least this one is entertaining.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
you know, we see these threads about hyper police weaponry and FEMA camps and jump to NWO.

Imagine this

Imagine the aftermath of a series of devastating terrorist attacks, followed by economic collapse, interruption of essential services and transportation, fuel and food etc... Culminating in urban chaos, and complete breakdown of civility...

Now imagine the masses of survivors fleeing, with no place to go...

They may be happy to see FEMA, and the authorities ready to help.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Maybe the goverment thinks the euro crisis is not
going to be fixed and its going KABOOM very soon,

So get ready for a lot of angry people who just found
out the money in the bank just got worthless/missing and
cant buy food or pay bills.

Good call there as well. I feel that is a domino in the whole plan also..

edit on 12/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

As soon as I read your post I called my father who is a Deputy Chief of Police here and asked him about this program/ He said its been around forever and basically they get military surplus items like M-16's etc...

He said that nothing "new" or "additional" to that program has been introduced recently.

Right. Maybe not in his district.

But you can't increase ``donations`` from the military to the cops from $500 million to 2 billion by just giving away M-16s.

They are giving APCs and that kind of stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by rebellender

Imagine this

Imagine the aftermath of a series of devastating terrorist attacks, followed by economic collapse, interruption of essential services and transportation, fuel and food etc... Culminating in urban chaos, and complete breakdown of civility...

Now imagine the masses of survivors fleeing, with no place to go...

They may be happy to see FEMA, and the authorities ready to help.

LOL! Thats what I always say to these discussions. Let riots break out.. like real civil unrest riots and looting/killing/home invasions/etc... and see these same people scream for martial law and camps for the violent element.
I see in my own town the same people that hate the police and constantly voice this opinion started freaking out and screaming for more police presence and certain law enforcement techniques when we started having large groups of "youths" running in en masse to gas stations and stores to loot for no good reason.
The other poster is right, this is nothing new and been going on a long time. My little town has an armored vehicle and the cops are armed to the gills.. all mil surplus. Its gotten so ridiculous here with the crime in the lat 5 years that our cops are wearing all black swat like uniforms, vests, etc 24/7 and they painted all the cars black. Nice psychological effect on the simple minded criminal types I guess.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
damn... america reminding me more and more of the old u.s.s.r ...

cant help wondering when they're going to put up the wall..

there is absolutely no reason for police to have/use heavy military hardware ..

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I actually like the APC's for local law enforcement SRT units. They are great for close insertion points and swift extractions of officers and victims. Anyway to keep the officers safe is ok in my book.

I think back to the famous armed robbery in North Hollywood California a number of years back. The police were at a clear disadvantage with weapons and had to hit the local gun shops to kit up with AR's. Heavy weapons and armored personnel carriers may have prevented the injuries to 15 innocents in that shootout. It's amazing that the only two fatalities were the bank robbers in the end.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
To be honest. I'm more worried about local city governments buying, and flying recon drones over our heads. The city of Arlington Texas reportedly bought a few, and that's nowhere near the Mexican border.

I'm also more concerned with that new spy software, that has been installed in all of our cell phones.

APC's and AR's have been utilized by police for a long time now. Hell I own AR's.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Breaking news... yesterday...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No biggie, I had mine under Military Projects.
edit on 12/7/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

what can you do when confronted with this coming at you.....

nothing.....but

there is always the internet right ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join