It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese 2208 missille boat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
not tour boat!(front one)
bbs.china.com...

waterwork engine

mod edit: replaced large image with link to same

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
ok.wo99.com...

[edit on 6-9-2004 by chinatea]

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
so is the ship to the right in the 1st pic a missle rig disguised as a tour ship or something?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
is there any pics as if there are any on this post i cant see them is there a link plz thank u

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
5 mins later i see the pic its ok

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Damn these pics are huge!
I have cable and its still talking forever!
I feel for you 56k'ers out there

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
so is the ship to the right in front of the gray navy shup in the 1st pic a missle rig disguised as a tour ship or something????????

[edit on 8-9-2004 by boosted]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
chinas' ships look way cooker than our ships....theyre sharp looking...like a knife and the whole thing is the same color they shouldve painted it grey

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Looks like they took the tour boat in front and repainted it in gray.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yo bud u might wanna edit your post and make em lengths taken me forever and im on a fast connection. Betta do it b4 a mod gets here they get angry. Ahh i thought i heard sometin

jra

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It's a really neat looking ship. I like the angular design of it. To bad that logo on the first pic is overtop of the front part of the ship. Is there anything you can tell us about this ship? I don't know that much about ships.. especially chinese ones.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah the pics are huge take it from me make em smaller or the mods wil do it

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes, those were waaay too big. Replaced with links. Sorry for the dial-up users who wanted to read this!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
the front part of 2208
ok.wo99.com...

don't know more detail.

jra

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well I did a bit of searching to see what I could find. Here is one link I have so far:

www.pakistanidefenceforum.com...

From what I read in there. It seems to be a catamaran style hull and uses a hydro jet propulsion as opposed to a prop. It was also stated that with it's caramaran hull, it would be good for high speed intersepts in coastal / smooth waters. So perhaps it could be a fast attack/partol boat. It's hard to say. Maybe it is a missile ship, I don't really know.

I'll look around for more info again later.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So the Chinese are taking tour boats and converting them to military ones. Interesting. Do they plan on acting as a tour boat of the Coast of Taiwan and attacking the island or something?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
bbs.china.com...

Mod edit: image too large, replaced with link

[edit on 15-9-2004 by chinatea]

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Please don't post photos/images without comment. Post only a link to larger images so our dial-up users don't have to wait for them to load just to review the thread and so the formatting of the page is not affected.

Thanks,

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
So the Chinese are taking tour boats and converting them to military ones. Interesting. Do they plan on acting as a tour boat of the Coast of Taiwan and attacking the island or something?

Thats what I was wondering? Are the supposedly disguising missle ships as tour ones? The pic I see show 2 navy ships that are obviously navy ships, and another ship/boat that looks like a tour boat, and I dont see how it could be a missle boat???

top topics

join