It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Islam and Sex

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
if its like a 100 degrees out shorts and a t-shirt or whatever is dressing sensibly

If anything Muslims know how to dress themselves, thank-you.
The most sensible thing to wear in defense of sunburn, wind, rain,
dust, is Muslim clothing (we should know)
btw What are the carcinoma rates between Muslim and non ? why be surprised
Anyways, I luv my collection of hijabs,
and wouldn't trade them for the world.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

I know the definition of the word. There are insulting words that are reserved for males. I don't see what your point is.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

if its like a 100 degrees out shorts and a t-shirt or whatever is dressing sensibly

If anything Muslims know how to dress themselves, thank-you.
The most sensible thing to wear in defense of sunburn, wind, rain,
dust, is Muslim clothing (we should know)
btw What are the carcinoma rates between Muslim and non ? why be surprised
Anyways, I luv my collection of hijabs,
and wouldn't trade them for the world.

It is also a known fact that women that dress that way as well as nuns are not able to get enough Vitamin D. Vitamin D comes from sunlight and from exposure to the sunlight. It is not healthy to dress that way.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
reply to post by LunaKat

I know the definition of the word. There are insulting words that are reserved for males. I don't see what your point is.

Well then I can't explain it to you. If you enjoy being called a bimbo we are on two different planets.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

If you enjoy being called a bimbo we are on two different planets.

I've never been called a bimbo.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Fatwa Permits Mujahideen to Kidnap, Imprison, and Have Sexual Intercourse with Infidel Women

While this entire article is cringe-worthy, perhaps the following was the most disturbing:

Al-Athari adds that the amount of time a captor must wait until having sexual intercourse with a captive infidel woman depends on her condition: if she is pregnant, he must wait until after she gives birth; if she is menstruating, he must wait until after her period is over; and if she is young and has not yet begun menstruating, he must wait a month from her capture.

Really? Under this Fatwa, it is okay to have sex with a captured (infidel) child if you wait a month?

Sick and insane.

Who is it that can issue these "Fatwas" anyway? Does anybody within the religion have oversight? Can Fatwas be overturned on appeal? Does anybody check to see if one Fatwa conflicts with another?

Shouldn't the "mainstream Muslims" out there be screaming from the rooftops that sex with minor children (infidel or not) is not okay with them?

Can an Imam be "disbarred" for issuing religious instructions that are either patently outrageous - and/or would incite people to commit illegal acts?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

It is not a contradiction...if its like a 100 degrees out shorts and a t-shirt or whatever is dressing sensibly for the weather. It is not flaunting. Its being practical.

Actually, it is being very, very idiotic. Weather report...Bright sunshine with a chance of skin cancer?
It is actually MUCH, MUCH better to wear fully covering, loose fitting clothes clothes (and it is surprisingly actually much cooler.

Vitamin D might be obtained from UV rays in sunlight (although it is also obtained from beef, fish, eggs, and mushrooms), but it is interesting to note that the Institute of Medicine at the NAS gives NO recommendations for the amount of time you should be in the sun to obtain it, and that their Dietary Reference Intake assumes that NO Vitamin D is absorbed through the skin, because UV RAYS CAN ALSO CAUSE CANCER.
The nominal amount of Vitamin D required to be absorbed through sunlight (along with what is supplemented by what you eat) can easily be done even through just the face and hands. You certainly don't need to be naked to get the full required Vitamin D.
If you have any data about how nuns or people in deserts or cultures that were almost always covered had weaker bones or any of the other of the problems associated with Vitamin D deficiency, I'd love to see them!

Many people in Cairo may wear t-shirts (both men and women), but you're very unlikely to find any egyptian (man or woman) wearing shorts unless they're the long shorts, or unless they are out jogging, or are at the beach (in which case both the men and women would be fairly naked).

Have you been to Egypt? Or are you making judgements off something you saw off some tv show? Many egyptian women wear the headscarf/hijab thing as a matter of fashion rather than religious beliefs...even Christians. In fact, the hijab and skirt/jeans & high-heels combo seems to be a popular one among egyptian women in urban areas.

I really do find it hilarious when people knock on modest clothing as being oppressive and anti-freedom. So people can dress as nakedly as they want, and it is okay and you should allow them to be free, but the moment they decide they want to cover up, you need to stop their "freedom of clothing"
, because they're being oppressed or are anti-freedom?

You know what I consider one of the most oppressive and evil bits of clothing? High heels.

These are objects that have absolutely NO practical or health value (in fact, they cause footpain, an unsteady gait, shortened stride (in fact, the inability to run), increase likelihood of sprains, fractures, blisters, corns, bunions, hammertoes, Morton's neuroma, plantar fasciitis, and long-term degeneration of the knee-joint.
Their one "advantage"? They look good (supposedly).

If it was up to me, all high-heels would be sold like cigarettes, with a big "USAGE ENTAILS SEVERE HEALTH PROBLEMS" and pictures of the problems it causes.
edit on 9-12-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

If you enjoy being called a bimbo we are on two different planets.

I've never been called a bimbo.

Charmed neither have I. This whole discussion of the word bimbo came out of what ToneDeaf wrote. And then you jumped in and started defending the word bimbo. You may like it, I don't. End of story.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I take it you didn't like the comparison of cutting the hand off to cutting off the man's .....

You take it wrong. You should have actually read my post and you would not have had to guess how I feel about things. I do not have a penis. I have something better so you can talk about cutting them off all day long. I addressed something real.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

Well in the poster's defense, these kinds of things happen all the time in these backward ass, dune coon, POS societies. This is not an isolated incident.

You should have not bothered. I already know that these things happen in SOME PLACES. It has nothing to do with Islam though and you did nothing to change that or add anything in any defence. You just kind of repeated the same thing that I pointed out was already ignorant. You cannot look at some places and then transpose that to a global religion.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Islam is all about repressing women.

So, yes, the men have freedom and the women do not.

Come on, world, this is so wrong - and come on, women, cry for help and get out! Now!

Also let us face the fact that extreme Islamists have lost the plot.

And here is a message to you abusers - guess what, you have lost everything that is holy including your beliefs.

Abusers are always punished.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

It is not a contradiction...if its like a 100 degrees out shorts and a t-shirt or whatever is dressing sensibly for the weather. It is not flaunting. Its being practical.

Actually, it is being very, very idiotic. Weather report...Bright sunshine with a chance of skin cancer?
It is actually MUCH, MUCH better to wear fully covering, loose fitting clothes clothes (and it is surprisingly actually much cooler.
Many people in Cairo may wear t-shirts (both men and women), but you're very unlikely to find any egyptian wearing shorts unless they're the long shorts, or unless they are out jogging, or are at the beach (in which case both the men and women would be fairly naked).

Have you been to Egypt? Or are you making judgements off something you saw off some tv show?

I really do find it hilarious when people knock on modest clothing as being oppressive and anti-freedom. So people can dress as nakedly as they want, and it is okay and you should allow them to be free, but the moment they decide they want to cover up, you need to stop their "freedom of clothing"
, because they're being oppressed or are anti-freedom?

You know what I consider one of the most oppressive and evil bits of clothing? High heels.

These are objects that have absolutely NO practical or health value (in fact, they cause footpain, an unsteady gait, shortened stride (in fact, the inability to run), increase likelihood of sprains, fractures, blisters, corns, bunions, hammertoes, Morton's neuroma, plantar fasciitis, and long-term degeneration of the knee-joint.
Their one "advantage"? They look good (supposedly).

If it was up to me, all high-heels would be sold like cigarettes, with a big "USAGE ENTAILS SEVERE HEALTH PROBLEMS" and pictures of the problems it causes.

Sorry I don't think I'd be more comfortable in the heat dressed from head to toe. And I admit my exposure to what the people were wearing was off that travel show which I already noted. And it is still very odd to me that the Egyptian women were dressed like nuns and the men it was a toss up. Some dressed that way, mostly the young adult men didn't. I just wonder why the young Egyptian women didn't have the same choice? Why young and old Egyptian women all had to wear that? The original reason given for it in this thread --and not by me-- was that it was considered flaunting if you didn't do that.

At 6'0 tall I don't need high heels. But yeah those can be highly uncomfortable.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Charmed neither have I. This whole discussion of the word bimbo came out of what ToneDeaf wrote. And then you jumped in and started defending the word bimbo. You may like it, I don't. End of story.

I don't like the word. There's lots of words I don't like, but I don't illogically label them as 'derogatory' against an entire group of people. How could you feel personally offended at the word if you've never even been called that? ToneDeaf spoke of some women acting as bimbos and then you implied that 'bimbo' was synonymous with 'woman'.

I'm not defending the word. I just don't understand the strong disdain for one word or your thinking of it as synonymous with 'woman'.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

It is also a known fact that women that dress that way as well as nuns are not able to get enough Vitamin D. Vitamin D comes from sunlight and from exposure to the sunlight. It is not healthy to dress that way.

carcinoma isn't healthy.
Looks like Muslims have better knowledge of dietary needs,
instead of depending on pharmaceutical drug companies
for any hyperbole on vitamin D tablets.
As for sexual mistreatment,
rape, . . . TSA has the market on that !
(made legal by your government)
Good for these guys :
actually doing something about it rather than meddling in
the bedrooms of others :
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I don't like the word. There's lots of words I don't like, but I don't illogically label them as 'derogatory' against an entire group of people. How could you feel personally offended at the word if you've never even been called that? ToneDeaf spoke of some women acting as bimbos and then you implied that 'bimbo' was synonymous with 'woman'.

I'm not defending the word. I just don't understand the strong disdain for one word or your thinking of it as synonymous with 'woman'.

Its the usage of the word today...I did not invent it. Your problem is not with me its with slang. Ugh, I can't explain this to you as I've said before. You and I are on different wavelengths entirely.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

carcinoma isn't healthy.
Looks like Muslims have better knowledge of dietary needs,
instead of depending on pharmaceutical drug companies
for any hyperbole on vitamin D tablets.
As for sexual mistreatment,
rape, . . . TSA has the market on that !
(made legal by your government)
Good for these guys :
actually doing something about it rather than meddling in
the bedrooms of others :
www.naturalnews.com...

What dependency on pharmaceutical drug companies for Vitamin D tablets??? If you are getting exposure to the sun naturally you don't need tablets. The only ones who would need them are people who are covered that way or nuns or people in very cold climates where they also need additional clothing but for warmth.

And just so you know I do not follow links off ATS.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Its the usage of the word today...I did not invent it. Your problem is not with me its with slang. Ugh, I can't explain this to you as I've said before. You and I are on different wavelengths entirely.

I never implied that you invented it. I also didn't say I had a problem with the word. The only women I have witnessed being called 'bimbos' are the ones who actually act dumb and airheaded.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Islam is all about repressing women.

So, yes, the men have freedom and the women do not.

Come on, world, this is so wrong - and come on, women, cry for help and get out! Now!

Also let us face the fact that extreme Islamists have lost the plot.

And here is a message to you abusers - guess what, you have lost everything that is holy including your beliefs.

Abusers are always punished.

Can you explain how woman are repressed in Islam? Not Saudi Arabia, not Egypt, ISLAM. And uh, yeah "repressed?"

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I never implied that you invented it. I also didn't say I had a problem with the word. The only women I have witnessed being called 'bimbos' are the ones who actually act dumb and airheaded.

Look Charmed this whole thing and what you've done with it is making my head hurt. This is the last of this I'm gonna say. You said I said bimbo was synonymous with women. I didn't really ever say that. I said its a derogatory word used for women (done by ToneDeaf) and then gave you a paragraph about the use of the word which you then argued more about.

Synonymous with the word women to me is the word female. Not the word bimbo.

Enough already.

edit on 9-12-2011 by LunaKat because: my typing is poop

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I said its a derogatory word used for women (done by ToneDeaf) and then gave you a paragraph about the use of the word which you then argued more about.

You don't really have a point about it being insulting to all women- not with your wikipedia definition or anything else you've said. Some women really do act like bimbos. It's wrong to criticize them for it? There are insults used exclusively for males as well.

Enough already.

Enough with the PC nonsense.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join