It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Saves Kittens Run Over & Left For Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Regan the Lab found a Meow Mix bag containing live kittens - sealed in and left to die by being run over. Two or more of the litter-mates already dead from the fate couldn't be saved of course but Regan saved the remaining babies! Instead of leaving the bag Regan dragged the bag all the way home and whined until the owner opened the bag. (YUCK! Poor owner)!

Happy Ending for some though! Two of the kittens are alive and well now though at the time they were so weak they had to be bottle fed every two hours and for a while it was touch and go if they'd make it. But they did!

What a hero dog!

Lovely story of an animal who just KNOWS what's right and wrong - showing just how barbaric humans can be in comparison.

Enough said...I've got a..cat hair in my eye...

peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Just reinforces my theory that animals > humans.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What a really nice story, that is a very special dog and those are some very lucky kittens!

It's nice to see a happy outcome after someone dilberately tried to do the unthinkable and give those babies a very gruesome end. I hope locals are trying to find the person responsible. A year ago I make a post about the kitten vacuum killer, and looks like he has struck again. So my last few days have been sad and sickened over how sick people are and at least this story has a happy outcome. Thanks for that!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I've always said that the best justice done to an animal abuser, is doing the same thing to them that they did to the animal, so they know just how wrong it is. For that matter, to anyone who commits a violent crime against another innocent. Awesome story though, it brings warm fuzzies.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yeah, I can bet 'Meow Mix' isn't too thrilled about the whole thing either.
I bet you could narrow down who did this too!

It is lovely that dog was so 'right there on the spot' too isn't it!

peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
What a really nice story, that is a very special dog and those are some very lucky kittens!

It's nice to see a happy outcome after someone dilberately tried to do the unthinkable and give those babies a very gruesome end. I hope locals are trying to find the person responsible. A year ago I make a post about the kitten vacuum killer, and looks like he has struck again. So my last few days have been sad and sickened over how sick people are and at least this story has a happy outcome. Thanks for that!

boy if I could only get my hands on that kitten vacuum killer for just 60 seconds, I'd probably have time left over.
how can people be so barbaric and cruel

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Exactly why I prefere dogs over humans.....you cant trust a human to look after you but you can trust a dog to never leave your side.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My wife who is a Vet Tech just found a shoe box with two young kittens in it in the middle of an intersection. She nursed them and found them homes. We live on a farm and through the years have had countless kittens tossed out a car door into our yard.

Here's a few of the rescues we did this summer:

edit on 12/7/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
reply to post by silo13

Just reinforces my theory that animals > humans.

That is blatantly incorrect. Some dogs are indiscriminately nasty, just like some humans are. It's part of life, you get the whole mixed bag, the good with the bad (regardless of what species you are studying). See, this makes news because it doesn't happen very often. But when humans help other humans, this doesn't make news, and conversely, when they refuse to help other humans, it does make news due to it's rarity.

animals = humans. In every respect. From biology to personality, we are the same. Please don't lose your thinking caps over this, I love animals too but I would never put any animal over any human.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And people think world peace is not possible!! Very touching find!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
what a amazing story.

i wonder how many people walked past before a dog decided to pick it up!?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This story makes me sick and happy at the same time. People can be so cruel. I hope the babies have a long healthy life filled with love....and the pup as well...and I hope the cruel person who did that gets a massive karma payback.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow people like this truly are disgusting wastes of a living being... This boils my blood.

Why do people do this? I mean, I will never understand dumping kittens somewhere, but why not leave them SOMEWHERE that's not in the middle of a busy street? Why do they deliberately want them to suffer? Even if you brought them to a shelter or pound, and God forbid they end up being put down.. at least it's more 'humane' than being squished in an intersection in a box with your siblings. UGH I almost threw up.

When I was working at a big home improvement store, someone dumped a little two week old kitten in a box in the middle of the parking lot. She had infected eyes, her bones were sticking out... And she has no food or anything in the box, or milk rather, since she was so young.

I took her in, we nursed her, and she is now 6 years old, very very spoiled living at my sisters house, pretty much running the place from her little pink princess bed. Saving an animal really rewards you with an incredible feeling that nothing else can come close to.

I can't imagine the feeling these people get by dumping defenseless animals, especially baby animals, in a place to die. I bet they feel nothing at all, and that's scary.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Well done. I have to ask though, what is the little brown creature, so very cute.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you for sharing this. People are so very cruel sometimes.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Dogs are more consistently good than humans.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

It is a Melanistic Eastern Grey Squirrel the lighting is making it look brown in that picture. It an a litter mate we accidentally pruned from their nest and brought into a local clinic. They were dehydrated and near death but successfully nursed and reintroduced in a nice hickory stand.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
yay Regan i always said he would be reincarnated as a dog maney he got all the crazy out of his system as a human

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I understand how precious human lives are...

but something about animal cruelty just makes me ABSOLUTELY SICK TO MY STOMACH. I know stuff like this happens everyday and I really try to keep it out of my thought.

I am not a violent person and I don't want to be...but when people do this to animals it makes me want to be violent towards them....

I'd rather die than watch someone kill my dog...

It just pisses me off to know there are animals out there in situations like this RIGHT NOW....

I want to save them all : /

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
My wife who is a Vet Tech just found a shoe box with two young kittens in it in the middle of an intersection. She nursed them and found them homes. We live on a farm and through the years have had countless kittens tossed out a car door into our yard.

Here's a few of the rescues we did this summer:

edit on 12/7/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

thank you for your service!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join