It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous- Message to the people

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
Is no one going to ask for the link to the actual bill?

Here is the link to the bill as requested.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
apparently anyone with a guy fawkes mask, a video camera and a statement is part of anonymous.

now that i said my piece, i'm going to run norton anti-virus for the next 14 hours.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
of course any guy with a guy fawkes mask & etc is apart of anonymous. they're anonymous. that's pretty much the point. anonymous can be anyone.

and norton sucks.
edit on 7-12-2011 by dreamnomore because: clarification.

edit on 7-12-2011 by dreamnomore because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
whats going on with this thread? this seems like a done deal, so why it in Highly Speculative??? and where are all the responses? moreover, is there anything whatsoever that could realistically be done about it if the army kicks in your front door? the only weapon we're allowed as citizens is a "vote". well did anyone here vote in favor of this?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Its too late, we have gone too deep into the system. The only way out now is a complete system collapse globally, a complete restart, which isn't gunna go down to well without some serious wars and death

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
Its too late, we have gone too deep into the system. The only way out now is a complete system collapse globally, a complete restart, which isn't gunna go down to well without some serious wars and death

i agree with this. i think the only thing we can do now is prepare ourselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
A must watch for all Ron Paul fans: www.youtube.com... . It's not enough to just say "vote Ron Paul". People need to SWITCH PARTIES 12 WEEKS IN ADVANCE in most states. So REGISTER REPUBLICAN, otherwise, you CAN'T VOTE for Ron Paul in your state's primary!

If Ron Paul doesn't win enough delegates in the primaries, HE CAN'T RUN for President as a Republican!
Thumbs up, copy & paste everywhere!!!

PS: I can't start a thread about this info because i am new member but i hope someone will do it for me!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
1032(b)(1)"The requirement to detain a person in military custody under
this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."

Doesnt appear to apply to US citizens. However the use of the word 'requirement' is a bit bizarre. Does that mean that it is optional to detain US citizens? Possibly.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
Is no one going to ask for the link to the actual bill?

Here is the link to the bill as requested.

www.whitehouse.gov...

That looks different though I didnt go through it all. This is the link I was using to read the bill:

www.gpo.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

The White House already stated TODAY that the President will VETO.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

The White House already stated TODAY that the President will VETO.

Good news.

Do you have a link?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Obama's going to stop the tyrannical s1867?
Brains should be imploding about now.
I bet its because it didn't give the executive branch
sole power.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
blatantly unconstitutional anyone who supports this bill or uses this to detain any american citizen for any reason is guilty of treason and should be treated as such. allways demand a trial for anyone held by our government especially the guilty as the innocent will be next.

think about it if they have you in custody why the fear of a trial? i know throwing people into a cage and violating their civil/human rights will make people less likely to hate us?????? what about all the friends/family members? sounds like a good way to turn 1 terrorist into 20. so in a sense the goal by passing this is to increases the chances of an attack probably because they cant risk another false flag attack so soon.

to any "terrorists" or enemys of the us government, simply do nothing, you win. they need their next pearl harbor/boogeyman to keep this charade going and if noone gives them one..........

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Even if he vetoes it, it'll go back through the system; and all it'd need is a 2/3rds vote to override the veto.

Essentially, the indefinite detainment is restricted to members of Al-Qaida, but the wording is so ambiguous that it's up to military impunity as to whether or not someone's a member of Al-Qaida, without any need for proof or trial. By extension, the addition of the word "requirement" in the clause posted a few comments up pretty much allows American citizens to indeed by considered as members of Al-Qaida; again, without reason, trial, and completely on military impunity.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So let's see, they cut the red ribbon on FEMA camps, and then passed a bill making the United States a battleground where US citizens can be detained indefinitely without trial.

If that's not setting off alarm bells, I don't know what will. Probably after it's too late and they're hauling people off to concentration camps. That's just the way people are, timid creatures of habit with no backbone.

It's time to demand answers, people need to start getting angry. Call your elected officials and ask them why they're signing your rights away!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ClosedEyeVisuals

I worked at GTMO and that doesn't make any sense. Al Qaida only made up about 7% of all the detainees at GTMO. There were literally hundreds of terrorist groups represented there.

If this is in regards to the war on terror, it makes ZERO sense they would limit themselves to Al Qaida only.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
So, should it ever make it to the President's desk, do you actually think he'd sign it? REALLY, SERIOUSLY??

Ok, for those of you who think a president's veto matters at all:
en.wikipedia.org...

I've read too many articles and posts saying, basically, "It's ok, the president wants to veto it"

Am I the only person who paid attention in my 9th grade civics class? And no, that statement

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't understand why there is so much support in congress for such laws,

Do they know something we don't?

Sounds like something big is coming for which the US military will need those powers

You really do have to think

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Whilst you are not familiar with the laws, I emplore you to familiarise yourself with ethics on ATS.

You are required to at least give a brief explanation about what your video insert is about.
All subscribers do not have access to video streaming, and thus have no idea what you are trying to discuss.

Can you kindly rub some words together so we can all share in the conversation? I am really interested.

(Hope this is not a double request on this thread.)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ok, I see you did put up a link later to that bill.

Sorry, and thanxx.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join