It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous- Message to the people

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Anonymous- Message to the people

www.youtube.com

New Bill Passed in Congress
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-12-2011 by Jerisa because: video

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am sorry if this has already been posted, it did not show up in search. That being said, People please take this serious! This is not a Joke! I am very concerned even though I am not American. What happens in the states, tends to bleed over to Canada. Stop this madness! I am not familiar with your laws regarding ousting a President (I know we did it here once with a Prime Minister), but for the love of God, Do not lose your rights!

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You have me on the edge of my seat! Tell me a little synopsis at least! I can't watch vids right now.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It basically summarizes S. 1867, and how US citizens (again) have no rights anymore. It urges the public to wake up and take our freedom back.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Here is a bit from the description on the Youtube site.

Dear brothers and sisters. Now is the time to open your eyes!

In a stunning move that has civil libertarians stuttering with disbelief, the U.S. Senate has just passed a bill that effectively ends the Bill of Rights in America.

The National Defense Authorization Act is being called the most traitorous act ever witnessed in the Senate, and the language of the bill is cleverly designed to make you think it doesn't apply to Americans, but toward the end of the bill, it essentially says it can apply to Americans "if we want it to.

Bill Summary & Status, 112th Congress (2011 -- 2012) | S.1867 | Latest Title: National Defense Authorization Act for.

This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a "battleground" upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity.

Even WIRED magazine was outraged at this bill, reporting:

Senate Wants the Military to Lock You Up Without Trial

...the detention mandate to use indefinite military detention in terrorism cases isn't limited to foreigners. It's confusing, because two different sections of the bill seem to contradict each other, but in the judgment of the University of Texas' Robert Chesney — a nonpartisan authority on military detention — "U.S. citizens are included in the grant of detention authority."

The passage of this law is nothing less than an outright declaration of WAR against the American People by the military-connected power elite. If this is signed into law, it will shred the remaining tenants of the Bill of Rights and unleash upon America a total military dictatorship, complete with secret arrests, secret prisons, unlawful interrogations, indefinite detainment without ever being charged with a crime, the torture of Americans and even the "legitimate assassination" of U.S. citizens right here on American soil!

And the video imbeded.

reply to post by Jerisa

Jerisa make sure you uncheck the "Show suggested videos when the video finishes" box before you copy the video number.

What's up with that ridiculous voice over? I couldn't stand listening to the video, thank goodness there is a text version in the description so I could read what was being said.
edit on 12/7/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If this is truth, its got to be the biggest hiest of rights and freedom ever witnessed in the modern western world!!

This is a robbery of massive proportions!!

US folk should revolt and guillitine the senate members for this!!

Suckers isnt even close!!!!
edit on 7-12-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

What's up with that ridiculous voice over?

security - never heard of tracking someone by his/her voice? Oo

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
350,000 views since dec 3rd and quickly increasing, pretty good for an anon video, glad this sort of thing is starting to go viral. I look forward to next years Nov 5, I am sure more issues will come up over the next year which will help grow support.

To put things in perspective, this is doing better than The anti-Newt ad "Serial Hypocrisy" and that was covered a lot on TV news.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So, should it ever make it to the President's desk, do you actually think he'd sign it? REALLY, SERIOUSLY??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This may very well be a ploy by our illustrious leaders to blow this out of proportion so it will be vetoed or rejected.

"See, the senate passed it, and we rejected it because it wasn't good for the American people."

Then it will get "revised" and "revised", and finally, they will get what they wanted to start with.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

S&F for you. I live in Eastern Ontario, and I'm verry concerned about this issue myself. Like you said, what ever transpires in the US get into Canada as well. With Harper at the helm, who klnows what he's planning. There is a lot of talk of the North American Union and if this comes to pass that bill will automaticaly be atributed to us as well. I'don;'t want that. I'm sure most Canadians don't what that either. So people of the US, you need to step up to the plate for this one. Empeech Obama. You did it so easily with Clinton for getting head in the oval office. Now you can do it to Obama for taking away your freedom.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
As I write this, nationwide completed new detention camps ARE BEING STAFFED. The PTB is getting ready for us to feel extremely reactive. But to what, though? Looks like we are going to find out in short order.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: because this feature posts the misspellings, not me.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctdannyd
So, should it ever make it to the President's desk, do you actually think he'd sign it? REALLY, SERIOUSLY??

Dude, it's already to late....

It passed the senate 93-7 and the house version H.R. 1540 passed 322-96. Even if Obama wanted to veto it, there is just too much support in congress. I am sure he communicates with the DNC, the only reason he would say he'd veto it is to look like the good guy while his goons pass it with overwhelming support, so he can wash his hands clean...

"Ignoring a presidential veto threat, the Democratic-controlled Senate on Thursday overwhelmingly approved a massive, $662 billion defense bill that would require the military to hold suspected terrorists linked to al-Qaida or its affiliates, even those captured on U.S. soil, and detain some indefinitely." -Associated Press on Yahoo News...

Yes.. REALLY, yes.. SERIOUSLY.
edit on 7-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

completed new detention camps ARE BEING STAFFED.

I am not doubting you but do you have a source for this?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

yes bill s1867 is a defense spending bill he will have no choice but to sign it even if he veto's it, Congress has the votes to pass it.
The House has a bill as well HR1540 it too says the same thing as Bill S 1867 just he numbers are different S 1867 is sub sec D 1031 1032 Hr 1540 is sub sec D 1036 1037? if i recall it correctly.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Jerisa

S&F for you. I live in Eastern Ontario, and I'm verry concerned about this issue myself. Like you said, what ever transpires in the US get into Canada as well. With Harper at the helm, who klnows what he's planning. There is a lot of talk of the North American Union and if this comes to pass that bill will automaticaly be atributed to us as well. I'don;'t want that. I'm sure most Canadians don't what that either. So people of the US, you need to step up to the plate for this one. Empeech Obama. You did it so easily with Clinton for getting head in the oval office. Now you can do it to Obama for taking away your freedom.

It has begun:

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

If this is truth, its got to be the biggest hiest of rights and freedom ever witnessed in the modern western world!!

Your first statement sums the whole thing up perfectly.

Once more ATS members are suckered in by the paranoid. ATS is overrun by those spreading lies and paranoia yet ATS was designed to stop this from other forms of media?

It's so damn funny

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Your first statement sums the whole thing up perfectly.

Once more ATS members are suckered in by the paranoid. ATS is overrun by those spreading lies and paranoia yet ATS was designed to stop this from other forms of media?

It's so damn funny

First, I would like to know how this thread is spreading paranoia? Have you read the Bill? Do you understand it? My thoughts would be no on both questions. Educate yourself please before you condem others

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

I thought the bill failed today? whats the current status?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Is no one going to ask for the link to the actual bill?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join